It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

After he was far enough away, that is when he reached for his weapon, or feigned to, so they would be forced to shoot him. He knew what he was doing.
Thats subjective, without audio we can't hear any thing anyone shouted or when shots initially were fired.

Convenient that. If they were so just in shooting him, where is the multiple dash cam and agent cam angles, with audio?

What if they asked him to reach?

Why did he come out with hands raised? He knew there were twenty guns on him. He knew he couldn't win.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Remember, this guy said he'd never be taken alive.

What people say to cameras has nothing to do with how they may behave under extreme duress. Two different things.

In court: "Well he said he'd never be taken alive, so we shot him."

"Objection".

"Sustained, stricken from record."

Lets hear the audio, What he said in the past or here is irrelevant. He didn't pull a gun and he didn't fire any shots. Form those ranges they could have used a dog, bean bags or tased him. As is they 'rushed him', probably everyone was shouting. Those agents forced the issue. Classic maneuver, the closer they got the more danger they were in so, bang…

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Remember, this guy said he'd never be taken alive.

What people say to cameras has nothing to do with how they may behave under extreme duress. Two different things.

In court: "Well he said he'd never be taken alive, so we shot him."

"Objection".

"Sustained, stricken from record."

Lets hear the audio, What he said in the past or here is irrelevant. He didn't pull a gun and he didn't fire any shots. Form those ranges they could have used a dog, bean bags or tased him. As is they 'rushed him', probably everyone was shouting. Those agents forced the issue. Classic maneuver, the closer they got the more danger they were in so, bang…

They could have also offered him coffee and a donut. Did you see a dog? Do you think that that second roadblock was just in case these idiots ran the other stop and took off? One idiot did and got caught. Do you think he was a little annoyed when he realized he wasn't going to make a Dukes of Hazzard escape? Do you think the LEOs at the stop said "Don't worry about surrendering quietly and following our instructions so no one gets shot. Just do what you want; hop out of the stolen truck, run around screaming, and charge the nearest officer while reaching for something under your coat?" The agents forced nothing. LaVoy did all of that himself. Classic 'suicide by cop' maneuver. You can try to paint this anyway you want with conspiracies, false flags, evil government and the usual delusional stuff but you don't have much weasel room. The fault was entirely with the Bundites and LaVoy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That was a poor felony stop, they had all that time to prepare and they re the best, right? So why they have to riddle people and the vehicle with bullets?

end of line

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That was a poor felony stop, they had all that time to prepare and they re the best, right? So why they have to riddle people and the vehicle with bullets?

end of line

After all these posts, now you are complaining about the quality of the stop? Can you explain what the good felony stop would have looked like? Maybe a table with a pot of tea and beef jerky scones sitting beside the road. Knowing that the genteel, sophisticated felon can't resist a good pot of tea and would immediately stop for a snack?
Note that there were no injuries among those who didn't resist. Note that the vehicle may have been shot up to stop it but no one in it was hit. Note that LaVoy was clipped because he wanted to go out with a bang [or two].
Bottom line: Good stop. Minimal casualties. No collateral injuries. No gripes.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
one day we're all going to be eating beef that is as controlled as bread was way back when...and so we will want beef and left wanting beef, and given cake instead?

somebody who claims to be everyone's uncle wants to hoard all the resources that sustains us, he wants to hoard them to himself----we're not included when it comes to sustenance.

it's always dimes and nickels and who controls the marketplace, not feeding people...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This whole debate was disturbing

I stopped posting in thread after watching the video. I knew only the fanatics that will see only what they want to see would keep screaming bloody murder and accusing everyone that thinks differently to them as bloodthirsty traitors.

It was actually kinda sickening to read all the accusations of being heartless cold blooded killers, simply for having a different opinion or simply saying you'll wait to form an opinion after footage was released.
According to a few here, We are either patriotic and awesome for the "cause" or we are bloodthirsty murderers, nice to know we were given no wiggle room in between...

You are more patient than me.

edit on 29-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

So you're one of those police state actors?

Could you explain to me why they didn't resolve the whole situation with a crisis prevention team beforehand, talking them into a compromise or something? The fed's were welcome on the compound, were they not?

Weeks of occupation and all they were able to come up with was a fricken road block in a curvy part of the road, putting their and other lifes in danger. At least one guy knew about the mess he was in, that's probably why he jumped in front of the car.

Do you really think they did a great job here? I see utter failure written all over it. And then there is this hardly edited video without sound. I've got the feeling there is something to hide and that this operation could spark a violent uprising if we could hear them firing the shots.
Not good, not at all. So please spare me your offended whining and stay on topic, will ya? It's not about LEOs in general, but rather about a messed up operation which could've been solved weeks ago. You know that, don't you?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
Failure? They arrested most of the protesters and have been slowly arresting more protesters as they leave the compound. They got the people who were in charge with minimal casualties.

Why do these people deserve a compromise talking things out after illegally occupying a nature preserve and constantly threatening to hold their position to the death? People who break the law for far less don't get that courtesy. In my opinion, the authorities gave them WAY more leniency than they ever deserved.

To me this operation looks like a stellar success. The bad guys are behind bars. Case closed.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

This whole debate was disgusting and disturbing

i stopped posting in thread after watching the video. I knew only the fanatics that will see only what they want to see would keep screaming bloody murder and accusing everyone that thinks differently to them as bloodthirsty traitors.

