It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

They seem to be getting used to that...covering WHY they were armed,not to intimidate.
Hopliphobic escapism.
They saw a bad law and wanted to make THEIR statement ,just because they weren't carrying pickets or actively LOOTING because of skin,doesn't make them wrong either.

edit on 28-1-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

By the by, a general observation ... have you noticed that inside of every revolutionary is a frustrated policeman trying to get out?

Post of the year so far!

It's like the Trump supporters who call Obama a monomaniacal, uncompromising tyrant.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: pteridine

Your claim is one story from one person who was in the Bundy group.

Its her claim, not mine. Sooner believe that than some press release from official statements made by the FBI department , none of which were there.

You referenced it as the unvarnished truth. How do you know who was there or wasn't there? It seems that you have already reached a predetermined conclusion that confirms your fears and fantasies. LaVoy said he wouldn't be taken alive and he wasn't. He was a whack job from Colorado City living in his own reality. Do you think he suddenly changed his mind? The fact that he ended up dead is on him, alone, and his martyrdom to a questionable cause is a waste. He arrived defending the constitution of Bundy, occupied Federal facilities, threatened people, refused surrender, and got himself clipped. Fortunately, the old fool didn't cause the death of anyone else.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just to remember real quickly what this was started as, what its intent was a few quick facts:

heavy.com... photos-facebook-video-hammonds-militia/

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No problem whatsoever, I love to link and read.

The term militia in the United States has been defined and modified by Congress several times throughout U.S. history. As a result, the meaning of "the militia" is complex and has transformed over time.[1] It has historically been used to describe all able-bodied men who are not members of the Army or Navy (Uniformed Services). From the U.S. Constitution, Article II (The Executive branch), Sec. 2, Clause 1: "The President shall be the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States when called into the actual service of the United States."

Today, the term militia is used to describe a number of groups within the United States. Primarily, these are:

The organized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903, which repealed section two hundred thirty-two and sections 1625 - 1660 of title sixteen of the Revised Statutes, consists of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.[2] The National Guard, however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force, although the two are linked.
The reserve militia[3] are part of the unorganized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903 as consisting of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who is not a member of the National Guard or Naval Militia.
Former members of the armed forces are also considered part of the "unorganized militia" per Sec 313 Title 32 of the US Code.[2]

I think we have 2 different opinions of what a Militia is comprised of.

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So how do you believe change will occur in this country. I mean change for the better.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Curious, which of these statements do you most closely resonate with?

www.darkgovernment.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, now, truth to tell, sure prayer could be thought of as "talking to God" ... but these guys believe that GOD TALKS BACK!

Bundy even said that God inspired him to resist and “disarm” federal agents, arguing that failing to do so would result in civil war.

So the only real "gun grabbers" in this scenario are the Bundys/Bundites, LOL

“I have no idea what God wants done, but he did inspire me to have the sheriffs across the United States take away these weapons, disarm these bureaucracies, and he also gave me a little inspiration on what would happen if they didn’t do that,” Bundy said while speaking on the radio program KUER later that year. “It was indicated that ‘this is our chance, America, to straighten this problem up. If we don’t solve this problem this way, we will face these same guns in a civil war.'”

So, God wants Cliven and Ammon to set up little satraps across the county. Hmmm... that's not what God told Ted Cruz ...

Bundy’s family reportedly fasted and prayed for the “spirit of their forefathers to be with them” during the 2014 incident, and Bundy’s son, Ammon Bundy, articulated a similar vision to explain his involvement in the recent takeover in Oregon. In a video posted on January 1, Ammon — whose name is the same as a famous figure from the Book of Mormon — explained that it was God who called him to leave his home and campaign on behalf of the Hammond family in Oregon.

“I clearly understood that the Lord was not pleased with what was happening to the Hammonds,” Ammon said in between various references to prayer. He also reflected on God guiding him through the process: “It was exactly like it was happening at the Bundy ranch, when we were guided and directed as to what we were supposed to do…[Our plan is] wisdom in the Lord…And I ask you now to come participate in this wonderful thing in Harney County that the Lord is about to accomplish.”

