It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Who Are Planning To Vote For Trump Would Never Admit It In A Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Simply because they know how crazy it sounds. And you know who you are. Its an odd sort of "contrariness" that has overtaken the nation. As the Donald said...he could shoot someone in the middle of Time Square and not lose any votes. His supporters mischeivious determination is infectious with a slightly naughty feel. I get it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Simply because they know how crazy it sounds. And you know who you are. Its an odd sort of "contrariness" that has overtaken the nation. As the Donald said...he could shoot someone in the middle of Time Square and not lose any votes. His supporters mischeivious determination is infectious with a slightly naughty feel. I get it.

I am not sure I get it. Use one's vote to be 'naughty' or 'oddly contrary' ? I am not following.
edit on 26-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's the same idea as voting for Clinton or Sanders just from the other direction.

Or any of the clowns being paraded around in front of us.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: reldra

It's the same idea as voting for Clinton or Sanders just from the other direction.

Or any of the clowns being paraded around in front of us.

I hope Sanders gets the nomination. It is not out of 'contrariness' or 'naughtiness' and I say it, I don't hide it.

So, not the same idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

How can you possibly know or support that statement? Most people wont admit it, yet somehow you know this to be true...?!

Clairvoyant? Psychic? OR Just a wild guess based on your own opinion?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This is a load of crap. An exceedingly small infinitesimally unnoticeable minority of people maybe, but most is a ridiculous statement.
edit on 1/26/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ah. The stealth voters.
Act all sneaky and make it look like your favorite candidate has less popularity than he really does. Then, BAM!

Makes a ton of sense to me. It would also be a good idea to discourage people from attending his rallies because that would also indicate more popularity. Then, BAM!

edit on 1/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Totally. I also order the wrong things at restaurants and pay for them. Suckers...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I actually agree with what your saying. There was a brief moment where I was considering Trump as an option myself but would never admit it. I'm still admittedly in the fence to be 100% honest, although I don't fully understand the pull he has on me. I can guarantee he won't get my vote, but I can understand the social stigmatism attached to Trump supporters. I've talked to a few others of whom I've discovered a hidden support for Trump as well. I chalk it up to the media spin on Trump. Either way, regardless of the sarcastic naysayers in this thread, I see what you're saying and can personally attest to its accuracy, to a locallized extent of course.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

How can you possibly know or support that statement? Most people wont admit it, yet somehow you know this to be true...?!

Clairvoyant? Psychic? OR Just a wild guess based on your own opinion?

It's part of that whole "silent majority" narrative. They want to feel like they're a part of something greater than they are, so they push the myth that they are actually stronger than they appear. Plus, it helps them diminish the appeal of other candidates by pretending their support isn't real. Gotta keep up the morale.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I am not voting for trump!

Or am I?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Most people who vote for a president don't get to vote and no one will admit it

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Gotta keep up the morale.

You mean the homeless trump

Or the loose immoral woman trump

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The statement sounds plausible, because this factor has been operating in British politics for years.
National polls would tend to underestimate the Conservative vote, in comparison with what actually happened at the elections, with 1970 as a classic example. The natural inference was that potential Conservative voters were concealing their intentions from the pollsters. Left-wing activists kept pushing the idea that it was shameful to be Conservative, and this was the result.
I understand that the pollsters of more recent decades have been adjusting their figures to allow for that possibility.

edit on 26-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

And the winner is ............... the same crap, different day, bigger pile, smaller shovel.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I've been wondering about that... Haven't met a overt Trump supporter yet, so how is it they are said to be so numerous?

But I know that here in France there are supporters of Le Pen and the Front National that are being secretive about it. I personally know a couple people closely who are planning on voting for them, but don't admit it to their closest family members.

Why? It seems to me, in talking with them, that it is the result of a basic feeling of desperation, that there is no inspiring candidates, there is only the possibility of choosing the lesser evil, which leaves them somewhat less willing to acknowledge and accept responsibility for the outcome.
Seeing as how those who had overt hope for Obama have to listen to blame on their heads for everything under the sun, those throwing those accusations (in particular) do not want to end up on the other end of that phenomenon. Trying to dodge karma.....

Though that doesn't quite explain being willing to admit it in polls which are anonymous- in this situation I am comparing with, (the FN and Le Pen) the individuals I know are still sort of fighting a weird internal ambivalence, in which not admitting to others officially feels like they are putting off the choice- if they don't say it outloud, they might still change their mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So trump says he could go into the street and potentially murder someone and his followers will still vote for him.

Says a lot about his supporters.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I kind of agree with you,there were a lot of my friends in the U.K. that were voting UKIP but kept it on the down low as the Government media propaganda does a fine job of putting labels on groups that are not establishment puppets.
I am not a voter as i believe all the votes are rigged but if push came to shove i would vote Trump.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

If he gets elected I will never look at my people the same. They better vote responsibly or not at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

If he gets elected I will never look at my people the same. They better vote responsibly or not at all.

I really you my borthers and sisters across the pond vote responsibly too. The UK may be laughing at Trump but we wont be lauging at what he will do to the USA and thats not "make America Great again".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join