It was actually kinda sickening to read all the accusations of being heartless cold blooded killers, simply for having a different opinion or simply saying you'll wait to form an opinion after footage was released.
According to a few here, We are either patriotic and awesome for the "cause" or we are bloodthirsty murderers, nice to know we were given no wiggle room in between...

You are more patient than me.

Many who have made up their minds to see what they want to see tend to post without regard to the evidence or lack of same. The contortions that they go through to support their beliefs often defy reason and border on the ludicrous. Release of the video saved many bytes of conspiracy and showed that the evil LEOs didn't assassinate LaVoy while he was on his knees surrendering. I was reasonably sure that the events occurred as stated by the spokesperson[s]. The Sheriff was also visibly distraught during the news conference when he reported the shooting. No one had any reason to shoot the ill-prepared occupiers and only wanted them to go to court. This is a win for law enforcement, so far, as four occupiers are still holding out. They demand to be allowed to leave without criminal charges; kind of a "do over" for a failed attempt. I predict a siege that will last another week before they give up. Hopefully, they won't do anything stupid [anything ELSE stupid] in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh well suppose being called that is better than being called a blood thirsty cold blooded killer-traitor like we have been throughout the thread for simply not being Bundy supporters.

Could you explain to me why they didn't resolve the whole situation with a crisis prevention team beforehand,

Could you explain to me why you would think I am here to explain such a nonsense question to you? This was a real time thread, not a retrospective hindsight discussion on how it should have been solved.

Do you really think they did a great job here?

If you can find where I even mentioned an opinion on if a good job was done, you are welcome to read it.

stay on topic

If you could explain how discussing peoples differing opinions on the Oregon situation is off topic, I'm all ears.

It's not about LEOs in general, but rather about a messed up operation which could've been solved weeks ago. You know that, don't you?
Umm have you even read this thread? Again, it was a real time discussion of the arrests.

edit on 29-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Could you explain to me why they didn't resolve the whole situation with a crisis prevention team beforehand, talking them into a compromise or something? The fed's were welcome on the compound, were they not?

Weeks of occupation and all they were able to come up with was a fricken road block in a curvy part of the road, putting their and other lifes in danger. At least one guy knew about the mess he was in, that's probably why he jumped in front of the car.

Do you really think they did a great job here? I see utter failure written all over it. And then there is this hardly edited video without sound. I've got the feeling there is something to hide and that this operation could spark a violent uprising if we could hear them firing the shots.
Not good, not at all. So please spare me your offended whining and stay on topic, will ya? It's not about LEOs in general, but rather about a messed up operation which could've been solved weeks ago. You know that, don't you?

Obviously, you are a connoisseur of such operations and in your backseat driving position are now trying to second guess those with more info and far more experience than you.
Before the Bundites occupied the Center, they were doing what the Constitution guarantees. It is not illegal to protest and march around with signs and there was no crisis to prevent. After they occupied the Center, they weren't listening. Since you know better than anyone on the ground in Oregon, when would you have sent in the 'crisis prevention team' and what or how would you have negotiated to solve it 'weeks ago?'

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We both know where this militarized police state is heading to. With that in mind, it's good to have somebody like you there as well.

Could you explain to me why you would think I am here to explain such a nonsense question to you?

This incident was the final shot after weeks of occupation. You don't think the whole situation could've been resolved weeks ago? Why? Here in Europe we quite often use crisis prevention teams to de-escalate things. It wasn't possible to set up something comparable within weeks of occupation?

Besides from that we obviously agree on many things, thanks for your reply! Much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

This was a real time thread discussing the arrest and the shooting as they unfolded, not a retrospective hindsight discussion on how it should have been solved.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Except one guy was executed after leaving his truck. Which could indeed spark a violent uprising, you think people will roll over and simply forget about it?

Occupying a federal building somewhere in the snow deserves a death sentance when you bring weapons and cite the constitution? Kinda reminds me of the eastern Ukraine and Kiew's anti terror operation for the excact same reasons.

Welcome to the Ukrainian States of America! Just saying, we obviously agree to disagree here.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Except one guy was executed after leaving his truck. Which could indeed spark a violent uprising, you think people will roll over and simply forget about it?

Occupying a federal building somewhere in the snow deserves a death sentance when you bring weapons and cite the constitution? Kinda reminds me of the eastern Ukraine and Kiew's anti terror operation for the excact same reasons.

Welcome to the Ukrainian States of America! Just saying, we obviously agree to disagree here.

In Ukraine (or Russia for that matter). The occupants of that truck would not have survived that encounter..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

One guy chose not to surrender and let his case be heard in court. One guy chose to advance on a law officer while reaching for a weapon. All the while at a federal building somewhere in the snow occupied by the Bundites, nothing happened. When they were stopped, all surrendered and no one died....except one who apparently wanted to be a martyr.

Welcome to reality!
edit on 1/29/2016 by pteridine because: syntax

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No, he was shot for resisting arrest. Calling it an execution is jumping to conclusions in lieu of evidence.

Of course not. The only person dead was shot for resisting arrest. No one has been killed for occupying a federal building somewhere in the snow. The rest of the protesters, including the two Bundy brothers are still alive.

More like you are being hyperbolic and dishonest with your assessment of the situation.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You don't think the whole situation could've been resolved weeks ago?

It could have been resolved weeks ago if the people illegally occupying government property had just gone home.

But that did not suit the fantasy world they had created for themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

How about an investigation into the BLMs acquisitioning of property which they in turn use to generate a profit from by contracting mining and drilling rights out to big mining and drilling companies?

Oh wait you just want to see these criminals put in jail!

Words can't even explain...

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join