It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's see just how "non-PC" you truly are

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This thread is aimed at those who are against political correctness, though others can join in if they like.

I'm going to post a few hypothetical scenarios and I'd like those who are "non-PC" to answer truthfully.

1. You walk into a store and ask for help, the employee looks you in the eye and says that he doesn't want to help someone like you, that you make him sick, etc. Would you agree with the employer to fire him, or would you defend his right to free speech and lobby for him to keep his job?

2. You are walking in the mall and notice someone walk up to an overweight person and start heckling them about their weight in front of hundreds of other people. Would you step in and defend the overweight person or would you defend the heckler because he has a right to say what he is saying and because he is being "non-PC"?

3. Someone you know but do not like very much comes up to you and starts insulting you in front of your friends. Your friends step in and try to defend you, do you stop them and defend the person who is talking smack about you because what they are saying is "non-PC"?

Please answer truthfully to these, I'm interested in what you answers will be. How "non-PC" are you truly? Are you only "non-PC" when it suits your agenda or when the comments aren't aimed at you or your demographic in particular?

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That's not non-PC examples, imo. That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

They are examples of people saying things that may offend others, so yes they are examples of non-PC speech.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1) I would not ask for help, why would I gave them the satisfaction of denying me help, I would rather bleed out in ditch

2) not my business I wouldn't care

3) let the fool speak, there will come the time to reap what he saw

Iam I pc bru?

Don't bother to awnser I don't care

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hypothetical scenario one:
He may have the right to free speech, and he has the right to refuse me service, just as his employer has the right to fire him. I wouldn't go out of my way to have the employee fired, but nor would I go out of my way to fight for him to keep his job. He was the one who chose to not perform his job because of his innate hatred toward a specific demographic of persons, if his employer sees fit to fire him for it, that is his bosses prerogative.

Hypothetical scenario two:
Again, the heckler has the right to free speech, but there is no need to be an asshole. To which I would politely explain to him.

Hypothetical scenario three:
This goes along with the previous scenario; yeah, the guy has the right to say what he wants, as long as it not infringing on my rights, or I don't feel as if I am being threatened, but again, there is no reason to be an asshole. To which I would let them know.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I will take the bait !!!

responses in RED

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

1. You walk into a store and ask for help, the employee looks you in the eye and says that he doesn't want to help someone like you, that you make him sick, etc. Would you agree with the employer to fire him, or would you defend his right to free speech and lobby for him to keep his job?
Not my personal business to take a side

2. You are walking in the mall and notice someone walk up to an overweight person and start heckling them about their weight in front of hundreds of other people. Would you step in and defend the overweight person or would you defend the heckler because he has a right to say what he is saying and because he is being "non-PC"?

3. Someone you know but do not like very much comes up to you and starts insulting you in front of your friends. Your friends step in and try to defend you, do you stop them and defend the person who is talking smack about you because what they are saying is "non-PC"?

Please answer truthfully to these, I'm interested in what you answers will be. How "non-PC" are you truly? Are you only "non-PC" when it suits your agenda or when the comments aren't aimed at you or your demographic in particular?

Now the Kindergarten questions have been answered. How 'bout some college level questions

Question for YOU .....

"" Are you a deer hunter or a lamb killer? ""

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

2 out of your 3 answers weren't really answering the question, more like beating around the bush.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nice job avoiding the issue! No star for you though.

If it's none of your business to take sides, why do you take sides in other scenarios that involve PC or non-PC speech?
edit on 1/26/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

1. An employer has the right to fire anyone under his employ for whatever reason he sees fit. That is a basic right of investment. He's the person who is investing and running all the risks, so of course I'd support him in firing ANY employee.

2. I'd walk on unless I knew the person being heckled and was on friendly terms with them. Otherwise, not my circus, not my monkeys. (and, for what it's worth, I'd support the free speech of the fat person if they decided to speak with their fists and slammed five across the heckler's eyes, too.)

3. LOL. Very, very few people have ever insulted me face-to-face. That's a dangerous game. On the web or otherwise, though? Who cares... even face-to-face, words are pretty meaningless, it would depend on the legitimate level of disrespect involved, entirely. I'd honestly tell my friends to zip it. Nothing to do with free speech, I'd just be looking for personal amusement at that point and would want to see just how eager to dance the gum flapper was.

None of these are very "non-PC" examples, friend. For #1, a better example of the reality of modern PC would be to ask if I would demand the employee was fired on the spot for their perceived slighting of me. #2, a better question would be "would you track down the person and slander them for being a bigot against fat people, call their place of employment, etc. #3 is entirely ridiculous... I've yet to see anyone suggest that physically confronting someone who is bad mouthing you is in any way a PC/non-PC issue. It's simply a personal dignity, pride, and respect thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didn't say anything about physically confronting the person talking smack to you, only whether you would be ok with him being "non-PC" (possibly offensive) toward you.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

1. It's up to the employer to fire him or not. It's not my call. But after laughing at the employee I'd tell him I don't care what he thinks of me, but he can either do his job or quit because I am going to purchase something there whether he likes it or not.

