It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally weird, Really Would Love an explanation...sorta freaked out...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: YayMayorBee
Can't tell for sure, but I'm asserting I've watched my own doggie chew through a double folded nylon leash just like that in under 30 seconds... and it looked like one blade slid down it... just like that.

Huskies are spirited guys with strong jaws... totally possible, and likely even, in this case.

eta but you can change your locks to be sure.. .and get a nanny cam? Heh, and my doggie was 35 lbs and your looks larger and it is still more unlikely a stranger would brave a dog... so ... doggie got some teeth there.

How is a dog supposed to chew through its own collar?

A leash or a run is one thing, but what is it supposed to do, unhinge it's jaw? I don't see how it's physically possible...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

The collar was (Kind of) loose, I use a different collar to walk her and have this one on so she could be more comfortable.

If she wanted to slip out of the collar in question, she could and furthermore, get it into position where she could chew it.

I am thinking she got it into her mouth and it was stuck in one spot (it was loose but not loose enough that it would move once inside her mouth) and she gnawed it in the same spot until it broke?

I dunno! I am trying to come up with the most reasonable explanations.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

that picture was awhile ago.

I posted it for context.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: YayMayorBee

Sounds totally reasonable for a material like this to fray at the point of least resistanc, like down the seam of the weave.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Collar Got stuck and the dog was nearly stranguled. But it manage to pull it self loose.. With help from gravity.
The thing it was stuck on cut it like that.

Or it was loose ennoug for it to chew it.

Or a burgler have done it, perhaps someone that Think the collar Where to smal and felt bad for dog.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not sure, but next time lock your doors and make sure the dogs collar isn't too loose or too snug. That is one beautiful dog you have there! Good luck!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If the dog was able to get the collar over its head to chew it, the collar was improperly fitted.
That being said, it doesn't look chewed to me. It looks like it was cut.
You place being unlocked, and the dog inside, it is unlikely that a person entered and cut it, unless they are familiar with the dog.
Is it possible that the dog got the collar caught under something with a sharp edge (metal trim or hardware in the house) and cut it that way? Huskies have good pulling strength.
edit on b000000312016-01-27T00:19:46-06:0012America/ChicagoWed, 27 Jan 2016 00:19:46 -06001200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
As others have said the dogs collar has trapped on something and because it is a strong dog it has forced itself free, have a look at the tensile testing of fabric and i think you may feel happier www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
My dog chewed through a nylon leash and it looked similar to that. They have sharp teeth.

The compressed fibres make these things a little more brittle than you might think.

But allow me to get this straight - this collar was not being worn by the dog? If the dog was wearing it, it could not have chewed through it. If the dog was wearing it, it would have became caught upon something, and broken thereafter.

One more thing... you leave a husky indoors for extended periods of time? I have a border collie, and I would not dream of keeping him indoors all day. Dogs need to be able to be outside. Especially a big dog like a husky! I would not have a dog if I did not have a backyard.

Does your dog bark and howl all day? She might be doing that, if you lock her indoors all day, especially in an apartment. Dogs need room to move, otherwise they get distressed, which often leads to them making a lot of noise. I suppose you might have a discontented neighbour who doesn't like to confront people, but that seems a really strange thing to do, as opposed to leaving a note or something.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
In my opinion that is a definitive cut. Mostlikely with a dull knife, possibly a butter knife. Do not take it as cooincidence that your key went missing either. Something is definitely arry.

Change your locks. Install a camera and alarm if possible.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to: [post=20301581]YayMayorBee[/post
I only read the OP so far, but figured I'd throw my opinion out there. Having run a kennel at an animal shelter, I've seen dogs chew through just about everything you can imagine.
That wasn't chewed through. For starters, if it was chewed there would be more damage.another part of it would be nearly chewed through, if not totally. Secondly, there's no way a dog could chew through their collar. I've gone through plenty of leashes, but well over 2,000 dogs and ice never seen it come even close to happening.
That looks like it was cut by something like a steak bread knife. Dog your dog bark/howl a lot? I know husky's like to talk. Every get any complaints from neighbors?
Also, wondering, is the pup missing? I'm, obviously, hoping the answer is no. I would be asking any neighbors if they saw anyone near my place yesterday. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yep, that is cut with the dogs back teeth. My dog did the same thing when he was a pup.
Some dogs, including rotts have what are called scissor teeth/ bite pattern. The rear teeth slide closely past each other to aid in shearing and cutting meat and leashes.
edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

How is a dog supposed to chew through its own collar?

By twisting their amazingly flexible neck/jaw down, hooking the edge with teeth and chomping. It looks impossible/uncomfortable when they're doing it, btw.

I had my doggie's collar on snugly (the two finger thing) and she still managed to engage and saw through it in seconds... it made me realize how much of our rules/fences/leashes was the dog just being agreeable and trying to make silly humans happy.

This might not be the answer, but I'm saying it is possible and I've seen it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
set up a motion activated webcam on your computer while you're away that shoots you an email of the video that is captured as its happening. Or jump on your computer at work and watch your webcam and see what the dog is up to while you are gone. Hope the suggestion helps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join