It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon-R Greg Walden stands up for Hammond’s, hammers federal overreach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

“How do you have faith in a government who doesn’t ever listen to you?”

Oregon Rep. Greg Walden, 2nd District, presented his frustrations to the U.S. House on Jan. 5, regarding blatant federal overreach and the mistreatment of ranchers in Harney County.

Walden said he doesn’t agree with “armed takeovers but points out that something is wrong if protesters are willing to die for their cause.

Walden said he personally knows the Hammond’s.

www.intellihub.com...

Please take 24 minuets and watch Oregon Rep. Greg Walden, speak out on C Span of the regarding blatant federal overreach and the mistreatment of ranchers in Harney County.

This is why the militia showed up. The militia are there to support the Hammond's and help make some changes working with local officials to come to a common ground under the law, that everyone can agree on.

There's defiantly a problem with the local bureaucrats not obeying the laws.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Well now it is even worse. One has died while they were arresting them. Breaking news on CNN

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I agree with Walden and the militia.

It is disheartening that so many on ATS of all places would side with the same federal government that they constantly rail against daily.

Now several have been arrested, and there is a thread up full of happy highfiving going on because the feds arrested them..... WTF?

Seriously?

People finally try to do something about this bs rogue government and so many are glad they are cracking down like jack booted thugs?

I couldn't be more ashamed honestly.

And tomorrow these same gleeful folks will once again be lamenting " why doesn't anyone do something about the put of control government? "

Because everyone who tries gets squashed to the gleeful cheers of people just like these ATSers....

edit on 26-1-2016 by Sargeras because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras
Its all mob mentality and government propaganda...what did you expect..............
I too, feel a fair amount of shame at the derisive demeaning comments....
ATS is just a slice....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nothing you say matters I hate people who stand up for their rights and assemble peacefully and get killed by the Feds.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This isn't the same ATS it was five years ago.

Everyone cheering on the federal government like a bunch of sheep in a community of what's suppose to be articulate and intelligence thinkers.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It is disheartening that so many on ATS of all places would side with the same federal government that they constantly rail against daily.

Now several have been arrested, and there is a thread up full of happy highfiving going on because the feds arrested them..... WTF?

Seriously?

I agree. I am staring to believe that some of those poster have no idea why the militia are in Harney County and what their purpose is.

My G-d we are human beings and the idea of some of these posters on ATS wanting blood is really disturbing to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Everyone cheering on the federal government like a bunch of sheep in a community of what's suppose to be articulate and intelligence thinkers.

I agree.

ATS has changed, the mindset is very different than what it was 5 years ago. Perhaps it is all the propaganda media some are watching.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Apparently it's over in Oregon.
www.oathkeepers.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Its all mob mentality and government propaganda...what did you expect..............
I too, feel a fair amount of shame at the derisive demeaning comments....
ATS is just a slice....

Well, you aren't wrong

At least a beer can't hurt the situation, might as well have a few and watch the show.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Nothing you say matters I hate people who stand up for their rights and assemble peacefully and get killed by the Feds.

I know, right.

I guess this new generation of folks are taught not to question our government and perhaps taught you have no rights, or rights to stand up for yourself to corrupt government.

But I am clearly seeing a big problem with the mindset of some of these ill informed posters who are salivating for blood.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Seriously?

I agree. I am staring to believe that some of those poster have no idea why the militia are in Harney County and what their purpose is.

My G-d we are human beings and the idea of some of these posters on ATS wanting blood is really disturbing to me.

I didn't comment or read past the first page..... It was unbelievable how happy they all were.... Sad really.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

I know, right.

I guess this new generation of folks are taught not to question our government and perhaps taught you have no rights, or rights to stand up for yourself to corrupt government.

But I am clearly seeing a big problem with the mindset of some of these ill informed posters who are salivating for blood.

Well at least a few of us are still here for now.

Pretty soon ATS will be just another government mouthpiece echo chamber.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What I find equally disturbing is that somehow, blindly jumping to "conspiracy!" and "false flag!" has apparently become the standard on ATS that some members measure "articulate and intelligence thinking" by.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We both know for sure that there are agents trying to sway public opinion on this site.

No idea who they are or what they post but you know it like I do.

That's why after I present a position in a debate I stop. Anyone who can think will be able to decide for themselves with the correct information which position to take.

Those are the people I want in my corner.

edit on 1/26/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

And we both know for sure that there are those posting on this site who equate any sort of disagreement with their idea as being a shill.

Are there shills here? Sure. But I think it's pretty ignorant to dismiss anybody and everybody who doesn't jump on the bandwagon of the Oregon militia as less intelligent. Doesn't mean they love everything about the government, just means they don't agree with the militia.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
While I wouldnt say that I am all for the gov't, I am not exactly on the side of the militia on this either. Mainly because I don't understand all their issues.

One thing that bothers me is hearing they are taking down fences to give federal land to ranchers. My somewhat ignorant opinion on this is "why the ranchers? why not give it to me?" If it is because the ranchers have been paying grazing fees for years, maybe they could come tell my landlord to bugger off, The house is mine now? Maybe a bad comparison???

And of these ranchers that they want to give the land too, how much land do they already own? what is their yearly income?
hundreds of thousands of dollars and 10's of thousands of acres?

How much of that land they own do they have open and offer to the public to use for free? or is it all fenced in and posted no trespassing?

Where are these good guy militia when the BLM is illegally rounding up wild horses to make more land for cattle?

I don't have much time to look into these things, I have from 3-4 am before work and from around 7:30 til 10 pm after work before bed. I haven't heard any of their issues discussed on NPR ( my main news source on my 2 1/2 hour drive to and from work)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

THIS! I'm not pro-government, i'm just anti-Bundy. I'm not happy someone died for their cause, i'm upset because someone died for the Bundy's cause. Which, to me, is to try to take public land and distribute it in SOME way that isn't exactly clear, but sounds supiciously like "to the people who I like and are like me." He wants to do with ALL government land what his family did with his grazing land; use resources without paying any dues.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Rep Walden knows. He was actually told by the BLM that he was wrong about a law... a law that Rep Walden wrote... a law that Rep Walden knows exactly what was intended and legislated.

See, the bureaucracy wants to interpret the laws we write in ways they want, and in this case they were wrong, not once, but twice. Then, a couple of years ago, I learned that, despite the fact we created the first cow-free wilderness in the United States under this law, and said clearly in this law that it would be the responsibility of the government to put up fencing to keep the cows out, as part of the agreement, the Bureau of Land Management said: No, we are not going to follow that law. And they told the ranchers they had to build the fence.

I wrote a thread not long ago about the rogue government agencies, and congressional hearings on the matter. There's more information here:

Threats, Intimidation and Bullying by Federal Land Managing Agencies

I have far more respect for those "Davids" taking on Goliath than I do for those who will condemn the protesters -- even to the point of wishing for loss of life and limb!!! -- but knowingly and deliberately turn a blind eye to the crimes of the feds which they are protesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

What I find equally disturbing is that somehow, blindly jumping to "conspiracy!" and "false flag!" has apparently become the standard on ATS that some members measure "articulate and intelligence thinking" by.

I don't have to jump to any conclusions. No one does. Congressional hearings have been held, lawsuits have been fought, articles have been written, interviews have been conducted... the bad behavior of the BLM and other federal agencies is well known and well documented.

It's easy bullying and abusing the rights of the little guy when hiding behind a gun and a badge under color of law. Those are the bullies, and therefore cowards. And I'm being nice.

new topics

top topics

join