2. I would probably argue with the heckler about the validity of what he's saying. I wouldn't defend or attack either of them as it's not a personal issue that deals with me. But if their argument was invalid I would point it out. If it was valid I doubt I'd say anything at all. Although before I did anything I'd wait to see if the person would defend themselves first.

3. I wouldn't stop either of them from saying anything since I only control my own speech. Regardless of what my friend did I would defend myself and if he wanted to join in so be it.

(Then when nobody was looking I'd stab the little bastard that stepped to me like that and plant him like a tree far away from civilization. If my friend wants to help me then it would be nice because that's a lot of work having to dig a hole like that.)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider myself non-pc, I'm not into hurting or offending people. I do think PC mentality is taken to extremes, people like to take offense. I honestly believe some are offended because they want to be, not all, but many.

They just wanna play victim. A lot of what's being called-PC is really just people attacking someone who has a different opinion. I've actually seen PC folk verbally attack people, calling them scum and saying things like "you make me sick", which is kinda funny.

1. I think it would depend on the situation - help with what? Why would I assume some random shopkeeper should help me? Why would said shopkeeper not want to help and say I made them sick? I think going on the assumption that non-PC folk make PC folk feel sick isn't very PC.

1. I wouldn't get involved in such a situation, I'm not giving anyone grief about their body. Just don't whine about it...the thing is nowadays it seems everyone else must adapt to suit people with often self inflicted special needs. I don't care if an overweight person is incapable of standing up for themselves.

3. Things like this have happened to me before, I hold my own. My friends don't need to fight for me.

All 3 of these examples are from the perspective of someone who seems uttely helpless. I don't think I am, I don't need anyone to stand up for my bliefs nor anyone to validate them.

If I asked for help and was refused, it would depend on what I wanted help with, and on what grounds I was refused. ShouldI think it unfair then an argument would likely ensue, possibly a fight.

I don't abuse people...people who absue me get a response. I stand up for myself and don't cry about being called names. My feelings and sensibilities aren't as fragile as that.

I don't need my friends to speak for me.
edit on 26-1-2016 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2016 by HeathenJessie because: Kept saying non-PC instead of PC...PEE CEEE

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didn't say anything about physically confronting the person talking smack to you, only whether you would be ok with him being "non-PC" (possibly offensive) to you.

LOL. Yeah, I'm fine with it.
Nothing said is going to offend me.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well, I'm definitely not an Apple Mac.

edit on 26/1/2016 by chr0naut because: Autospell keeps changing my words! Aaaagh!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Would you help the fat one? What if the other man is actually the victim of something horrible, what if the fat man raped the other man 7y/o daughter and in his desperation the other man only thinks of verbally attacking the fat in the only way his despair allow him.

The problem of pc people is that they think that every problem is their problem without even knowing if it's a problem to begin with.

Not my problem, not my business, if a women is getting rape and there is no one else around that may be my problem, if the life of anyone is not at risk why would I intercede between 2 strangers, get real.

My life is my issue, it's not responsibility of anyone else and if they don't want to help me it's their thing, not under my control, I would only care if someone won't help me if it's their job to help me, a police a medic otherwise meh that's life

edit on 26-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

The three scenarios were from a non-PC perspective, as in a non-PC person being talked to in an offensive (non-PC) manner.

Say there is a non-PC Christian who supports Donald Trump in saying all Muslims should be screened before entering the country, would they be ok with Trump saying the same thing or something similar about Christians? This is the type of scenario I'm trying to present.

By the way, I'm neither PC or non-PC, I support someone's right to say whatever they want, but that doesn't mean I will agree with it or get pissed off about it either.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

This thread is aimed at those who are against political correctness, though others can join in if they like.

I'm going to post a few hypothetical scenarios and I'd like those who are "non-PC" to answer truthfully.

1. I would punch him in the face.

2. I would punch the heckler in the face.

3. I would punch the person heckling me in the face.

I guess I am not politically correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Nice job avoiding the issue! No star for you though.

If it's none of your business to take sides, why do you take sides in other scenarios that involve PC or non-PC speech?

When do I do THAT ?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Would you help the fat one? What if the other man is actually the victim of something horrible, what if the fat man raped the other man 7y/o daughter and his desperation the other man only thinks of verbally attacking the fat in the only way his despair allow him.

Damn. You really want to make a point with that example don't you??

The fat guy could have just stepped on the guys toe or something and it would still make sense.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

1. I would punch him in the face.

2. I would punch the heckler in the face.

3. I would punch the person heckling me in the face.

I guess I am not politically correct.

Or you're a boxer??? Who knows??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join