It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin is about to intercept 300 Turkish companies within Russia - economic sanctions against Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: Xcathdra

‘Russia would attack NATO only in mad person’s dream’ – Putin

www.rt.com...

"Those are not Russian troops in Crimea they are local self-defense forces." -V. Putin.

“Crimean self-defense forces were of course backed by Russian servicemen,” Putin said.

"Moscow troops could be in five NATO capitals in two days, boasts Putin."

"It's all nonsense, there are no special units, special forces or instructors there," Putin said.

" Speaking at an annual televised press conference, Mr Putin denied that “regular forces” were involved in the conflict, but conceded that “people dealing with tasks…in the military sphere,” had been involved in the conflict.

“We never said that there weren’t people there dealing with certain tasks, including in the military sphere,” - V.Putin

Given his track record for the lies he tells I don't trust anything coming out of his mouth. Even more so with his idiotic reference to nukes every other week.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Russia's (Putin's) temper tantrum over Turkey is interesting because before Russia intentionally violated their airspace Putin viewed Turkey as best buds. So before the shoot down Russia couldn't care less about Turkish government actions and after the shoot down Putin is up in arms about everything Turkey is doing

Think they cross with Turkey because shot down a plane there are many occurances of airspace violation in the UK we dont just shoot planes out of the sky unless Turkey sympathises with ISIS.

They upset because ISIS oil has been smuggled out of Syria for a good while now. Funny how the US done nothing about this for years and evidently new about it.

They upset because Tureky keeps send supplies and mercenaries into Syria supporting ISIS.

Russian done more damage to ISIS in a matter of days compared with what the US done in years. Speaks volumes.

Russia is working with the Assad regime and military the US is not

Happy days to you

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Russia's (Putin's) temper tantrum over Turkey is interesting because before Russia intentionally violated their airspace Putin viewed Turkey as best buds. So before the shoot down Russia couldn't care less about Turkish government actions and after the shoot down Putin is up in arms about everything Turkey is doing

Think they cross with Turkey because shot down a plane there are many occurances of airspace violation in the UK we dont just shoot planes out of the sky unless Turkey sympathises with ISIS.

They upset because ISIS oil has been smuggled out of Syria for a good while now. Funny how the US done nothing about this for years and evidently new about it.

They upset because Tureky keeps send supplies and mercenaries into Syria supporting ISIS.

Russian done more damage to ISIS in a matter of days compared with what the US done in years. Speaks volumes.

Russia is working with the Assad regime and military the US is not

Happy days to you

Turkey's airspace was violated, the Russians get close but never cross into UK airspace. The UK also has not had a aircraft shot down and missiles shot into its territory over the last year. The Russians are upset because they are helpless to do anything about it. On top of the mission in Syria proving to be a mess. Russia has done no damage to ISIS and the few placed where ISIS and Assads force do meet it is not going well for Assads forces. And you want to talk about smuggling? Even wonder how ISIS gets all those Russian weapons and ammo? And the rebels as well?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You ever get tired of just posting disinformation?

At one point I thought you are just uninformed, you know, just a typical 'murican that has all of his information from MSM, but now, I'm actually starting to believe you are purposefully pushing lies.

Russia has done no damage to ISIS? Okay.

Please, ATS, give me a ignore button, I can't take it anymore

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I will comment for the news we get in a daily bases and in my country alone.

Russia does high damage to ISIS and a proof is the panic of Turkish former government, since Turkey is one of the major founders, training and distributing guns to ISIS. And it's not only our press, because many of you believe we are more Russian friendly..

The minister of defense of Israel, visited my country 2 days ago and one of his announcements is " TURKS are the major founders and supporters of ISIS-jihadists".
link

and today the Turkish press, made an article about the accusations of Israeli minister of defense...

link

www.haaretz.com...
www.jerusalemonline.com...

The news I gave, could have its own topic, but since people argue about russia-turks and isis... I gave it as a tip.

The translation of google for the greek articles is not very good, but I provide you some foreign press and you can also search it further. Now that Russia made a huge clean around Syria and cleaning up all the borders with Syria and Turkey, will move from outside to inners, he will kill them all, no escape route.

Putin with Syrian army and Kurds, succeeded to isolate Turks - fanatic islamists and ISIS.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

‘Russia would attack NATO only in mad person’s dream’ – Putin

www.rt.com...

'And don't forget about my apprentice down in Chechnya, please do what he asks. I'm thinking about loaning him the suitcase when I'm taking my holiday at the spa. He has .... dreams. He told me he wants to make vacation to Estonia and Poland, you know what I'm saying?'
edit on 27-1-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: MrSpad

You ever get tired of just posting disinformation?

At one point I thought you are just uninformed, you know, just a typical 'murican that has all of his information from MSM, but now, I'm actually starting to believe you are purposefully pushing lies.

Russia has done no damage to ISIS? Okay.

