It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Did I hear this right - they were on their way back after an out-of-state radio interview? These idiots were living a fantasy. One of them was driving around in a government vehicle stolen from the refuge.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Is the deceased militia or LEO?

Any more details on who fired first?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Militia members we have seen are visibly angry. One claimed, “Now you’re going to see the Pacific Patriot Network mobilized.”

Everyone from police to elected officials to militia members who has talked to The Raw Story over the last week said they didn’t want this end in bloodshed. We don’t have any confirmation if anyone was shot. It’s rumors right now.

But even if there hasn’t been violence, bloodshed seems more a lot more likely now with scores if not hundreds of armed militia members in and around Burns, Oregon.

Lets wait until all the information come out before we state attacking the militia and the name calling.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The Raw Story’s Arun Gupta was on his way to cover the community meeting when he was told the road was closed due to a crash — and law enforcement officers told him alternate routes might take hours to reach the meeting in Grant County.

Gupta soon learned rumors of what happened — here’s his account from Harney County:

We were right there, where Ammon Bundy was allegedly shoot tonight, at approximately 5 p.m., on Highway 395.

But we didn’t know it.

We were climbing the mountain and saw police lights ahead. There were at least two police cars, a car across the road, and a few cars ahead of us stopped.

We thought it was an accident as an ambulance came into view. A cop told us to turn around, said it would be hours. We were lamenting our bad luck because we were intending on attending the meeting in neighboring Grant County where Ammon Bundy, Ryan Payne and others were going to set up a new Committee of Safety.

We were hoping to find an alternate way to the meeting. When we came back down the mountain the road was already blocked by state police with automatic rifles.

In town, we happened upon an arrest scene. We counted at least 10 law enforcement personnel from Oregon state police, FBI, and other unknown services with automatic rifles. They were arresting Joe O’Shaughnessy, an Oathkeeper who works with medics camped five miles away from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge that the Bundays seized on January

www.rawstory.com...

This is all I have found so far.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: dreamingawake

Resisting arrest while armed? Everyone predicted this, the Bundys declared it from day one. They wanted a fire fight and they got exactly what they wanted. New report there's at least one causality, not sure if it's a Bundy or an authority. Multiple people in the hospital.

You're absolutely correct. The wet dreams of an armed standoff almost came true.

I protested in Chicago during the G2 summit. I had a cop threaten to "blah blah blah," me if I didn't stop writing on a public sidewalk with sidewalk chalk. I also had a whistle ripped off my neck after being thrown to the ground. Because whistles - they're dangerous, you know?

Ever since this hit the press, I've wondered why they haven't been met with any force. I've protested in Chicago, and I've been a part of Occupy. I witnessed LEO's tearing citizens tents down, destroying their guitars, burning their paintings/murals, and literally - it was a peaceful sit-in protest.

I'm definitely a "see it to believe it," guy. I've seen firsthand what forces are used when dealing with protestors; fire hydrants, APV's, tear gas, riot shields; I've seen all of this with my own eyes.

But for some reason, these guys are considered "peaceful protestors," and have been met with an exceptionally small force. It will be amusing to see how people go about defending these "patriots."

In my opinion, whatever they are "protesting," for or against, is about the equivalence of KFC or any fast-food giant "racing for the cure," by making their cups/wraps pink.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's about damn time. The FBI should have gone in there and grabbed them weeks ago.
Hopefully they get to spend a long time in jail.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Just saw an update: one confirmed dead, five arrested.

Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Ryan W. Paine, Brian Cavalier, and Shawna Cox are the names released as the arrestees. Sheriff is supposed to be issuing a statement with more information on everything "sometime soon."

ETA - now six names given as arrested. Sixth name is Donald O'Shaughnessy. Five arrested at the confrontation, one in a separate incident. All are charged with conspiracy to impede a federal officer.

One died? Oh no

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm hearing from folks that Payne is the deceased individual...

I hope this doesn't escalate.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
MSNBC said one protester was killed,

who knows though, news outlets sometimes rush things.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Looks like all of you blood-thirsty folks can get your thrills now. Your hopes for violence have been fulfilled. May God have mercy on your souls for wishing it so.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Is it callous to exclaim that they wanted s# to hit the fan?
That they asked for this?
That all of this boiled down to an internal need to shoot it out with LEOs?

Is it callous or is it right to examine that seemingly apparent particularity.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm hearing from my sources that one is confirmed dead... Trying to make out the name though.. Hopefully this doesn't escalate..

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

If we've learned anything it's that the media's first reports are riddled with holes. We shall wait for the facts.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Looks like all of you blood-thirsty folks can get your thrills now. Your hopes for violence have been fulfilled. May God have mercy on your souls for wishing it so.

No one here has hoped for violence.
Moreover we aren't the ones who started an armed occupation of a federal building.

Who were the true thrill seekers in this scenario?
edit on 26-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I can safely say I think the complete opposite of what you wrote. Wanting this idiotic farce over does no equate to having blood lust and wanting them dead. That's an awful turn of events.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

If you read who was arrested, Ryan Payne is on that list. He is not deceased as of this report.
www.policeone.com...

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

As far as I can tell, no one wanted violence except for the Bundy's who started this whole affair with an armed occupation and open threats to authorities. The Bundy's weren't raided by the authorities to prevent violence. In fact, power was never shut down from their occupied gift shop and they continued to receive mail. So say what you will about the gov't but they never went in guns blazing and that's why I fully suspect the Bundy's of firing first.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: troyof69

Yeah I just saw that I'm going to wait to comment until things have developed more. Lots of info coming in right now though...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Is it ironic that it's ending the way they said they wanted it to but secretly didn't, and the way the fed said they didn't want it to but secretly did?

Imagine my complete lack of surprise.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: GodEmperor

If we've learned anything it's that the media's first reports are riddled with holes. We shall wait for the facts.

Yeah all of it is riddled with holes.

My sources say 4 arrested. Payne is injured. LaVoy Finicum is deceased.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join