It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: onequestion

The Bundy clan went about it the wrong way though dude.

All they've accomplished is taking public scrutiny away from the BLM and putting it on the Bundy Militia.

Cliven Bundy is also an idiot... if he didn't agree with paying to graze federal property, then he shouldn't have used it for profit in the first place.

I have to disagree with you there.

I had no idea about any BLM in the West. I live on the East Coast. I knew nothing about any sort of federal bullying people off their land. Now, I grew up in a farming community, and I understand clearing land by fire - so I dug a little bit into the Hammonds when the news first broke that they were re-sentenced. If it was not for Bundy, I would have lived the rest of my life not ever knowing anything about this situation. I, like everyone else, thought they were just a bunch of stupid rednecks thinking they could overthrow the "evil gubmit". I waited all month wondering when they were going to get arrested, and was surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Then, the former Fire Chief came out with a little speech about how he witnessed two undercover FBI agents posing as members of the militia, and how they were harassing people in his town. that was when the situation got my undivided attention. They infiltrated and targeted Finicum for execution.

My government did this - and I am F#### livid.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Look the government and its corporate sponsors would never do anything to hurt you.

Everyone thinks the government is this benevolent force that jus so happens to be waging war all over the world and on its own citizens.

It's also not almost totally controlled by the banking empire and the other empires of the elite.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Everyone thinks the government is this benevolent force

Strawman argument. You don't believe that. I certainly don't believe that. Nor do I believe that everything the government does is evil.

edit on 1/30/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

But now two of Cliven bundy's sons are going to do few years in prison, because he indoctrinated them into believing they had a right to profit by taking what wasn't theirs to begin with.

Well Cliven just sits back and collects the profits.

There's no knowable cause going on here mate... just a father who greedily indoctrinated his offspring into a religious extremism and convinced them to take the fall for him, so he could make a larger profit from his cattle.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No but there is corruption and it's rampant in the US.

It's not outside of the realm of possibility that these corporations would spend money lobbying politicians to influence the actions of the BLM and other land management agencies for access.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm going to have to flat out disagree with that assessment as the likely hood of Clicen Bundy sacrificing the lives of his kids for a few pennies is really really low.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It's not outside of the realm of possibility that these corporations would spend money lobbying politicians to influence the actions of the BLM and other land management agencies for access.

So what? The BLM gave the Bundys and the Hammonds access. They abused that access.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that Bundy was taking full advantage of the system until he didn't like the terms which were originally agreed to. You know, a contract?

What's your point? That Bundy didn't use the Hammonds to promote his own agenda?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The point is I'm not denying that as a possibility.

Where we differ is in probability and likely outcome.

They may very well have used the Hammonds.

Hey maybe a little bit of both?

edit on 1/30/16 by Hefficide because: Edited to fix broken BB tag

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The point is I'm not denying that as a possibility.

The point is, I'm not either.

The point is, the Bundys abused the system as much as anyone. More so. They reneged on their contract.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

So the BLM is just as guilty as the Bundys?

Even if that were true I don't think that's a good enough reason to shoot that guy at the end unless of course he had his hand on his pistol....
edit on 1/30/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
No.
The Bundys are just as "guilty" as any other entity which contracts with the BLM.

Even if that were true I don't think that's a good enough reason to shoot that guy at the end unless of course he had his hand on his pistol....
No. Shooting someone who is known to go armed and reaches downward is very good reason to shoot.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Ummm hmmm.

Does that justify BLM land grabs?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I thought you said you didn't claim that BLM steals land.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

No. Shooting someone who is known to go armed and reaches downward is very good reason to shoot

Don't patronize me.

No seriously I just said UNLESS...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Quote where I said they steal land.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You said unless he had his hand on a pistol.
I said reaching is sufficient, under the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Are you following me?

I don't like losing either.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

No. I'm answering you.

Too many "details?"

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Yes too many details.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So no ground audio vid released yet?
They're probably doing some heavy audio editing of the shots fired before Finicum tries to defend himself....

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join