Please, ATS, give me a ignore button, I can't take it anymore

Well if you knew anything about the strategic positions in Syria you would know that ISIS and Assads forces only face each other in very few locations. In between them are various rebel groups who are fighting both ISIS an Assad. Now this is not a secret and even somebody with very basic research abilities could find this out. Russia arrived in Syria because Assads forces were on the run. Not from ISIS but, from various other rebel groups. Russia mission in Syria is to prop up Assad. Thus Russia's targets have been those who present a direct military threat to Assad. And that is not ISIS. Russia briefly targeted ISIS after the bombing of the Russian airliner in Egypt but, that was short term as the focus has to return to backing Assads forces.

Now perhaps you think the Russians are stupid and are ignoring direct threats to Assads regime and are off rebombing ISIS target hit by the coalition already. I think the Russians are going to use some basic logic and support Assads forces where they are needed. You can assume the Russians have no logic and are hitting targets away from Assads forces while the ones attacking him are left alone.

I know, I know in the first week Russia declared ISIS was out ammo, surrendering in the thousands and fleeing the country. Likely you have no military back ground and did no know air campaigns takes months if not years to truly be effective. You also likely were not aware that Assads forces were mostly facing other rebels an not ISIS. So you likely bought into all that. However with just some basic information and a little logic you can figure things out for yourself. If you really want to. And if you ever get a chance spend some time in region. It will give you a much better understanding of the people, the politics, and the factions that you will never get in an article.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

You guys need to get your facts correct and stop with the misleading lies.

Sovereign airspace is different than an ADIZ.

Russia did not violate UK airspace.
Russia did in fact violate Turkish airspace.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Before and during Russia entered Syria, Turks had good relations with Russians, we can clearly see that, reading about the annual damage of russian sunctions against turkey over 50 billion!!! That was a huge deal between them, also nuke factories, etc. If Russia violated their airspace for 10-15 seconds, its nothing compared to the thousands of violations Turks do every day in my country and Cyprus.

Now Russia deployed s-400 13 miles from turkish borders... Turks are in panic.

I also need to ask... is this map valid?
edition.cnn.com...

Because if this map is valid, then Russia is bombarding these areas, as far as I know...

Areas such as : Raqqa, Allepo, Mosul, Deir Ezzor, etc.. I read these names in a daily bases in our news. Maybe Russia is not attacking the targets USA wants them to (mostly Christian villages and Syrian army). There is a small confusion with the meanings, so consider me when I speak about ISIS ---> fanatic Muslims/jihadists and their supporters which they come from foreign countries to support the Muslim opposition party of Syria and they slaughter mostly christians. Anybody who reads about ISIS, it may represent something different for them, such as Assad and Christians. (so I hope we wont get lost in the translation).

And I also remember what Putin said : anybody who @#$@ with christians will die (there is news about it and I think I posted it in another topic). So Putin actually kills ISIS and fatantic jihadists/muslim areas, all of those who had a huge party of cutting heads, etc all these years! Here is a polite article about what putin said : themarshallreport.wordpress.com... the greek version of that article is a bit loud.And I do remember, before Russia enter Syria, we watched in a daily bases crucifixions, beheads and massacres of Christians. Now we see monkeys jumping around to save their pathetic existence. Nobody gave any attention to the christians massacres all these years, now we see allot of attention.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

Before and during Russia entered Syria, Turks had good relations with Russians, we can clearly see that, reading about the annual damage of russian sunctions against turkey over 50 billion!!! That was a huge deal between them, also nuke factories, etc. If Russia violated their airspace for 10-15 seconds, its nothing compared to thousands of violations Turks do every day in my country and Cyprus.

Now Russia deployed s-400 13 miles from turkish borders... Turks are in panic.

I also need to ask... is this map valid?
edition.cnn.com...

Because if this map is valid, then Russia is bombarding these areas, as far as I know...

Areas such as : Raqqa, Allepo, Mosul, Deir Ezzor, etc.. I read these names in a daily bases in our news. Maybe Russia is not attacking the targets USA wants them to (mostly Christian villages and Syrian army)... Thats what ISIS is for americans is it? There is a small confusion with the meanings, so consider me when I speak about ISIS ---> fanatic Muslims/jihadists and their supporters which they come from foreign countries to support the Muslim opposition party of Syria and they slaughter mostly christians. Anybody who reads about ISIS, it may represent something different for them, such as Assad and Christians... lol (so I hope we wont get lost in the translation).

And I also remember what Putin said : anybody who @#$@ with christians inside syria, will die (there is news about it and I think I posted it in another topic). So Putin actually kills ISIS and fatantic jihadists/muslim areas. Here is a polite article about what putin said : themarshallreport.wordpress.com... the greek version of that article is a bit loud.And I do remember, before Russia enter Syria, we watched in a daily bases crucifixions, beheads and massacres of Christians. Now we see monkeys jumping around to save their pathetic existence. Nobody gave any attention to the christians massacres all these years, now we see allot of attention.

