It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin is about to intercept 300 Turkish companies within Russia - economic sanctions against Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Press reports 50b damage for Turkish economy this year overall.

www.tarafsizbolge.com...

link

Some English press
europe.newsweek.com...
edit on 26-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Putin is seriously pissed off over that fighter jet incident

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Putin is really trying hard to kill off any Russian economy.

He's cutting off his nose to spite his face, as the saying goes.

The search for people to blame as the Russian economy crashes and burns. His tiff with Turkey should have been cleared up ages ago. It's almost like he's attempting to provoke a response from Turkey.

Russia's economy contracted by 3.7% in 2015, according to preliminary figures published by the country's statistics service. Retail sales plunged by 10% and capital investment fell by 8.4% in the economy's worst performance since 2009.

Source

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But still, they have growth and dont own money. What about the rest.. lol

You see where the American economic warfare went, oil is very cheap and American companies are nearly in a default state. I also think that UAEE stop distributing oil as well?

These politics damaged West more than Russia.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

You see where the American economic warfare went, oil is very cheap and American companies are nearly in a default state. I also think that UAEE stop distributing oil as well?

I agree. Playing chicken with oil prices has killed our energy sector here in Canada. And it hasnt given us any relief at the pumps either.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Putin and Russia might just be in a good place when you look at what might and has happened in Western ways of doing business .

“Last year, the corporations in the Russell 3000, a broad U.S. stock index, repurchased $567.6 billion worth of their own shares—a 21% increase over 2012, calculates Rob Leiphart, an analyst at Birinyi Associates, a research firm in Westport, Conn. That brings total buybacks since the beginning of 2005 to $4.21 trillion—or nearly one-fifth of the total value of all U.S. stocks today.” (“Will Stock Buybacks Bite Back?“, Wall Street Journal)

Whatever the exact figure may be, we’re talking serious money here, something in the neighborhood of a half trillion dollars per year. And it’s all being used for the sole purpose of jacking stock price so voracious CEOs and their shareholders can make a killing. Not one dime of this money is going into expanding operations, hiring more employees, Research and Development or improving productivity. The lone objective of this farce is to inflate stock prices to Hindenburg proportions in order to line the pockets of filthy-rich one percenters.

And that’s just the half of it. The part I’ve left out is the part about how much debt these corporations are loading onto their balance sheets in order to feather their own nests. Take a look at this from Bloomberg:

“It’s official, using proceeds from debt sales to send cash to stockholders has never been more popular.

Standard & Poor’s 500 Index companies listed buybacks or dividends among the use of proceeds in $58 billion of bond deals in the past three months, the most on record, according to data compiled by Bloomberg and Sundial Capital Research Inc. More than $460 billion in repurchases were announced during the first five months of 2015, on pace to top last year’s record.” (“Debt Gone Wild” – Debt Funded Stock Buybacks Soar“, Advisor Perspectives)

$58 billion here, $58 billion there. Pretty soon you’re talking real money.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

The water turning left to right and vv can be explained when it comes to a flush toilet based on the 2 hemispheres of earth but the money markets seem to take on a up is the new down and down is up so that might explain why we see things looking bad where we live but the big boys at the top are telling us we are doing really good . The sheer job losses in Canada over the past while paints one picture of reality on the ground while the politicians are finding growth in negative numbers ....go figure eh .

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Other news report that Putin also implements psychological warfare into Turkey, by inviting Kurds in Geneva peace talks and that automatically is a kind of recognition of a Kurdish state within Turkey.
Putin have had a bad dream last night, he woke up angry.

So I take it as a phychological sanctions as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Nobody read the article? The thread title is plain wrong.

Putin estimated that currently 300 Turkish companies continue to work in Russia, carrying out contracts worth a total of around $50 billion. The total implementation of sanctions will create a total of 87,000 workplaces for Russians, the Russian President added.

In December the Russian Construction Minister Mikhail Men told Interfax that 53 Turkish companies will be among those for whom an exception to sanctions will be made as they are working on unique and important projects, such as constructing infrastructure for the FIFA 2018 World Cup.

So it´s not 300. It´s the number of active buisness in total.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Good.

In my opinion..Turkey are getting off lightly. Bad news for the average Turkish citizen, who have no control over what their corrupt government are up to, but thats par for the course these days.