The Bundy Family's Odd Mormon Connection Explained - ThinkProgress.org

Emphasis mine.

Boadicea ... talking to God is prayer. God talking back is schizophrenia.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

THATS ridiculous,he's FAR too incompetent to create such a power.
He just thinks outside the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Perhaps, but the difference is that my definition follows the laws of the United States and the State of Oregon.

Yours is apparently founded on your own personal interpretation of Wikipedia.

These folks who call themselves "militias" are at best politically-oriented gun clubs that have zero legal standing in law enforcement, jurisprudence, or right to act as a military unit.

And when they act inimically to the laws of the United States, et. al., or claim to wish to overthrow the elected government of same by armed force ... there's a different word that applies:

Treason.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

HEAR these men being told they'd need to sign a 'talent release'

allnewspipeline.com...

If this is true, then this militia standoff was a False Flag.

At this point I don't know what to believe, it is odd that the FBI let everyone go home.

I have to believe at this point if nothing else comes out of all this mess, then we all have been hoodwinked. My question is why?

What was the purpose for all this?
edit on 28-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe55

Let me chime in here.

Violence gives any police-state a reason to crush this change for the better, thus it would only get worse.

Civil disobedience and peaceful protest are the only thing our Brave New World can't cope with. And they're scared as hell when we resort to those tactics, just look at France. They jailed up climate-protesters and cancelled demonstrations in fear for their activities during the climate conference in Paris. Yes, they ought to catch terrorists instead. And now look what they've done, how friggin cute is that?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I know we had words this morning, and we certainly don't agree on much ... but I mean this in complete sympathy with your confusion:

Welcome to the other side of the Looking-Glass, Alice.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

If this is true, then this militia standoff was a False Flag.

What was the purpose for all this?

DingDingDing

A smear campaign on guns in general and on militias.

Obama has a very clever "shadow staff" working.

All the hype is MSM generated.

Nothing is actually genuine.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, now, truth to tell, sure prayer could be thought of as "talking to God" ... but these guys believe that GOD TALKS BACK!

Okay. 'Nuff said. Except thank you for the laugh. I couldn't help it -- and I needed that!

However, if I disappear from ATS, it's probably because God struck me dead for my absence of faith... and then I'll blame you!!!

The Bundy Family's Odd Mormon Connection Explained - ThinkProgress.org

Thank you for the link. I have wondered about his Mormon faith and the White Horse prophecy (I think that's what it's called). I'll have to read it later though. I've already spent far too much time on this today and gotten very little done... hubby will be home soon and I need to get on the ball!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
I came across a few photos of where the car went into the snow bank, you can see the tracks, which are mixed in with a whole bunch of other pictures related to this story. There's 79 photos right now and only a few are of where the shoot-out occurred. There's a lot of broken glass in the road and as well as some stains. I went through all 79 images. More may be added at some point.

Pictures

Someone at, "The Oregonian," segregated the pictures of the section of road where LeVoy was shot and killed from the rest of the pictures I posted a link to earlier and added more.

More pictures

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wait ... is Obama an incompetent, weak-willed clod, utterly unqualified to be POTUS ... or is he one of the all-powerful masters of the Illuminati and the Shadow Government???

You're very confusing, Xuench ...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OK I have composed myself after watching the video.

Talent release forms can be used for different reasons. In this instance it may be a journalistic talent release form, where you ask your 'talent' to sign to say “I give ____ permission to air this interview” . Sounds like the Bundites had no idea what a TRF is when asked, and Id like to know who did the asking?
It may be to air get permission to air footage. It isn't a confidentiality agreement on non disclosure which you would have someone sign if you wanted them to NOT discuss anything that transpired on film or audio recording.
Rather this document is to PERMIT recording to be released.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Agent provocateurs, Operation Gladio anyone?

A violent uprising is what the Nanny State needs to ban weapons and install the next stage of total security. Master the Human Terrain with controlled and violent opposition...

Stay vigilant!

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join