It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians feel 'hopeless' as government-sponsored refugees in Toronto, mother says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HushedNoLonger

Erm roads? Sure i heard they stop crime, somehow, I think. Oh, and some ammo for the satirical comedians. Oh and to keep us b@stards divided in all ways.

Which is exactly why, even on ATS, the right and the left fight over inconsequential differences, or maybe even important differences, but it stops us actually coming up with a well thought out resolution, rather it has us demonizing the other for points. I really appreciate your reply.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Bleeding hearts need to be tempered with functioning brains.

Good luck with that.
The bleeding hearts will cry for refugees to be brought in and cared for, the border to be open to all, but you don't hear a word about our own homeless and poor.

Enough of this sh.te. The refugees are not in any way responsible for the plight of "our own nationals". All western countries have had increasing problems with relative poverty amongst our own citizens. I say relative because some a-hole right wingers will come along and state that because they are not eating bread and gruel and dressed in sackcloth clothing they are not really poor....pathetic defense. Go back far enough and you are rich if you have a flint head spear for fecks sake....

I live in the UK and we have food banks. Their existence has NOTHING to do with refugees. Before the banking crisis (NOTHING to do with refugees) we only had food banks for the homeless. Not that that is something to be proud about. We are the 5/6th? largest economy on the planet we have homeless and hungry people. We have people WORKING but paid crap wages whilst the owners of the companies drive around in Mercs. It is obscene and immoral.

WE HAD HOMELESS PEOPLE AND POOR PEOPLE AND HUNGRY PEOPLE AND RAPE AND MURDER FOR DECADES BEFORE THE MIDDLE EAST EXODUS.

We keep voting for governments that perpetuate these problems (encouraged by the press) and pay no attention to people who wish to change things (hounded and derided by the press). DUH!!!!

But let's all be good 1930's Nazis and blame the immigrants and asylum seekers for all the problems just as the Jews were 80 years ago.

edit on 26/1/2016 by yorkshirelad because: clarification on swearing

edit on 26/1/2016 by yorkshirelad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, there may be a housing shortage, the market is driving prices through the proverbial roof. The bigger problem however, is there is a definite intelligence shortage coupled with an abundance of treason in Ottawa.

What I find obscene lately is the news. They show homeless people living in the streets under cardboard boxes and sleeping bags and then in the next little piece show refuges dressed to the nines in five bedroom houses. WTF is going on here?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I can't stop getting shivers reading that

We are pawns. Little pieces that they ship &
i read
We are prawns. Little pieces that they shrimp

edit on 27-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What is it with some people. Are your lives that bad that you begrudge a little sympathy and compassion to refugees, who have escaped a vicious civil war jumped into to crappy dingies as a safer option then travelled an entire continent been kicked from pillar to post. I mean how bad and miserable are your own lives that you are begrudging these people some help and comfort. You have my sympathy.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yorkshirelad
bobs_uruncle
woodwardjnr
Layaly

Thank you. I expected to find myself being crucified in this thread.
Really grateful for your functioning hearts & minds, lol.

www.msn.com...

The above link is actually entitled, : Canada-discriminates against children on reserves. (For those who were asking how our government treats our Native Canadians). It's disgusting.

jacy

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The problem is that we have kids and we would rather be outside in a settled house

REALLY, me too, I would like a house too, I work full time at a decent job and I have no debt yet I can't afford a "settled house" either. There expectations is way too high, Canada is not all puppies an rainbows to own a house these days.
Wow when they get off the government assistance and go work for minimum wage because of the language issue their going to find out you can't afford a house even working full-time. They will be assigned low income housing which is apartment type living.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: mobiusmale

Is there a housing shortage in Canada? Just curious.

Not yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What is it with some people. Are your lives that bad that you begrudge a little sympathy and compassion to refugees, who have escaped a vicious civil war jumped into to crappy dingies as a safer option then travelled an entire continent been kicked from pillar to post. I mean how bad and miserable are your own lives that you are begrudging these people some help and comfort. You have my sympathy.

