It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Who Are Planning To Vote For Trump Would Never Admit It In A Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
So trump says he could go into the street and potentially murder someone and his followers will still vote for him.

Says a lot about his supporters.

Trump basicaly, no ACTUALY insulted his own supporters by calling them dumb sheep and they still support him.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Gotta keep up the morale.

You mean the homeless trump

Or the loose immoral woman trump

No offense, but I have no clue what you're talking about. Could you elaborate?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Most People Who Are Planning To Vote For Trump Would Never Admit It In A Poll

And you know who you are. Its an odd sort of "contrariness" that has overtaken the nation.
His supporters mischeivious determination is infectious with a slightly naughty feel. I get it.

So, you have made an assumptive jump; tagging an untold number of complete strangers... people you don't and likely will never know, based on political views.

How... nice.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So if Trump doesn't get elected, can we finally put the "silent majority" myth to rest? Or it will be dragged out and put on display every time the Republicans feel like they are underdogs in a Presidential race?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So if Trump doesn't get elected, can we finally put the "silent majority" myth to rest? Or it will be dragged out and put on display every time the Republicans feel like they are underdogs in a Presidential race?

Nope. It's like that phrase "The South Will Rise Again". They'll never let it go because too many of them still believe they're the only "real Americans". So it won't matter how badly their candidate gets crushed. They'll still keep overlooking & diminishing our successes, all while ignoring the changing demographics and public opinion from the growing number of "un-American" citizens.

Edit: I was saying "nope" to the first question, on whether it will be put to rest.
edit on 26-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarification

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You know its interesting that all these rationalizations are needed to reinforce the idea that these unelectable candidates are going to be elected, when logic would say that the problem would lie within their policies and rhetoric. I mean I don't need rationalizations to support Sanders. I use data and polling instead. But even now I'm not convinced he'll beat Clinton for the nomination. But then again I try to search for information outside of my approved bubble.

Edit: I was saying "nope" to the first question, on whether it will be put to rest.

I gotcha.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree w/everything you said. I haven't been quiet about my disdain for Hillary, but I acknowledge that it's going to be a brutal fight. Bernie isn't just going against Hillary; he's going against the entire Democratic establishment too. Even leadership who claimed they were for single payer before are now claiming it isn't feasible. I believe it's because they were simply giving lip service to most progressive ideals before, knowing they'd never have to put those words into practice.

As for the far right wing & Trump's base... (Sigh) The best way I can put it is to remind you that they've been fighting this same battle since the Civil War. They simply don't believe in giving up or surrendering. Even after they lost the Civil War, they turned around and passed the Black Codes. This pissed the Northern leaders off so much, they retaliated with the 14th Amendment, stripped many Southerners of the right to vote & run for office, and occupied the South during Reconstruction.

And the far right still didn't give up. The KKK, Red Shirts & White League pushed the "Redeemers" political movement which ended Reconstruction and imposed the Jim Crow Laws (the name was to "redeem" themselves). And don't forget other gems like the Chinese Exclusion Act. And how they were against Irish immigration & Jewish immigration before & during WW2. In fact, here are 2 paragraphs of an article that get this point across:

Anti-Semitism fueled by the Depression and by demagogues like the radio priest Charles Coughlin influenced immigration policy. In 1939 pollsters found that 53 percent of those interviewed agreed with the statement "Jews are different and should be restricted." Between 1933 and 1945 the United States took in only 132,000 Jewish refugees, only ten percent of the quota allowed by law.

Reflecting a nasty strain of anti-Semitism, Congress in 1939 refused to raise immigration quotas to admit 20,000 Jewish children fleeing Nazi oppression. As the wife of the U.S. Commissioner of Immigration remarked at a cocktail party, "20,000 children would all too soon grow up to be 20,000 ugly adults." Instead of relaxing immigration quotas, American officials worked in vain to persuade Latin American countries and Great Britain to admit Jewish refugees. In January 1944, Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, as the only Jew in the Cabinet, presented the President with a "Report to the Secretary on the Acquiescence of this Government in the Murder of the Jews." Shamed into action, Roosevelt created the War Refugee Board, which, in turn, set up refugee camps in Italy, North Africa, and the United States.

Immigration Policy in World War II

Now tell me that doesn't sound familiar.
(As for the website above, I had to put the entire URL into google to see the article. It was originally behind a pay wall)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You aren't telling me anything I don't know. I lived in the South for a bit while growing up. I know ALL about the mentality that you are speaking about. Because of that stint in the South, I know more about the Civil War than any other point in history.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Polls and rallies are all well and good but at the end of the day, pretty much nobody in their right mind is going to vote for Trump. The guy is just too toxic. I do not believe the nation as a whole, even factoring in the imbecile element would be so self destructive.

The funniest part is that the republicans think even any one of their jokers including the Trumpet have a chance of winning the presidency.

