It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Gov.: Bring Back the Guillotine for Drug Traffickers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Some government agencies have members who would be eligible.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's fun to wish this upon criminals, but when the US government is criminalizing everyone, then maybe just a slap on the wrist and being sent to sit in a corner is more preferable.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
a reply to: reldra

This happened a month ago it seems. He had a conference apologizeing a day later saying he meant to say Maine girls because Maine is 95% white. I saw more confederate flags up there than the south. And they are so poor and lack industry that the drug problem is insane. Bath salts came from Maine. That's even why weed is medical/legal up there.

But yea. Maine is the oldest and whitest state in the union.

Today, he talked about the guillotine for traffickers and the guessing game. I did read the article. Earlier this month he talked about who he thought was bringing drugs into Maine.

Interesting to find bath salts came from there.
edit on 26-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

That's ' WHY', weed is medical/legal up there? They have a successful medical marijuana program and some propose some plan for recreational use through dispensaries. This is not the only state like that and I don't think this is WHY.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Taking politics and crime out of the issue, what is it about the guillotine that screams barbaric? I mean, it is 100% effective and death is instantaneous; meanwhile, current methods of execution (lethal injection & electric chair) can take several minutes and, in some cases, multiple attempts.

For the record, I am opposed to the idea of the death penalty; however, if we are going to use it, then shouldn't it be carried out in least expensive, yet the most humane, method possible?

edit on 26-1-2016 by WeDemBoyz because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Taking politics and crime out of the issue, what is it about the guillotine that screams barbaric? I mean, it is 100% effective and death is instantaneous; meanwhile, current methods of execution (lethal injection & electric chair) can take several minutes and, in some cases, multiple attempts.

For the record, I am opposed to the idea of the death penalty; however, if we are going to use it, then shouldn't it be carried out in least expensive, yet the most humane, method possible?

I am not really sure. It fell out of favor for some reason. Yes, in states where it is done, of course it should be the most humane way possible.

eta: There are debates about the guillotine all over the internet. I am not going in depth here, but many reasons are cultural, some historical and the 'gas chamber' is actually less likely to cause pain. No matter what the method, the road to execution can never be inexpensive, even of the end method costs a little less.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Maine Governor Paul LePage thinks the guillotine is an appropriate punishment for drug traffickers. Drug trafficking, and deaths caused by dealers are at an all-time high and I am not surprised lawmakers are scrambling to deal with an increase in heroin overdoses. However, he also had this to say:

source

"What I think we ought to do is bring the guillotine back," he told WMOV. "We could have public executions and have, you know, we could even have (guessing) which hole it falls in."

Ok, that's creepy and sick, dystopian in nature. He goes on:

"These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty," he said. "They come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, then they go back home. Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave."

I can't believe this man was elected to be a Governor. He either has always believed these things, or he should be evaluated by a psychologist.

If drugs weren't illegal then lowlifes wouldn't be selling them, because there wouldn't be any money in it.

It isn't the Bible thumpers right to decide what people should do or should not do in their leisure time.

I thought prohibition would have taught them somthing about human nature..... Guess not!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: introvert

It's amazing how many times this needs to be repeated until it starts to sink in, but NAAAAAH let's just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I'm sure that is supposed to end up producing different results eventually.

Lol, ya....they heard it was a 1 in 1 billion chance.

So they are hoping after a billion years it will finally work

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If we include the CIA and other agencies in the "War on Drugs", I guess we could bring back the guillotine! :p

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey. Don't be knocking the guillotine. Right solution, wrong target in my opinion.

Our motto in the National Guillotine Party is...

'It worked in France'

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"What I think we ought to do is bring the guillotine back," he told WMOV. "We could have public executions and have, you know, we could even have (guessing) which hole it falls in."

He must be taking tips from Trump's outrageous remarks. Sick puppy.

edit on 26-1-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As a Mainer, I laugh at most of what people think goes on up here

Yeah, the dude's off his rocker a bit- but honestly it's a nice change of pace from the average politically correct "I have no opinions other than what my secretary says people will vote for" people who run things. They just say one thing and do another.

At least with a nutter like this guy, you know that he actually wants to do what he says.

I've got no problem with a guillotine being used for public executions- but you better be damn sure you're executing true criminals- like bankers and politicians.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Strange times these with presidential candidates talking about shooting people in the streets while being cheered on and governors crying for public executions by guillotine. Maybe he thinks he is the governor in Walking dead. a reply to: reldra

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Cool....so he wants to behead our military leaders...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Shhhh........... he's not supposed to know that information............

Oh! I mean our military leaders are dope dealers now... who would have thunk it.................

I'm sure there is a completely valid explanation for his level of crazy.................

ETA:
Makes me think about the movie "Sicario" I recently watched.
edit on 26-1-2016 by gpols because: movie reference

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Maine Governor Paul LePage thinks the guillotine is an appropriate punishment for drug traffickers. Drug trafficking, and deaths caused by dealers are at an all-time high and I am not surprised lawmakers are scrambling to deal with an increase in heroin overdoses. However, he also had this to say:

source

Ok, that's creepy and sick, dystopian in nature. He goes on:

"These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty," he said. "They come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, then they go back home. Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave."

I can't believe this man was elected to be a Governor. He either has always believed these things, or he should be evaluated by a psychologist.

I wonder if this includes Big Pharma and their stock holders... and those that get kick backs from said conglomerates?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Big Pharma isn't as big as you'd think.

Uncle Sam recently took a big, ol' dump on their earnings by rescheduling opiates. Because opiates on the black market were cutting into Uncle Sam's Afghani heroin sales.

Big Pharma plays second fiddle to Uncle Sam's left pocket.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

After the comments on out of State drug dealers "impregnating white girls" the move to recall him begin.

petitions.moveon.org...

This guy seems to have really slipped a cog or two, might make a good VP candidate for Mr. Trump however. The two loose cannons could make a tour to every State like the P.T. Barnum Circus. Mr. LePage has made some audacious attempts at changing the Maine State Constitution as well to stop future legislation that would change any laws he manged to pass, but now has lost support from his own party

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

D-Money, Smoothie & Shifty should give up dealing drugs and find a way to get rich with their incredible fertility. The ability to impregnate a young white girl on every other drug run is quite impressive.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So Relda, what is your opinion of what should be done to heroin dealers? We are not talking about selling pot. I know kids whose lives have been ruined by heroin and a couple that have died from overdoses. I feel the guillotine is too easy of a sentence for these scum. Gov. Lepage is not a typical politician. He says what he believes, not what he thinks you want to hear. Yes he can be crude and crass, but he is honest. He left an abusive home as a kid and grew up on the streets, became a successful businessman and twice elected Governor. So please look into the whole story instead of the typical knee jerk liberal reaction to a headline or 10 second soundbite.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus
Perhaps a not too radical treatment for the king pins ....but it think they should draw and quarter anyone in any government agency in collusion with the underworld first.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join