It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Gov.: Bring Back the Guillotine for Drug Traffickers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maine Governor Paul LePage thinks the guillotine is an appropriate punishment for drug traffickers. Drug trafficking, and deaths caused by dealers are at an all-time high and I am not surprised lawmakers are scrambling to deal with an increase in heroin overdoses. However, he also had this to say:

source

"What I think we ought to do is bring the guillotine back," he told WMOV. "We could have public executions and have, you know, we could even have (guessing) which hole it falls in."

Ok, that's creepy and sick, dystopian in nature. He goes on:

"These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty," he said. "They come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, then they go back home. Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave."

I can't believe this man was elected to be a Governor. He either has always believed these things, or he should be evaluated by a psychologist.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looks like he's taking a point or two from ISIS.

Maybe he HAS a point.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yo what the hell? The key is to get LESS violent, not more violent. Legalize the drugs, or at least decriminalize the drugs and help the people suffering from addiction.

"These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty," he said. "They come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, then they go back home. Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave."

Wow... That sounds incredibly racist and demeaning... I'd be willing to bet that this guy has never actually MET a drug dealer before.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ah, LePage. The man's mental cheese continues to slide off his cracker.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The "turning users apathetic" kind of drugs or the fun ones?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yo what the hell? The key is to get LESS violent, not more violent. Legalize the drugs, or at least decriminalize the drugs and help the people suffering from addiction.

Wow... That sounds incredibly racist and demeaning... I'd be willing to bet that this guy has never actually MET a drug dealer before.

Ya, that is the key. I highly doubt he has met anyone who is called D Money LOL.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

WOW! That is disturbing. I wonder how he would feel seeing hundreds of federal agents put in those guillotines. I used to work deep cover putting them away (a pc way of saying it).

The problem is the government making massive amounts of money off of trafficking whether you look at some black funding operations that are not paid for by the governments normal channels, or you look at local, state, and federal attorneys, judges, police, and corrections making their living mainly off the drug trade. If people only knew the reality of what is going on they would probably want a central square executions of the people behind this, and not the ones typically accused of it.

Certainly there are smugglers and traffickers of all colors, however they do not have the ability to land aircraft in CONUS from outside without inspection. Our corrupt friends in certain agencies do.

link   

I think he's been watching one too many of his son's favorite rap videos.

link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Ah, LePage. The man's mental cheese continues to slide off his cracker.

Yep, is off his rocker.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Then the price of drugs goes up because it becomes even more risky and more people become drug dealers because there is now more profit.

I give him a star for wanting to make a game show out of it. Now all they need to do is give his drug profits to the winner(s) of the game and he'll have a total winner.

edit on 26-1-2016 by gpols because: totally dude.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, legalize drugs and tax them. Use the taxes for rehabilitation and medical services.

The war on drugs is easily solved by eliminating the illegal market for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's amazing how many times this needs to be repeated until it starts to sink in, but NAAAAAH let's just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I'm sure that is supposed to end up producing different results eventually.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If I lived in Maine, I would be looking at how to recall this guy. He's not the first one to say 'guillotine', say as opposed to using an electric chair (for murderers) in death penalty states- but I do believe he is the first modern governor to want public executions where we guess which hole the head falls on into. On top of being a blatant racist.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Make it pay-per-view and you'll have serious bank!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Like a new age Colosseum only a remote click away.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I know you're joking, but there are people who would watch it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So that means Noreaga and his council of CIA stoogies get to visit the guillotine too?

Or is that only for D-Money and his crew? What i find amazing is that D keeps the fresh connects since ALL heroin is imported.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

D-Money also does my taxes for H&R Block. So if the execution could wait until April 16th, that'd be great.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Certainly there are smugglers and traffickers of all colors, however they do not have the ability to land aircraft in CONUS from outside without inspection. Our corrupt friends in certain agencies do.

Yes, you would think a governor had at least SOME inkling of this.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This happened a month ago it seems. He had a conference apologizeing a day later saying he meant to say Maine girls because Maine is 95% white. I saw more confederate flags up there than the south. And they are so poor and lack industry that the drug problem is insane. Bath salts came from Maine. That's even why weed is medical/legal up there.

But yea. Maine is the oldest and whitest state in the union.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join