It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Gun-Store Owner and Son Die in Shootout with Customers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mississippi Gun-Store Owner and Son Die in Shootout with Customers

A gun-store owner and his son were killed in a shootout with two customers after an argument over a $25 firearm repair fee, police told NBC station WDSU.

The customers, who are also a father and son, had visited the store to collect a firearm that had been dropped off for repair. They became irate after being told it was not ready and there would be a $25 service charge, the Pearl River County Sheriff's Office told WDSU.

The argument descended into a shootout, resulting in the owner and his son dying from "multiple gunshot wounds" and the customers being transferred to intensive care, Sun Herald newspaper reported.

The gun shop owner couldn't fix the customer's gun, but charged the fee anyhow. It upset the customer and his son, but it's unclear who drew their gun on who. Early reports indicate it was the customer's son who shot at the store owner's son first.

Names released in gun store shooting that killed father, son

More details, names released in gun shop shooting

Authorities say that Michael McCool, 29, is the alleged shooter, accused of shooting both victims using a 40-caliber pistol. However, no charges have been brought against anyone at this time.

According to Sheriff Allison, Audy McCool, 52, and his son Michael McCool, went to the shop to retrieve a weapon around 3:15 p.m. After being told it was not repaired, one of the men reportedly became agitated over paying a $25 service charge even though his gun was not fixed.

Another glorious day in the backwaters of America.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Another glorious day in the backwaters of America.

Eeeyup... two more families ruined because some moron doesn't know any better way to resolve a disagreement than violence. Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Clearly this is why everyone should be allowed to be armed.
Lol.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Wait...

Are you telling me that two men are dead, and two others are in intensive care, over a twenty five dollar service charge? That is outrageous!

Now look. I happen to think that the second amendment is one of the few things that remains laudable about the law and policy of the United States. I am never going to visit the place, because the TSA should not exist, and because the police cannot be trusted to uphold the law, let alone the spirit of justice in all things, but the second amendment is a serious pull factor.

That being said, this incident has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Twenty five dollars. Hell, I am a poor man, and I would wipe my butt with that little currency if I was out of toilet paper. That's what, £17.50 in proper currency. Good LORD! That's less than the cost of a burger and three pints of good beer at a less than fantastic pub! These people have to be insane. Twenty to life over twenty five dollars...idiots.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Trump voters.. yuup

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
ALL GUN OWNERS ARE MORONS!!!

Isn't that the point of this? That just because we choose to carry a weapon, we are not "civilized" enough to settle an argument without using it? You get stupid people in all walks of life and no, some people should not be carrying a gun, but I see already which direction this thread is headed and it is not toward that fact, but rather toward bashing all gun owners.
Have at it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

This is my concern about people carrying fire arms. Some people let their anger overwhelm their common sense and the first thing they want to do is strike out. In this case a firearm. We see it in road rage incidents and simple angry confrontations between two people time and time again.

Lives were lost over a $25.00 fee. Wow, talk about having temporary insanity. Guns and having an angry disposition just don't mix.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The shooter would likely tell you it wasn't about the fee, it was about being disrespected.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Bullets finished the argument, anger started it.

Human anger.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well I would tell the shooter that when one is disrespected, one may either suck it up and get on with the day, just this once, or give a fellow a sound thrashing. What one does not do is draw irons and start slinging death around like it was candy, and one is playing the part of Willy freaking Wonka!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I am very pro-2nd amendment and believe it is a vital part of what made this country's system great, but I can't help but notice that the gun culture in the US has become a bit loony.

The 2nd amendment is no longer about arming ourselves to protect this country from tyranny. It's more akin to a culture of fashion and bravado. Similar to middle-aged men that like to show off their new sports cars.

The gun nuts in this country are going to ruin our 2nd amendment rights if they continue to go down the path they are currently taking.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

What a petty and unreasonable motive for murder.

The second allows it because rules is rules, however when you build a house on quicksand it's not the quicksand that is to blame. However we can't stop stupid people from building their houses on quicksand if that makes any sense.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

All gun owners are idiots.
All Muslims are terrorists.
All liberals are communists.
All Asians are bad drivers.
All Germans are Nazi's.
All Irish are drunks.

etc. . . .

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People killed and lives ruined over greed. Just another day in America.

This incident just puts a more noticeable face on it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
With 350 million people in the US, you are going to get a few nut jobs. There are no laws, regulations, or anything that will stop some people from being idiots. We can start an entire thread of people doing dumb sh*t like this.

People die everyday in ghettos over $25.00 and a he said she said argument. Heck, most gangbangers can't even tell you with any clarity why they are fighting a rival gang.

This is why it doesn't pay to argue with people. You don't know who is armed and a small fry short of a happy meal.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I am very pro-2nd amendment and believe it is a vital part of what made this country's system great, but I can't help but notice that the gun culture in the US has become a bit loony.

The 2nd amendment is no longer about arming ourselves to protect this country from tyranny. It's more akin to a culture of fashion and bravado. Similar to middle-aged men that like to show off their new sports cars.

The gun nuts in this country are going to ruin our 2nd amendment rights if they continue to go down the path they are currently taking.

Its so interesting to me how guys like you make broad generalizations like this, yet change the subject to Muslims and your opinion turns on a dime.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Literally sounds like something the ptb would drum up to show dangers of open carry.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This is a shame. Surprisingly it's a rare occurrence at a gun store.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The 2nd amendment is no longer about arming ourselves to protect this country from tyranny. It's more akin to a culture of fashion and bravado.

YES! People who are mean, angry, violent and "entitled" USE the second amendment to bolster their Delta Bravo attitudes. And Trump is feeding the frenzy of "If you don't like someone or something, use your power to take them out!"

100% agree! Those abusing our rights (like these asshats) will be the ones responsible when those rights are taken away.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Banning guns won't stop this kind of idiocy from happening, just instead of people being shot to death they'll be getting stabbed to death, or beaten to death with random items or fists.

Getting into a fight whether it's a gun fight, knife fight or fist fight over a charge of $25 is the issue here and we need to be asking the question of why somebody is willing to kill another over a measly $25 and just what the hell is wrong with people that cause them to do this

<<   2  3 >>

join