It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tajikistan shaves 13,000 men's beards to end radicalism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Yea the history is that those Christian were kicked out and moved to the new world. Alot of the accusations that it was a Christian crusade to take america is not entirely correct. Resources, land, and power manifest destiny

The railroad being a main incentive to relocate. am I making excuse for the destruction of the native Americans, no

Also, it was inevitable that the natives would encounter the diseases of city dwellers and small pox blankets is a lie

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Of course. What the video describes is the inevitable conclusion of current events. I would bet within a few decades all religious buildings such as churches and mosques will be unidentifiable from the outside. They will need to look like any other building, no bell towers, no minarets, and no tell-tale signs on people either. No crosses, no nun habits, no burka's, no odd little beards.

Adjust adjust and acclimate to the new world as our cultures dissolve around us -- out with the old and in with the new.

If it will give peace a chance........ I'll support it. Better boring than constant fighting and killing. Let us make accommodations to suit everybody! You never know who is going to drop by! The radical atheists will be happy too.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This kind of enforcement will only cause resentment and is the road to a choice between two sides. Neither one will back down so the inevitable looks likely.
I can't help wonder if that is the plan all along.

None of this gives me a good feeling.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I would bet within a few decades all religious buildings such as churches and mosques will be unidentifiable from the outside. They will need to look like any other building, no bell towers, no minarets, and no tell-tale signs on people either. No crosses, no nun habits, no burka's, no odd little beards.
Kind of what the Christian community looked like in the New Testament then

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Care to back your statement up with a source whose ownership has no ideological interest in showing white settlers to have been better than history makes out?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This is what Trump aims to do IMO, so lets ride this one out as a case study and see if it actually works?

edit on 1262016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Spider879

Welcome to Quebec Canada just north of the USA ...

Oh ferfuksakes throw in the towel.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Plenty of sources showing white settlers being a bunch of aholes, thats not my point. I don't need sources, I'm sure you're already aware of the history.

Like I pointed out, I'm not defending them

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Maybe it gives peole freedoms they only dreamed about before getting knocked back down like whack-a-mole.

The social outcome could be like the Berlin Wall falling, the real people were all for it!

Share a coke with Tajikstan... we are all americans in the inside....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I am aware of the history involving the blankets, and from what I understand there was indeed an effort to distribute same amongst native populations. So I ask again for a source absent political bias, which backs up your claim about the blankets never having been used as a biological weapon from yesteryear.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So you really think settlers had knowledge of biological warfare? Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude because I respect your opinion but I am quite skeptical

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They knew enough to know that if a healthy person laid in a sick persons bed, they would become sick themselves. They didn't have to know why. They also knew how to poison wells, knowledge which had existed for generations by that point. Again, show your work, if you believe in it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is very much worth paying attention to, how a majority Muslim country handles or tries to stifle radicalism at home.
Could be some very valuable lessons here for the EU and the entire Middle East for that matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Blaming beards for extremism is as ridiculous as blaming videos...

Amarite???

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think you are absolutely right. I also think that it will be easier to recognise elements from across the border, if locals have generally smaller facial hair.

What do you think would prevent the spread of radicalisation across the borders between Tajikistan and Afghanistan?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm not too savvy on the geopolitics of Tajikistan.
Obviously it would have to be more than just border control.

The answer to radicalisation, beyond education and better incentive than terrorism, is something that alludes me daily.

Takes one to know one, is apt in the case of terror...
And not being one, I couldn't even begin to understand what the allure is.

Aside from vengeance...
Which while tempting and sometimes justified, doesn't seem to fit the likes of ISIS et al.

If we break the question down, we're basically asking how do you take the hunger and mongering away from powerhungry warmongers?

And I'm stumped to be honest mate.
edit on 26-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Removed a word.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So you really think settlers had knowledge of biological warfare?
No not Joe six pack settler but there was the Jesuits that came in first to create what we have today . They never stopped and continue to this day, but wear suits and fly around the world . They create divisions and move societies where they choose ,using what ever works to do so .

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You'd be surprised how old bio-warfare is.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This is probably aimed against Saudi with its trying to force wahabism through the mosques it likes to build in other people's country's.

I suspect also many Muslims are watching Saudi's actions in Yemen and wondering if they are likely to be next (although they may not be sitting on our David's best buddies table to get British help aimed at their countries - a somewhat deadly affair our help.

You will always get the odd warped personality who only feels happy when living the austere and trying to impose it on every one else.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They should get those monobrows next.

*rimshot*

edit:

Then they could have a tv show, "Queer Eye For The Jihadi Guy".

I'm waiting for Bravo network to return my calls.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join