The Turks and Russia had trade deals but not good refashions. Turkey and Russia have had tensions do to Turkeys strong support and defense ties with Georgia and Azerbaijan. Also Turkey (along with China) has undermined Russia position in Central Asia. Things got worse with Russian occupation of Crimea home to the Tartars whom the Turks consider under their protection.

And what is this nonsense about the Turks being in a panic? They are still conducting airstrikes against ISIS in Syria. Also in support of the SDF Syrian Democratic Forces who are the only people in Syria on the offensive against ISIS. The SDF is made up of Turkmen, Kurds, Syrian Arabs, Christian militias, tribal militias, and former FSA.

The US and Turkey have also said that if peace talks go nowhere they will conduct a military solution to ISIS. That would mean Turkish troops entering Syria to finish off ISIS along side US special forces. And that would free up all SDF and all the other rebels to finish off Assad. In particular since Iran pulled out and went to Iraq after getting mad the Russians has come in and taken over when they had been their all along. The Russians need the peace talks or they will be stuck in another war like Ukraine that they can not win.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The US and Turkey have also said that if peace talks go nowhere they will conduct a military solution to ISIS. That would mean Turkish troops entering Syria to finish off ISIS along side US special forces. And that would free up all SDF and all the other rebels to finish off Assad.

That is what I wanted to see, you consider Assad as ISIS and the Syrian army of the former government. There is no Christian militias who fight in the side of fanatic Muslims and Americans or Turkmen, especially Turks... its something we know very well. Because many Greeks fighting with Christians in Syria... And they fight what I ve wrote in my comment.

So there is a confusion with the meaning of ISIS.

ISIS for us, was formed or forced by western countries, just after Assad declined to give up and the opposition political party of Syria, which is Muslims, used the forces western countries trained as ISIS, to kill Assad and take over...

So there is fog in the translation for what ISIS is between countries. For us, Putin is killing ISIS and the rebels jihadists of the opposition political party. For American interests, or west in general, Putin is killing your dream to conquer and control Syria with muslim government.
The link I gave edition.cnn.com... includes a map of foreign isis forces moving into syria. And that happened after the attempt to remove Assad failed. Those immigrants from all over the world, are actually the opposition party supporters and thats what ISIS is for us.

Lets be honest, the definition of ISIS originally was all these islamists who entered syria to support the opposition party, to take over the government from the first place. But in the process when western alliance who actually created them, noticed that ISIS cannot fulfill their goal and take over syria. Media start creating this confusion in the western world so people get confuse for what ISIS is today lol . That was also one of the biggest mistakes obama did, because you lost Kurds as well. Turks trying their best to save it and America have to comply with it or to remain silent and help with some official statements to support turkey actions, while all the rest are against original ISIS. We have some breaking news and in a short term, Turkey is getting ready for a huge invasion into syria, transferring more guns right now in the borders, because syrian army and russian winning and taking over more and more areas. Also Kurds are getting ready to take over the river of Euphrates tomorrow (I dont know how you spell it), so turkmen are the main target at this point. The next 24-48 hours, will be very critical for that region.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

He want's to deploy a SADMs weapon!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

‘Russia would attack NATO only in mad person’s dream’

Or a sane person's insanity.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

'And don't forget about my apprentice down in Chechnya,

The one that could remove Putin and replace himself there, which is why Putin allows him to do what he wants.

He supplied the killer of Boris Nemtsov for Putin' s little plan to have him killed.

He better keep a close eye on him for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Putin has every right to do this. After the airplane accident nothing will be the same.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Now Russian press offers many articles about turkeys violations in my country airspace link and turkey is trying to create a war clima with my country as well! Turks see us, as an easy target.

Anyway, today Gazprom removed the reduced price for oils/gas for turkey...

here is the old news, Russia-Gazprom offered special reduced price for turkey..
link

here is the today news... www.todayszaman.com...

so more sanctions.. Now gas/oil will cost them more.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

He want's to deploy a SADMs weapon!

Why? Like flying a Blackjack over is to difficult or something? Turkey needs to be nuked off the map, problems solved.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Too obvious.
They don't want to take responsability for the attack.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Today Russia made one violation to turkish airspace and it become global news, while turkey did dozen of violations into Hellas and Cyprus. The interesting news comes later on from erdogan mouth, that Russia will have to deal with the consequences, meaning they will shot down more aircrafts.

If we review what happened with one jet, what will happen with 2.

Edit : some breaking news, turkey moved into orange alert and all aircrafts are ready to engage, anything that enters their airspace... You can make a topic for it, but I dont think its that important yet. Take the turkish media directly www.iha.com.tr...
edit on 30-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

What do air violations in Hellas and Cypress have to do with Russian violations of Turkish airspace?

Can you provide a link to the Hellas/Cyprus claims you made?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join