It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tajikistan shaves 13,000 men's beards to end radicalism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Tajik ethnic group are also 'Persian' so Saudi is likely to want to isolate Iran from there if it can so its offering huge investment for their roads. One can see the Saudi tanks wobbling along once those nice highways are in.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: Spider879

This is probably aimed against Saudi with its trying to force wahabism through the mosques it likes to build in other people's country's.

I suspect also many Muslims are watching Saudi's actions in Yemen and wondering if they are likely to be next (although they may not be sitting on our David's best buddies table to get British help aimed at their countries - a somewhat deadly affair our help.

You will always get the odd warped personality who only feels happy when living the austere and trying to impose it on every one else.

Tajiks are mainly Sunnis right??
edit on 26-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think this is an indication of how serious the problem is..we are in reality very insulated from all this stuff despite all the fear mongering going on regarding North America.
On a side note my mom is married to a muslim man, great guy and him and mom agree radical Islam is one of the most serious threats to the world, in our world not so much but there most definitely, and obviously it spreads..especialy where life is hard.
Not sure they would agree with the actions though, I am going to ask.
edit on 26-1-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

LOL you a sick puppy :>)
:>( I feel ashamed but I cant help buy LMAO .

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The thing is Charlie, that Tajikistan is today, very much like Afghanistan was during the sixties.

Advancing, modernising slowly, and at a pace which many seem to be at least able to tolerate, if they are not quite over the moon about it. Furthermore, it is a place where there is not the same sort of sectarian nonsense as there is in some nations with similar backgrounds in the region.

However, I very much doubt that they have avoided the issues across the border in Afghanistan, by sitting there and saying "Well, there is no real answer to the spread of radicalisation. Because there is no answer, we had best take no action, and let what happens, happen."

If they did that, they would not be enjoying the sort of freedom from extremism that they have when compared with some of their regional neighbours. Evidently they have a methodology that works for them, and has done for some time. It must also be said that in Afghanistan, the mode of dress for Muslim gentlemen has changed somewhat over the years. Sure, there have always been traditional hats and gowns, but in the sixties a fellow could walk about in a very western suit and have no one bat an eyelid. Ladies would cover up, or not as they saw fit to the point where many used to walk about in miniskirts, ladies could work, and learn, and drive and all that other stuff. In fact, women in Afghanistan were given the vote BEFORE women in the US and only a year later than women in the UK!

It's only been since the invasion by Russia, the subsequent rise of the militancy to fight it (supplied, funded and ably assisted by US intelligence assets) that those rights began to be rolled back, and back and back to the point where Afghanistan is considered by many to be the worst place on the planet to be born female. This is NOT a product of culture, or a product of the national religion. The religious demography of Afghanistan has not changed drastically over the years, but the manner in which it is practiced certainly has. By an awfully big margin.

Now, the government of Tajikistan are looking across at all that, and thinking "Well...nope. I do not want that backwoods nonsense on my doorstep, thank you very much. I like my freedoms, and I am sure my wife does as well. I think screw that, and the horse it rode in on."

And one has to ask, if Muslim women were perfectly fine wandering about in miniskirts, with bare arms, hair flowing in the breeze in the sixties, then why do Afghan elements think it necessary to insist that everyone follow their example? If it is because they find it easier to control people they have oppressed, then it is perfectly obvious that trying to prevent what the government of Tajikistan see as a cultural backslide, inserted from across their borders, does not comprise a ban on cultural identity, but an effort to protect the culture they have from a very close neighbouring countries most predatory warlords and their insane dogma.

edit on 26-1-2016 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error removed.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Tajikistan is a kind of land locked geopolitical area that can easily be bypassed . Seems a extream measure to take but there may be a good reason . If the Jihadist start running and don't have the support of Gillette they might find themselves pulling their hair out .lol Sometimes its just a matter of wearing a badge to distinguish who's who on the ground .

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I dont think shaving beards will stop radicalisation, however banning the Religion could or banning the religious nutters could anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That would definitely cause a problem though, the secrecy would multiply and everything would be underground.

Proverbial rabbit's hole trying to enforce such a ban.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Now, if they simply "shaved" a few inches closer we'd have a start... a start to an end of radicalism, that is...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Many people don't realize just how much money Saudi Arabia has spent building mosques around the world and spreading their violent and misogynistic stone age belief system everywhere it can. Their stated goal is to take over the world in the name of Allah and everyone treats it as if it was just another religion.

Neither freedom nor democracy has a place in Islam because Islam means "submission".
Everyone is a slave of God. WooHoo!

What an aspiration to have, eh?
As a Westerner I have a tough time thinking that dying in the name of God is "winning" or doing anything worthwhile for that matter. The God I know would want each individual to express itself in as many ways as possible, not be constrained by a million taboos where the penalty may cost you a limb or more. I can't imagine a God that wants us to maim each other in it's (his/hers) name either.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

They probably know more about the issue than we do.

No they really do not. This place is about to fall apart. Crackdowns of opposition, assassination of political opponents, slashing of civil rights, along with handing China 1,100 square miles of territory to pay a debt without letting the population know has this place ready to explode. Even the Russian are telling them to chill out or they will have a revolt on their hands.

Radical groups had little support but, the latest actions by the government over the last year has changed that. The head of its special police unit took off an joined ISIS, its minister of defense tried a mutiny and the nation is now seething in discontent.

This place is going to blow. And the Russians are going to have to try and clean it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join