It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Reported at Naval Medical Center San Diego

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: TechniXcality

As I said, it's all well and good acting macho on the internet, until you're put in that very position it's impossible to say how your mind will react and what you will do

In all the terror attacks we've had since 9/11 there's only been 1 instance where the people have fought back and that was on flight 93, surely that's enough to know that even if you manage react to attack immediately among all the panic and mayhem, you cannot put your faith in others to react the same way and even on flight 93 they didn't react immediately.

Expecting a military style response to attack among civilians is incredibly naive

I work in an office where families of inmates come to add money to accounts. Several times per day they arrive or leave extremely pissed off. I'm always thinking about what I'd do if someone busted in and started firing off at everyone on the bottom floor where I'm at.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There have been more instances, the show bomber comes to mind. Many attacks are stopped by civilians, unfortunately they don't get media attention. I don't know what I'd do in a situation but I hope I'd do whatever it takes to survive and protect my ducklings. I train and practice often but you never know how your brain is going to fire under duress, this is why we hope muscle memory and practice help.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: TechniXcality

Good for you but expecting normal civilians to act with the same military bravado and instinct as yourself honestly is naive.

And ok so we've another example of people fighting back, but notice the similarity of the scenario, one on a plane the other on a train both enclosed environments so it's technically easier to get close to assailant to bring him down, in comparison the French attack in bataclan in the auditorium was a large open arena so much harder and nobody tried to fight back there, also there was more than one assailant. Not to mention one of the guys on the train attack was military but what are the odds that the average civilian is going to think the same way as someone with military training ?

YOU might react the way you are saying you will react, but to expect others who haven't had any form of military training is too assuming, as for you comment saying "is the cry of a cod player" really ? do you have to resort to immature retorts in addressing your point ?

a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The axe isn't a weapon ?

Did you forget the first two? Run or hide if you don't want to fight back. Just pray there are some brave people out there to protect you.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm not the one claiming people should automatically override any instinct to flee/hide and instantly pounce upon the attacker though, so maybe your question would better be aimed at technix. Out of the 3 choices depending on location I'd say running is the safest option for most, but if you can't run then fighting is a better option than hiding in hope that the authorities managed to subdue the attacker/s before they find you really.

But the chances of being unfortunate enough to be in such a situation is incredibly slim and not even worth thinking about really.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The axe is the weapon I would prefer in a chaotic environment like that. The last thing you want to do is pop off shots while amped on adrenaline, and miss, hitting a co-worker or other innocent party. Grab the axe, out manoeuvre the target, wait, and when the moment presents itself, bury it in the skull of your enemy.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well those are the only three options, right?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Well you could choose to sit in a circle and sing kum ba yah but I don't really see it as being a viable option, I guess it would confuse the attackers though

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If it was in open space I think they should run and hide but someone needs to be there to take them down
Closed building fight nowhere to run or hide

But in none of those situations would I think quick enough I would either completely freeze or just plain panic ..
edit on 26-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join