It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's see just how "non-PC" you truly are

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I'm only 35 but I grew up in a world where you either allowed yourself to be a victim or you stood up for yourself. I ain't interested in what anyone is doing in their own bedrooms or whatever and don't think I made any statements that would lead anyone to think that.

That aside, behind closed doors is pretty much the key here. there are certain groups out there who for some reason are quite active in publicising their lifestyle, promoting it to others and so on. It's irrelevant who these groups are and that's for a different thread maybe...the point is invoking the non-PC card has become so commonplace and overused it barely even has much of an impact any more, it went insane long ago.

We've passed the point of trying to teach people to be decent and tolerant and we now dictate how people should act, speak or feel with regards to certain issues. I see people being conditioned to accept things that weren't always accepted, some for the better...some not so much. I agree fully, we should respect ourselves and others and not publicise certain spects of our lifestyle or try to push it on people.

We oughtta stop teaching kids about nonsense and concentrate on the important things.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

1. I'd be really surprised if the employer didn't Fire the employee after that but that's up to them. I'd take my business elsewhere.

2. Likewise, the heckler has a right to say what he has to say. But he better be ready to handle the backlash.

3. Someone talking crap is a situation that can be handled many different ways. Would any reasonable person take that? I wouldn't. That's not being PC that's standing up for yourself.

I guess the PC thing to do for #1 would be to call up the news and make a big fuss.

The other two are just awkward social situations and only require simple common sense.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
1:I suppose dragging them over the counter to discuss it isn't on the table? I am not spoken to like that MOST just look away.
2:I would counter assault with rapier wit ,most who actually engage in such behavior are the depth of rain puddles.
3:I goad that person into a physical altercation by using their nature against them,egos are so easy to analyze and play with.
Then they are mine to do with as I please.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
1. I would ask to speak to his manager and then advise them both that I will now be taking my business elsewhere because the employee cannot separate their personal opinion from their professional one.

2. I would not become involved because I have no control over folks that elect to go full retard and embarrass themselves.

3. I would not become involved or react or respond because I have no control over folks that elect to go full retard and embarrass themselves. I would ask that my friends desist from any involvement as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah it seems that OP was suggesting if you don't let any a$$hole say whatever they want you're basically PC.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I hate you for being so superior to me grrrr!!!!

In reality I hope I could be cool some day. But the real reason I reply to this comment is the idea that a hobo looking guy like me tells someone that he will take his business elsewhere they would just laugh to death of me and say something like: what are you not going to use the bathroom without buying anything anymore?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

When some RUDE prick steps up I tend to call them on it when and where I think they are wrong.
P.C. is about programming our culture to a more 'Demolition Man" LA type culture that we aren't going to let happen...ever.
In fact as a result of the idiotic ministrations from these backward creatures,the world is almost at war.
Racial violence is now at levels like the 60s.
AND they don't like guns because they are so sacred of whackballs getting them they'll support the taking of any battle capable system.
We stand apart.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This isn't the black and white issue so many progressives seem to make it into (ironic considering they often complain that conservatives are absolutists.) I don't believe (many) Americans from any spectrum are suggesting there should be a wide open verbal wild west taking place in which anyone can say anything and waltz away without any consequences.

What causes people to bristle at the ideology of the PC modern world is horsecrap like microagressions, destroying someone entire livelihood over a throw away off color comment, and treating words as weapons more damaging than actual physical skull crackers. I guess what I'm saying is we can all agree that it takes a real asshole to unprovoked say something intentionally hurtful, but it also takes a real asshole to blow an unintended throw away comment or flippant action into a massive media circus and farce of mock outrage, ya?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nothing is black and white, sometimes before that unintended trow away comment was made, the asshole that blows it has endure millions over his life and could not take that extra one more.

You cannot now, never, nothing is black and white indeed

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Ding! Winner!!!

