It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Boom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sonic Boom News Link

Have not done this in a while. Just wondering where this should go? Anybody hear about this?

SOUTH CAROLINA (WCSC) -
Dozens of calls and social media posts are coming from people who say they felt an earthquake or a sonic boom in the Lowcountry some time around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.

-Ragster
edit on 26-1-2016 by ragster because: Quotes.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Probably unrelated but about 10 minutes ago, a fighter jet flew very low over my house and scared the hell out of my teenager. Rattled the windows and caused the floor to vibrate. We actually ducked down into a crouch. I can't believe how loud it was. He was traveling from NW to SE. towards the Gulf of Mexico. Without a doubt, the loudest noise I have ever heard here.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The day after 9/11 I was working at home. I was on the phone with a client. This huge boom came. Vibrated the house. I screamed.
The client was about 15 miles from me in his home, I could hear him trying calm down his kids.
Turns out it was military jets going over the area. We were about 40 miles as the crow fly's from Chicago.

I will never forget that.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

It felt deep and amazing am I right?

I grew up around jets, and that deep vibration, and loud roar never gets old

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Well if your not expecting it, boy can it scare the pants off you.

LOL!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I thought military aircraft weren't supposed to go supersonic at altitudes low enough to disturb residential areas.

I remember a few years ago there were a bunch of skyquakes being reported along the East Coast, especially in the South. I don't know if this is related or not.

-dex

edit on 1/26/2016 by DexterRiley because: added link

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
The day after 9/11 I was working at home. I was on the phone with a client. This huge boom came. Vibrated the house. I screamed.
The client was about 15 miles from me in his home, I could hear him trying calm down his kids.
Turns out it was military jets going over the area. We were about 40 miles as the crow fly's from Chicago.

I will never forget that.

Had a similar experience, too. Except was living in CA at the time, at most a month after 9/11.

In fact, I don't remember air travel being the same after that

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

Don't fly much personally, but I had other's say that same thing to me back then.

Man, just writing about this still gives me a chill after all these years.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The sound of Freedom !!!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli
Crappiekat hit the nail on the head. We weren't expecting it. If we had been outside and had seen what it was, it would have been cool. At an airshow or something. But for about 10 seconds, we had no idea what it was until we went out and saw it speeding away. It's amazing to me how far away he was and the roar was still incredibly loud. I'm sure the pilot would have been very amused by our reactions.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I remember telling this story here at ATS back then, there was a member here who stated for a newbie it can be some sort of badge of honor. LOL!!!

Might have been Zap.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I live near an airbase where we get the FA/18 Super Hornets out hooning around, often.

I have been rock fishing and had a low flying one approach from down wind of me ...
first you catch a glimpse of - something then BOOM ! the sound hits you ... near blew me into the ocean !lol.

I heard a great story from Iraq.
There were a bunch of Iraqi's refusing to leave a building, the CO felt an airstrike was un-warranted so he instructed a couple of Pilots to hit mach1 as it passed the building.

The buggers came bolting out thinking they had been bombed lol !! Win / win.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Let me be highly paranoid for a while here. Could it be sorta psychological scare tactic? Not that the government could ever use the army against their own citizens unless you have Air National Guard.

I use to think about it everytime a huge military propeller Aircraft flies over a city at low altitude. You know, making the doppler effect sound to calm down the nervous sheeps. I can see no other reason to fly over the city
edit on 30/1/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

edit on 30/1/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Back in the 80's I believe about 1986. There were these booms heard all along the coast of New Jersey. They were very loud. The Air Force denied any air craft was breaking the sound barrier. They had no idea what was causing this. The boom broke windows and shook houses. This went on for about 2 weeks and then just quit.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I thought military aircraft weren't supposed to go supersonic at altitudes low enough to disturb residential areas.

I remember a few years ago there were a bunch of skyquakes being reported along the East Coast, especially in the South. I don't know if this is related or not.

-dex

Well, one month it's sky quakes, the next it's frost quakes, the next it's fireworks and now it's supersonic military jets. Never the truth, though.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Hey Rez,

I hadn't seen you around very much lately. But maybe it's because I've been hanging out in all the wrong places.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe your global methane theories provide some plausible explanations for this phenomena.

-dex

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNUAKI

This went on for about 2 weeks and then just quit.
That was what I recall about the series of "skyquakes" that were happening just a few years ago. They just suddenly stopped with no explanation. And then folks forgot about it. Typical.

-dex

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: Rezlooper

Hey Rez,

I hadn't seen you around very much lately. But maybe it's because I've been hanging out in all the wrong places.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe your global methane theories provide some plausible explanations for this phenomena.

-dex

Hey, thanks Dexter. Over the past three years, there sure has been a lot of the things I wrote about and predicted coming true. For example, the increase in these booms and sky noises, but also, the gas explosions. Seems like a some sort of explosion somewhere every day on the news. And the weather...

top topics

join