It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files are re-opened.... what other tv-series would you like to see return.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Firefly

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I would also like to see a Star Trek franchise that does not get everything horridly wrong from the outset, namely by being a prequel to Star Trek: The Original Series. Yes, I am talking about Enterprise, with Scott Bakula and Co.

I want to see a Star Trek Franchise, which goes ever further forward, beyond Voyager, maybe a full thousand years forward from that point. I want to see a Star Trek franchise which moves the plot forward, instead of re writing it, or adding fluff to stuff the already cannon clogged history of it. The future of the future, that is what I want to see in a Star Trek franchise.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xitap
Twin Peaks would be awesome to be on air again. Also i would like 4400 and The Event...

Twin peaks is coming back in 2017. There's a teaser trailer for it floating around. Definitely one of the most genuinely scary and original shows ever on TV.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Millennium
The Wire
Hannibal
Dark Skies

Most def Dark skies
And Stargate
Forgot Battle Star Galatica the ending begs for more.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Firely for me too but I know that's never gonna happen
Deadwood
Coppers
all good

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
oh man how I loved the X-Files. Im so happy they brought it back, Im loving it so much. Jeeeez what other shows could they bring back? I would love to see a re-do of Manimal, that one was pretty cool, with all the different animals the guy could turn into. Automan would be another good re-do, especially with how far computer technology has come since the mid 80's. And probably Real American Hero, I would like to see a re-do on that, though a lot of super hero shows have been played to death recently. I'm an 80' buff if you couldn't tell?
I would like to add that a re-do would be the way to go with the shows I mentioned, but hell, even bringing them back in the same universe with a new twist and cast would be fine as well.

edit on 26/1/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

BRING BACK UTOPIA!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Defying gravity?

I think that was the name. Ron Livingston was in it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'd more prefer original content instead of rehashing nostalgia all the time...

ETA: I mean seriously, nostalgia is what helped kill the movie industry and you guys are advocating doing it to the tv industry when tv show production is at one of its highest ever...
edit on 26-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
A post "Voyager" star trek series.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'd like to see Jericho return

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Breaking Bad.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Voltron

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
babylon 5 would be great

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Kyle XY.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nostaglia is a necessary part of life. Do you not have fond memories of your youth, teenage years, etc? Ever reminisce?

Nostalgia.

(And a remake of The Brady Bunch would be a bad thing.)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Surface!

I am still upset they cancelled that show.

Been hanging for 11 years now......

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Yes, but you know what I do when I want to experience that nostalgia? I go watch the original content. Too many times does stuff made based on nostalgia turn out to be worse than the original content. Why let yourselves be burned all the time? Rose colored nostalgia glasses are hard to see around.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I see the nostalgia trend to be one of the biggest contributors to the crappy arts & entertainment of our times.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree with you on rehashing on shows, I would much rather see new ideas.
The only thing I want is for shows to have an ending and not stop in the middle of a story.
Firefly made a movie to finish the series.
defying gravity left us hanging.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea, that is a sad part about how shows used to be. Just have them run as long as possible until cancellation, but newer shows are starting to be written with a clear ending in mind, so that's better.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join