And this is not just for the fighter and the dead pilot either...boosting / assisting ISIS and buying cheap stolen oil from them has a lot to do with it too.

edit on 26 1 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

plus providing digital infrastructure to ISIS...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Putin is really trying hard to kill off any Russian economy.

No, the West is doing that.

To the thread. Turkey is the one stirring the ME pot. Hosting NATO forces, providing a gateway for NATO subterfuge and guerrilla war in their ally Syria , threatening to block Russian ships access to the Mediterranean form the Black Sea thru the Dardanelles, buying Syrian oil illegally from ISIS and shooting down a russian aircraft not engaging Turkish forces.

Putin said he would make them pay for this, welcome to the real world, Turkey. You really think NATO has your back in the end?

Now go kill some more Kurds, schmucks.

link   

The price of oil has a huge impact on Russia. The developed world (all liberal economies) have economic diversity and are not reliant on one product. Russia has not developed their economy and are reliant on oil and gas. A 50% of Russia's economy is based on oil and gas.

Russia's economy is in free-fall due to the price of oil and the limited sanctions imposed due to their annexation of Crimea. The last thing the Russian people need is for Putin to act like they can easily apply sanctions to Turkey without a reciprocal impact.

link   
a reply to: verschickter

The title comes not from the english article, but from the turkish and my country Greece articles - announced the interruption of contracts with 300 companies within Russia.

My original topic was without the english press, I edit my topic later on. Maybe the english article published just before the interruption

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

And probably a whole host of reasons not broadcast by the MSM, during the anti-Putin which hunt that's been going on since the Ukraine situation began.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

If you still can edit it then.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

into what? "about to intercept".

EDIT : oK I did

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I bet on it. Certain security groups (NOT anon, lulz, etc) are furious about that btw. There´s a covert war going on between them and the digital fraction of ISIS. I´m waiting everyday for it to happen and it´s the reason I decided NOT to post my thread on ATS yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Do you know why Russia's national debt is so low? Because they defaulted in 1998 so they have almost no credit. What they have done is play a shell game making local governments fund social programs leaving them with a debt of 48 billion they can not pay. And the less said about the corporate debt of Russia's oil companies the better. In both these cases the Government will have to bail them out somehow. With the GDP shrinking 3.7%, the Ruble at a new all time low, retail sales dropping over 15% this year, industrial production dropping 4.5% last month alone, real wages fell 10% for the year and inflation up 13%.

And to make matters even worse Russia 2016 budget was based on oil being $50 a barrel and it is now at $30. With no credit Russia just has to cut that money some how. And a big mortgage crunch is coming. Banks in Russia were giving mortgage loans in US Dollars. With the crash of the Ruble monthly mortgage payments have exploded beyond what people can afford. When the Russian state media starts its news programs with, We are not panicking, you know things have gotten real real bad.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Nobody read the article? The thread title is plain wrong.

Of course they didn't. They see what they want, ignore facts and attack anything that looks remotely anti russian (which is a kremlin tactic they are using more and more to shift blame for the problems Putin created to an external boogyman).

@ the thread -
* - Russia is not a debt free nation so people should stop repeating that falsehood.
* - Russia's (Putin's) temper tantrum over Turkey is interesting because before Russia intentionally violated their airspace Putin viewed Turkey as best buds. So before the shoot down Russia couldn't care less about Turkish government actions and after the shoot down Putin is up in arms about everything Turkey is doing.

Funny - it did not bug Putin before....

* - The Russian economy is tanking because Putin relied solely on oil revenue, which accounts for the bulk of government revenues. Since Russia thinks the Soviet economic model works, they never diversified. Because they never diversified Russia fell waaayyy behind leaving inferior products that find it very difficult to compete with similar products from the west. This is evident with Russia meddling in Ukraine's EU trade agreements. Russia tried to get several thousand items removed from the list because Russia could not compete. The EU finally told Russia to piss off after Russia continually dragged their feet.

Sanctions on Russia are a result of Putin's arrogance / self importance and not because of anything the west has done. Putin lies about sanctions to drum up domestic support and this is accomplished by hiding / lying about their invasion of Ukraine from the Russian people. Without that fact Putin is able to tell the Russian people sanctions were in place in an effort to topple the Russian government (if the west was going to do that we would have exploited the collapse of the Soviet Union, which they didn't).

When Putin completely destroys Russia who will you guys blame then? The west? NATO? Turkey? Oh, nvm, you are already blaming them now.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

‘Russia would attack NATO only in mad person’s dream’ – Putin

www.rt.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join