Forget it pal. The republican party's cover is blown. We know now what they are all about. Let them have their little circus. It's going nowhere.

Honestly, any organization with the arrogance and high self-opinion to call itself the 'Grand old party' really has to go. This is not a business. We do not exist to allow these ghouls to endlessly rob us blind and lord over every aspect of our lives whilst dancing to whatever tunes the corporations play. They do not give a monkeys about public welfare or the economy, much less our children's future.

I'll vote for whoever the dems throw up, it could be Charlie Manson for all I care. Would still be preferable over any of those GOP clowns. I think a lot of folk feel this way. They just won't say it. Yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think we all know what is really going to happen on election day.

We'll go into the booth think about all of the jokes that we can laugh at during the Trump years and then swallow our immaturity and vote for Sanders.

Then later on that night we learn that somehow Clinton has won.

Life goes on. Walmart's gun sales go up.

Maybe Cannabis gets legalized, maybe it doesn't. Either way, we smoke up and move on with our lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
In conversations I have had, quite a few people state they like the idea of Trump as a president.

Most of these are people who will vote for who ever the Reps roll out though. People who want the government to not spend money on other people but do spend it on them and keep the military attacking anyone who does not see the world their way.
edit on 1/26/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Democrats created the KKK by the way. Some of you need a history lesson. Somehow the racist "Dixiecrats" alive until the 70's have been transformed into LGBT and minority loving folks.

The reinforce the OP, it has already been proven that Trump gets better numbers when it is an online or non-interactive polling process. If it is a phone conversation he polls worse.

Why? Because if people state they like him they have to deal with a barrage of 'are you stupid' or 'how could you' or ' he is nothing but a reality star' when in fact many are simply making a choice.

People are not going to 'wake up' and vote for Sanders. He is to far left. He has politics that may work for a small town but not a nation. You will see more people who are undecided vote for someone that you would not expect. You are talking about 40% of all voters.

The fact Bloomberg stepped in, someone who would take votes from Bern or HIll, should reinforce where the country is leaning.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

How can you possibly know or support that statement? Most people wont admit it, yet somehow you know this to be true...?!

Clairvoyant? Psychic? OR Just a wild guess based on your own opinion?
I learned it from the same place that I learned that 99 percent of statistics are completely made up on the spot. Or are they?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sorry darlin I abused your comment

I always thought tramp was spelled trump .. I think someone was in a need for little uplifting here ..totally of topic

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Somehow the racist "Dixiecrats" alive until the 70's have been transformed into LGBT and minority loving folks.

I believe those Dixiecrats have become the republican party in the South.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Their children may have definitely. It has changed. But there are some, unfortunately, still those racist bastards kicking around who do not like the current pattern of the Democratic Party.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

LOL I don't think I'm the one who needs the history lesson. It's funny that you don't mention what caused the racist Dems to "transform" into the "LGBT and minority loving folks", as you put it. So let me explain it.

The Democrats were definitely the racist conservatives until the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. The conservative Democrats in the Southeast rejected the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and the other Great Society programs. They'd even fought against the Civil Rights Movement with anti-integration policies like the "Massive Resistance". And they were also against the Supreme Court case Loving v Virginia in 1967, which ended the bans on interracial marriage which were enshrined in many Southern States constitutions). So the conservatives switched to the Republican Party, while minorities & liberals switched over to the Democratic Party.

1964 Presidential candidate Barry Goldwater won his home state of Arizona and five states in the Deep South, depicted in red. The Southern states, traditionally Democratic up to that time, voted Republican primarily as a statement of opposition to the Civil Rights Act, which had been passed in Congress earlier that year. Capturing 61.1% of the popular vote and 486 electors, Johnson won in a landslide. Note that Texas went to Johnson as he was its favorite son.

Southern Strategy

Nixon and Atwater launched the "Southern Strategy" to shore up the Southern conservative votes for the Republican Party, and the rest is history. The "Southern Strategy" is still being used today, by the way. Oh & it was former Confederate soldiers who started the KKK.

And nope, I'll stick to the fact that Trump will get crushed in the general election. The "silent majority" narrative only applies to the right wing. People thought this "silent majority" was going to oppose Senator and then President Obama in 2008 and 2012, too. But nope, he won by landslides! LOL Far right wing rhetoric only works in Republican primaries.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

Sorry darlin I abused your comment

I always thought tramp was spelled trump .. I think someone was in a need for little uplifting here ..totally of topic

No worries. I was a bit confused & thought it was a reference to a political scandal or quote that I'd missed.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
LOL Far right wing rhetoric only works in Republican primaries.

WHAT!?! But but the right always says that its because they weren't "far right" enough!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I have no worries supporting Trump. He says the facts as they stand, and he stands for what he says and takes the hits for that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join