It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he won’t participate in GOP debate on Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I've noticed that every day of the week, CNN.com and MSNBC.com have something negative about Donald Trump on their front page. The more they bash Donald, the more resolved I am to get him to the White House. I'm dying to see these two networks cover election night, and angrily tell voters how stupid we are, when it becomes obvious that Donald Trump will be the next President of the U.S.A..

There are NO news outlets that are very happy with him. Most people aren't, for that matter.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
He said the same exact thing about CNN and he showed up. However, think he really does hate FOX and gives him more power if he pokes the eye of Republican MSM.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
My problem with Bernie is the he's been in government for over 30 years and hasn't accomplished any of the things he talks about.

I don't want that for the next four years.

Do you even bother to answer these questions for yourself or do you just decide you already know everything and state your incorrect opinions as facts???

Bernie Sanders, What the Hell Have You Done for Us Lately?

The Bernie Sanders Accomplishment Challenge

edit on 27-1-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As for Trump and the topic. What a gigantic crybaby!!!

I guess he doesn't like the fact the world doesn't revolve around him. Oh well, let him stay home and whine about it like a little b*tch then.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Foderalover

I think this is a good example of the type of rational we can expect in the presidency and I like it.

He might actually get some respect from Russia.

Trump and a Saudi Prince (who owns mucho stock in fox news) got into a tiff on twitter or face book ? The Saudi Prince dude told him to pull out of the election and Trump said something like, "dopey prince" Alwaleed wanted to "control U.S. politicians with daddy's money". ... Just wondering if that might have something to do with Trump not letting Fox use him for ratings ? Anyone who will stand up to the Saudi's certainly makes me appreciate them for not sucking up to their money..!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

He's already said why. Because Megan Kelly who is going to be one of the 3 moderators for the debate "doesn't treat him fairly".

Big tough guy Trump got his whittle feelings hurt in that first debate when Megan questioned his comments about women and he thought that was unfair of her. Which he then also made a comment about her implying it had something to do with her "bleeding from wherever".

Poor baby. I suppose North Korea, Iran and Russia are expected to play nice because Trump might not like being insulted or challenged??? Yeah right.

He's all Bark and no Bite. Chased out with his tail between his legs because of Megan Kelly. What a Lame. Some leader alright.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Boy that is true leadership, he is going to take his ball and go home. How is that going to play out on the world stage if he become Prez (hopefully not). Putting himself behind the 8 ball a little early.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: queenofswords

Funny how Trump only now cares about these debates making money off advertising and never before. Sure, I really believe he's doing it for the vets...

He's afraid of Kelly because he knows she's gonna challenge him and he's running for the hills. Yeah, that's a man I want as president... He's a coward.

Not at all accurate.

www.politico.com...

files.ctctcdn.com...

The debate now is just pointless from his point of view. Its 6 days out and he's winning, so he can tell Fox to kick rocks. They did try and burn him the first debate so why line their pockets now?
edit on 27-1-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Boy that is true leadership, he is going to take his ball and go home. How is that going to play out on the world stage if he become Prez (hopefully not). Putting himself behind the 8 ball a little early.

Wow, lol. It IS a show of leadership, saying FU Fox, I will not be part of what you would like to make money from.

Without Trump the debate will be a flop. He knows that, and fox is HOPING to get some kind of selling point on that. Simple fact, without Trump most people that would watch the debate won't. So if he asks for a different moderator and Fox says no, I would certainly hope the person running for president has the balls to say "I won't take part in your event".

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think this is a big mistake by Trump. He has given the media the one thing that thy will be able to use to bring him down. His campaign has been characterised by his claims of negotiation and 'getting along' with all people. By using this to show that he can't actually achieve that, all his other points can be called into question. The media will have a field day with this and you can be sure that in the debate Megyn Kelly will be mentioning him every 5 minutes. I suspect the debate will turn into questions about what Trump has said with the other candidates taking it in turns to bash him.

Kelly will constantly reference that 'Donald Trump declined to attend to respond directly' and 'didnt want to address the voters'.

The whole debate is going to be one giant hit piece.

That said, I would not put it past Fox to fire Megyn Kelly or stand her down... If they did it would play Trump as destroying her career and he would probably lose more votes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You obviously didn't see the comments from fox news regarding his announcement. They COULD have taken the high road, but nope, they showed exactly what their agenda was in the responses they made.

Trump 2 - Fox 0

*Oh and to add, without Trump or the superbowl to help it, fox's debate will be a ratings nightmare. I guarantee the people that care and can have pulled their advertising dollars from this debate due to his announcement.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

He's applying for a job; yes, but he is also skipping this Muppet show for something that really matters. He shall return on the next pie hole contest....

ETA, he is still in the lead, and this will enhance his campaign!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I know for a fact I am not participating in voting for the primaries, I have my personal throw away vote already selected. This is now a matter of entertainment.

From a I am not voting for any of those guys stand point, aka I do not have a dog in this part of the race. I see the Don's move as a good tactic. It draws attention away from fox if he gets the "fundraiser" on another channel gives him a platform to push his agenda with out the moderators trying to shut him up. And makes him look like a saint when money rolls in for a good cause instead of lining fox's pocket.

I may have the debate on a second screen just to see if Megan Kelly will do what I think she is going to do, I think she is going to try and Kill shot Trump with out him there...

Now what would impress me is if the other candidates would pull a drop the mike and walk when she tries that but there is not one there that I honestly believe is principled enough to do it.

CoBaZ

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Own monetary reasons? Like I said, where was all this concern with the other 6 debates? All the sudden now it's a big deal.

Agree to disagree but Trump is a coward and is running from Kelly.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No he's making a point to Fox that he is bigger than them, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think it's great that Trump is skipping the debate because the person filling his slot will be Rand Paul. Now Rand just needs to be aggressive and get his voice heard.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
IMO. FOX News/Megan Kelly was dying to BE PART OF THE NEWS, instead of reporting the news.

Briebart has a story up now indicating FOX money flows to the "Open Borders" side. www.breitbart.com...

I have been watching Kelly recently and you could see with each passing day she was setting Trump up. It is now being reported FOX "inserted" three people into the Debate asking part who had issues specifically against Trump. This was not known about by the RNC when the debate was set up. www.breitbart.com...

Trump isn't stupid.... he saw the "set-up" and said the heck with that. I don't need to do this debate-to be a punching bag for all a few days before the Iowa voting. And, he's right.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
He really IS brilliant.

He set this maneuver up months ago with the first FOX debate (Meghan Kelly)...and brings it home with this one.
NOW he dominates the news cycle right up to the Iowa caucus...and pulls in the veteran vote.

Folks on the left...call him a dummy at your peril...but you're witnessing a master tactician at work here.
edit on 27-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

they now said hay rand come on downnnn!!!

wow.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think he is a Coward, and the rest of the flock babbling fools. What a disgrace the GOP has become. Even Pentagon Chief Robert Gates says "the Republicans’ grasp of national security is at a child’s level". Raw Story

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join