Micheal Richards is an excellent case of that. He was trying to do his show, trying to entertain people. He was being mercilessly heckled and subjected to racial epithets from two men in the crowd. After dealing with it for several minutes, he snapped and responded with a natural instinct to return like for like and emotionally hurt those who were attacking him. Result: the media blows it out of the water and destroys his career. A man with no prior issues, no hint of hatred, and really only guilty of defending himself and his livelihood, ruined by absolutism.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

1. I would call him an asshole and leave.
2. I would tell the person making fun of the other person who is overweight to not be an asshole, and embarrass them and/or (mainly or) myself in some way - but then again, I too poke fun at overweight people so I guess I shouldn't be an asshole anymore.
3. Being raised by an abusive mother, it takes a lot to get a rise out of me. I would honestly - well, I don't have any friends so this one doesn't apply. Just kidding, I'd probably join in and make fun of me too.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"" Are you a deer hunter or a lamb killer? ""

I can answer that question... I'm both

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Americans from any spectrum are suggesting there should be a wide open verbal wild west taking place in which anyone can say anything and waltz away without any consequences.

In the not too distant past the consequences was to get your ass kicked, but then we are too PC to do that anymore...lol

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

3. I would not become involved or react or respond because I have no control over folks that elect to go full retard and embarrass themselves. I would ask that my friends desist from any involvement as well.

A word to the wise...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think there is a difference between being anti pc and walking up to someone and offending them. When people get to the point that they put themselves and their country in danger because they are scared of offending a religious group that wants to kill them then that's just too pc for me. When we cant show a crime rate statistic that may show a certain race being at the top then that's too pc. When we cant state non offensive facts about a race at all in fear of being seen as prejudice then that too pc for me. I am generally a pc person, not an overly pc person but I have no problem calling a spade a spade. Religious people, certain races and all types get SO butthurt sometimes when facts are stated. I will say this, Southpark is not politically correct LOL.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

1 damn right they need firing. They're failing at their only reason for being in that shop.

2 I'd make sure they shut up.

3 I'd have probably knocked them out before my friends intervened.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Did someone say bush? I like bush. Not as in president bush though.

How's that for pc?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Political correctness is not the same as common decency, nor is free speech the same as bullying. Your questions are loaded, wrongly I might add, and you on are the first step to advocating the denial of rights that people have fought and died for.

Grow some thicker skin, use your words, and dish it back. Stick up for people who cannot in the same manner. If you fail at doing even that, then finally, run to your authorities, and beg like a sycophant to use force where you cannot use wit.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

first off, the most ridiculous hypothetical questions ive ever heard, second i see u are just trying to get stars.

but ill bite im bored.

1. i would say "f u" and go about my day

2. This hypothetical situation never happens, and if it did, there wouldn't be "hundreds" of people watching, maybe 10. Also i doubt the fat person got fat in one day and has no experience in this situation due to their life experience. Most likley the fat person walks away or kicks as$$. IF i walked in on this fake sceniro that never happens i would question the hecklers sanity and look him in the eyes, read his intentions and then do the same for the fat dude and then make a decision on wether i side with the fat dude/chick, or side the heckler, or just walk away.

3. Last time my brother came to defend me against 4 guys i used my words to stop us from going to jail. long story short 4 guys started stuff based on me asking to bum or buy a stogey, they started insulting, my brother gets ready to throw down. i let the 4 guys know that my brother has a violence problem and then let my brother know(in front of the 4 guys) that there is no reason to fight 4 pU$$ys, we weill obviously win and possibly go to jail on this night, We all walked away without a strike on the record nor swollen knuckles.

PC is a media based tactic that you are trying to perpetuate, give it up. it only hurts us

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This thread is aimed at those who are against political correctness, though others can join in if they like.

I'm going to post a few hypothetical scenarios and I'd like those who are "non-PC" to answer truthfully.

1. You walk into a store and ask for help, the employee looks you in the eye and says that he doesn't want to help someone like you, that you make him sick, etc. Would you agree with the employer to fire him, or would you defend his right to free speech and lobby for him to keep his job?

2. You are walking in the mall and notice someone walk up to an overweight person and start heckling them about their weight in front of hundreds of other people. Would you step in and defend the overweight person or would you defend the heckler because he has a right to say what he is saying and because he is being "non-PC"?

3. Someone you know but do not like very much comes up to you and starts insulting you in front of your friends. Your friends step in and try to defend you, do you stop them and defend the person who is talking smack about you because what they are saying is "non-PC"?

Please answer truthfully to these, I'm interested in what you answers will be. How "non-PC" are you truly? Are you only "non-PC" when it suits your agenda or when the comments aren't aimed at you or your demographic in particular?

1,2,and 3 all get this, this is the gift that keeps on giving
youtu.be...

edit on 27/1/2016 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join