Do you live in a cave? I have friends all over europe and they are telling me this refuge #e is turning into a living hell. Sweden wants to send back 80,000 of them allegedly. Denmark is apparently also getting on the bandwagon. I have no problem helping other people, but not when it hurts all of us. I guess it's not enough that we have have a bunch of treasonous and corrupt asshats making these decisions.

In Canada, our stupid f*ing closet muslim, justin trudeau, wants us to spend almost a billion dollars on "support" for muslim refugees brought into canada without approval or referendum. We are supposed to go into even more debt so we can have the same problems as sweden or any other european country and then go even more into debt to send them back? I think not. It's cheaper to fix the problems in their countries than bring them here.

It's even stupider than all that, as it's our politicians and the corpratocracy that created the problems in the countries producing all the refugees in the first place. It's cyclic idiocy.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Re the political problems created in ottawa or less-than-great britain for the last 500 years, is obscene. How these retards in ottawa can babble about refugees and crappy governments elsewhere escapes me. All they have to do is look in their own backyards to see the treason, corruption and issues that need attending to, FIRST. And believe me, I have experience with government idiots including the ambassador class(less). People like Adrian Brazeau who would through inaction, negligence, cowardice or just good ole fashioned stupidity, give up a woman and two kids to be killed in a hostile place, rather than actually do something constructive like get them the hell out. After all, they were just Canadian, but I realize that's a dirty word among the scumbags in ottawa.

I am of the opinion that our present and past crop of politicians are vile little parasites and value-less to the people they supposedly represent (it sure as hell ain't all of us).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I heard today that Canada is making someone homeless, who suffered a heart attack and was living in a hotel because he lost his apartment, because they are moving refugees into that hotel. So the hotel kicked that guy to the curb, told him to pack up and go, even though he has been paying for his room. He was living in that hotel with his wife and child after having some problems... now they booting them all onto the street so refugees can have the room. www.thestar.com...

That is insane! A refugee needs care, so who cares about your own people? That is taking the bleeding heart thing way too far. Let a Canadian baby sleep on the street so a refugee can have its home..
edit on 29-1-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Let a Canadian baby sleep on the street so a refugee can have its home..

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I understand the whole "walk a mile in their shoes" thing. I also understand that MOST i the refugees are victims of things out of their control, they have been lied to etc. If I was forced to flee my country to save my family, and another country took me in, gave me a roof, food, safety. I would NEVER ever complain about it. I would be so grateful to have a full belly and a safe roof over my head temporary or permanent. I would be trying to "earn my keep" in some way because thats how I was raised and let's face it my "keep" isn't cheap!

Now put yourself in an average Albertans shoes right now. I lost my job, because of the cost of living I have very little if any money saved so its only a matter of time before I can't pay my bills or feed my family and lose everything including my roof. The situation is the same for nearly everyone around me so things like community help and the food bank are stretched so thin they are very little help. The crime rate is up. Domestic violence is up. Suicide is up. Divorce is up. There are few jobs available and everyone is fighting over them. The ones that are lucky are crammed into a church basement with 100 other people. The ones that are not so lucky are literally digging food out of dumpsters to feed their children. Forced to live on the street. All the while hearing stories of how the government has so graciously brought in tens of thousands of people. They have been given food and shelter and clothes and wedding receptions and gifts and and and, at no cost to them. We are going further into debt for them and for many it's still not good enough. I understand there are a lot of humans that need help right now all over the world. But when you live in a 1st world country and are living on the streets or know someone that is, while everyone rushes past you to save these people from a foreign land and you hear stories of them rejecting food or receiving huge donations or complaining about everything that has been given to them its a really really hard pill to swallow. I am a bleeding heart, but my heart bleeds for my people first.

Sorry rant over.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join