It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows 18-Year-Old Ted Cruz Joking About World Domination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

A video posted to YouTube Saturday shows an 18-year-old Ted Cruz sarcastically joking about world domination.

“Take over the world, world domination, you know, rule everything,” Cruz says when asked about his aspirations. "Rich, powerful, that sort of stuff." The footage was taken in 1988, according to the video's YouTube description, while Cruz was attending Second Baptist School in Houston.

The clip was posted by a user named Young Ted Cruz, who told Politico he obtained the video from a classmate of Cruz's who wished to remain anonymous. It surfaced online less than 10 days before the Iowa caucuses, where Cruz is a lead contender along with real estate mogul Donald Trump.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now he was 18 at the time folks, some guys at that age sometimes have delusions of grandeur but hay this is kinda creepy now that he have achieved wealth alot of power, and is in line to achieve even more power, world domination?? is a possibility.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I said ALOT of of stuff at 18. As most people do.

Hell maybe it would have been better if he was part of the choom gang, and had a D by his name.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I said ALOT of of stuff at 18. As most people do.

Hell maybe it would have been better if he was part of the choom gang, and had a D by his name.

But have you came within reach of a lot of off the cuff things you said as a kid.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video, but did he say this in the month of January? Not that it matters, would just make it a little funnier, that's all.

I'm sure a good amount of us on this board have dreamed of World Domination at some point in our lives and probably even stated to a friend. But you'd have to be a real wack job and have a personal vendetta against someone based off a statement to prevent that person from attaining any of their goals.

After all we have a Constitution and 3 branches of government to make sure no one person becomes too powerful.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Choom gang? wassat?
A D in his name?. Huh?? I thought this thread was about Cruz.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
relevant

...18 years old. I would be more worried about some 18 year old not thinking they would make an awesome overlord

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
I didn't watch the video, but did he say this in the month of January? Not that it matters, would just make it a little funnier, that's all.

I'm sure a good amount of us on this board have dreamed of World Domination at some point in our lives and probably even stated to a friend. But you'd have to be a real wack job and have a personal vendetta against someone based off a statement to prevent that person from attaining any of their goals.

After all we have a Constitution and 3 branches of government to make sure no one person becomes too powerful.

True but wouldn't this make great fodder for a conspiracy site, off course he was kidding??..and even if the was just half kidding you have to respect his single mindedness , long term planning and vision , I think Obama said something similar about becoming POTUS when he was a kid, not sure though...btw loved the response his dad gave about him wanting to dominate the world.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: neo96

Choom gang? wassat?
A D in his name?. Huh?? I thought this thread was about Cruz.

Obama smoking mad blunts with his buds called the Choom gang back in Hawaii as a kid.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

On so many levels.
Oh,,,,,so,,,,,many

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879Thanks spider. I should have known it was an Obama deflection.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 26 Jan 2016 01:16:07 -0600Tue, 26 Jan 2016 01:16:07 -060016012016-01-26T01:16:07-06:00100000016 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Reminds of the Brain..

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Glad nobody put a camera on me at 18, I would've been strapped to a rocket and fired into the sun for some of the dumb crap I thought, said and did.

I wonder what percentage of campaign contributions goes towards hunting down obscure random dirt like this.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Now he was 18 at the time folks, some guys at that age sometimes have delusions of grandeur but hay this is kinda creepy now that he have achieved wealth alot of power, and is in line to achieve even more power, world domination?? is a possibility.

If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.
Various variations thereof.

I guess he's heartless but has a brain?

edit on 1/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
That was when he was 18 , but what about his dad 3yrs ago...It maybe more than something a kid says. .disinfo.com...

edit on 26-1-2016 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
That was when he was 18 , but what about his dad 3yrs ago...It maybe more than something a kid says. .disinfo.com...

Ted Cruz’s Father Preaches That His Son Is An “Anointed King” Who Will Bring The “End Time Transfer Of Wealth
disinfo.com...

Yiikes!!! that's some scary shhiiiut your month. he really did say that??..

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Just as annoying back then...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm completely against Cruz. Can't stand anything about him, even down to petty things like his con-artist smirk & whiny voice. But with that in mind, I can't fault him for this. I was actively trying to take over the world until my mid-20s. And I said much worse things back then (cough cough underground rap industry cough). I'm pretty sure any random sample of teenage dudes will say similar things now if given the chance.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I never dreamed about world domination, I dream about being an Astronaut or a star traveler star trek style.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Sorry, maybe I should've said "any overly ambitious and slightly sociopathic teenagers". The closest people I had to childhood "idols" were some of history's biggest conquerors. All throughout high school, I was virtually obsessed with Hannibal, Alexander, Napoleon, Genghis Khan, Hulagu Khan, Timur-i-link/Tamerlane, etc. Then it switched to business moguls & powerbrokers who gained that same level of power through cunning.

In fact, I looked up to Napoleon all the way until the 2003 Iraq Invasion. I'd read plenty of accounts of how the people of France were tired of war but he'd ignore their pleas. But it all was just a game to me until I saw it for myself in the buildup to the Iraq War. And when CNN broadcast the "Shock & Awe" bombardments of Iraq, something snapped in me. I literally cried tears of rage. That's probably the moment when I became a pacifist and started completely despising war & everyone who enjoyed it.

That's also when I started focusing on revolutionaries. I'd studied many of them before, but I thought they were weak at the time. After all, I pretty much wanted to become a dictator lol. So how could someone be a "fighter" when their opponent had all the weapons? But after my massive internal shift, I started understanding them much better & I've been an "activist" ever since.

Hmm,.. On second thought, maybe only crazy teens think like that?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And ironically I was the one who joined the Navy and went to war , however joining the Navy was my wish to explore exotic places a ship would substitute for the star ship USS Enterprise .
Which reminds me of this horrible but humorous saying.
Join the navy see the world,visit strange and beautiful places peopled with representatives of ancient, unique and exotic cultures..AND KILL THEM! ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join