It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
he narrowly misses the LEOs in the roadblock

Looks like he hit an LEO at 9:16 - 9:17 of the video. If I'm not mistaken, the guy gets back to his feet right about 9:30.

If that was an event, the restraint of totally wiping out the threat is to be commended.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nataylor
Oh ya! Well that's good to know.

Because Oregon is literally hours away from me by drive I can reach the border in a few hours driving, and I could have sworn I seen something about this story even back as the 26th. But you know, time difference and all with them oregonians being so far away and such.

Its good that they go by UTC from whatever they filmed it, probably a helicopter or something, though I don't see what would be the point of mounting cameras that are 8 hours ahead of prescribed time zones your flying in, unless they brought it in form some other state, or who knows.

But whatever you know, its good to see this thing over and done with. I may even wait patiently for the next installment of this whole thing.

But anyways cool stuff dude. I knew somebody would respond to my little post about the stamps and dates with an explanation.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Most, if not all, aviation time references are in "Zulu" (or UTC) tme.

It's very common.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The witness said LaVoy got out of the vehicle and walked with his hands up, which he did.

That part sounded like the truth.

Can't see all of the shots.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The girl also said about 120 shots were fired, it looks like that wasn't the case at all. Can see why she would think he was on his knees out of anxiety form the moment but 120 shots? Thats kind of inventive.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blujack21
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The girl also said about 120 shots were fired, it looks like that wasn't the case at all. Can see why she would think he was on his knees out of anxiety form the moment but 120 shots? Thats kind of inventive.

On full automatic 120 shots is only 4 magazines.

Or 12 shots from 10 shooters.

Since the police couldn't see everything inside the car, and shots prevent motion, 120 sounds like a real number.

Maybe more than that.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Victoria Sharp sounded truthful on her YouTube.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Her story matches the video

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
He resisted arrest.

He fled the scene.

He assaulted a LEO with a deadly weapon (the vehicle).

He left his vehicle.

He did not obey commands.

He positioned himself in clear sight of all officers.

He tried to pull a weapon (or tried to appear that he was).

He died as his statements say he intended to do from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Awesome. Who needs a polygraph anymore?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Awesome. Who needs a polygraph anymore?

Polygraphs are not 100%

One size fits all never is.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

You referenced it as the unvarnished truth.

Well, she was there, for one. Were you?. Oh… For two, I didn't hear any one doing the shooting make a single statement, did you? Oj yah, just the Federal department of public relations, thats the most varnished department there is, you believe what the gubment tells you through the press do you? The will always say they were justified in shooting down someone in a traffic stop.

Shows a), they weren't trained well enough to handle the simplest police job there is, or b) they intended to kill him.

I'm favoring b, because the government is killing lots of what you call them, "Whack jobs" these days, good thing you're not in charge.

Keep the dead or alive mantra turning in your head, its good tyrannical thinking.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Edit: Okay, watched it. People are quick to point out the guy 'reached' for something, they say a firearm. Without an audio track thats inconclusive.

Who are you? Got ID? (Reaches… bang)

I'm armed. Where? (lifts coat flap, bang)

If he intended to shoot, why didn't he come out of the drivers seat with the gun already pulled? Makes no sense to go hands up and then try and reach for a firearm when theres twenty pointed at you. You won't win.

That means he was reaching for his firearm after the first shot was fired and he became convinced that he was going to have to die or try and defend himself.

Lets see the dash or helmet cam footage and hear the audio. Why didn't they release that? If they were justified, why not remove all doubt and show the scene from the multiple cameras plus audio from at the scene, ground level?

edit on 29-1-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You referenced it as the unvarnished truth.

Well, she was there, for one. Were you?. Oh… For two, I didn't hear any one doing the shooting make a single statement, did you? Oj yah, just the Federal department of public relations, thats the most varnished department there is, you believe what the gubment tells you through the press do you? The will always say they were justified in shooting down someone in a traffic stop.

Shows a), they weren't trained well enough to handle the simplest police job there is, or b) they intended to kill him.

I'm favoring b, because the government is killing lots of what you call them, "Whack jobs" these days, good thing you're not in charge.

Keep the dead or alive mantra turning in your head, its good tyrannical thinking.

They handled it just fine and showed great restraint until LaVoy forced the issue and got his wish. Look at the video. Of course everything is a false flag, made in the same studio used to fake the moon landings and hide the death-ray from space on 9/11.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Theres video…??!

Do try to keep up.....

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Theres video…??!

Do try to keep up…..

The only shots fired came from the Feds.

They pressured him into defending himself, from the initial stop, to where he died.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Of course everything is a false flag, made in the same studio used to fake the moon landings and hide the death-ray from space on 9/11.

Try and stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here's a stabilized/sharpened version of the shooting I made. It runs at 50% speed:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
Here's a stabilized/sharpened version of the shooting I made. It runs at 50% speed:

Thanks for that video.

Victoria Sharp stated he was yelling at them to shoot him after he exited the truck. She may not have been able to see everything because she was down on the floor but she could hear.

I still say he had his hands up after he exited the truck because he didn't want anyone to shoot while he was still close to the vehicle. He didn't want anyone else to be shot. After he was far enough away, that is when he reached for his weapon, or feigned to, so they would be forced to shoot him. He knew what he was doing.

After he is out of his truck, it appears he even had presence enough of mind to close the door; either that or the door closed by itself because of the angle of the truck. Not a major detail but I wonder.
edit on 29-1-2016 by tweetie because: correction

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Edit: Okay, watched it. People are quick to point out the guy 'reached' for something, they say a firearm. Without an audio track thats inconclusive.

Who are you? Got ID? (Reaches… bang)

I'm armed. Where? (lifts coat flap, bang)

If he intended to shoot, why didn't he come out of the drivers seat with the gun already pulled? Makes no sense to go hands up and then try and reach for a firearm when theres twenty pointed at you. You won't win.

That means he was reaching for his firearm after the first shot was fired and he became convinced that he was going to have to die or try and defend himself.

Lets see the dash or helmet cam footage and hear the audio. Why didn't they release that? If they were justified, why not remove all doubt and show the scene from the multiple cameras plus audio from at the scene, ground level?

Remember, this guy said he'd never be taken alive. The rest of the crew made no such statements and surrendered meekly. They are still alive. If you want to know why he came out without a drawn gun, you'll have to ask him. He wanted to be made a martyr and gave it a good try. After seeing the clip of the clip, he is obviously out of control and doesn't like being cornered. He is facing the thing he said he'd never face; jail time. He wants to control things and is running in circles frustrated that he can't escape and that he and his pals have been outwitted. He makes a threatening move and is on his way to his maker. It may have seemed like a good idea to him at the time in his desperation to escape. Maybe he believed his own exalted view of his capabilities. Many of these guys watch too many movies and think that they are super commandos and can out shoot the opposition. In my opinion, most of these heroes couldn't find their butts with both hands if they were on fire.
Bottom line: The evidence is that he made a snap decision and got what he wanted. The LEO's responded appropriately and showed restraint. There was no planned assassination of LaVoy. If you think about it, the Feds really didn't want him as a possible martyr; they'd much rather show him shackled in an orange suit eating humble pie. He is just another nobody Bundite who played tough guy and couldn't live up to his billing if he surrendered.

edit on 1/29/2016 by pteridine because: syntax fix

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join