It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting teeth back after they've gone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I recently read an article about how in the very near future they will be able to replace a persons tooth/teeth if theyve lost them permanently by growing them to the first stage and then implanting them into the persons gums, After reading this I think that once this becomes widespread people might want exotic teeth, such as fangs that are real, I'm curious to know what everyone thinks about growing teeth and if they could get exotic teeth would they, personaly I'd get cat fangs.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
That's interesting, could be helpful.

Troy

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would get teeth different from my own, but nothing like a fang, LOL thats so stupid. What doesn't make sense to me, is they already have implants. So whats the difference if it is real bone/tooth or ceramic?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i know someone that this would help a lot. she's in her early twenties and, no matter how diligently she cares for her teeth, they are just genetically bad. it sucks to be 22 and to have to go in for dentures. i could only imagine how confident this would make her feel for the big reason that (though since they are genetically identical, they'd eventually "go bad" too) they'd be her own teeth.

would you rather have something foreign and dead implanted in your gums, or a real, living tooth?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Bleh, I have come to suck your blood.

Troy

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Interesting, but I have to say something about this as it is a concern for me now. I was born with crooked teeth, and my parents never instilled any hygene so far as brushing was concerned. Because of this, I generally did not care about my teeth because of a bad self image. Because they looked bad anyways, I never wanted to brush because they were still crooked. I even had braces, which straightened them, but due to a worhtless orthodontist, they all moved back within 5 years due to overcrowding. My philosophy always has been that eventually I will just rid myself of natural teeth and get implants or dentures. I just learned my dad has had dentures since he was about 20 Years old, probably because his teeth were hopeless. Now I know where I got my crooked teeth from!

Anyway, I find it neat that they could grow teeth and implant them, but as everyone knows, nerves cannot be repaired or implanted and they are a vital part of the tooth. Every tooth, for anyone who has had a toothache, has a nerve which runs into it through the root. This nerve does not only sense pain, but is part of the feedback system which tells the body if their is infection. The pain one feels in a toothache, is a late stage of danger that you have let your teeth go too far. Without this nerve, most people teeth would probably rot away without any type of concern from the individual.

How are they to implant natural teeth without connecting a nerve and a blood supply to the tooth? This seems a little far fetched for our current technology.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I read about this too in a UK newspaper and from what I can remember the implant is just a small plug of some sort that goes in the gum and then your original tooth grows back where it once was. Fascinating. The news paper was making the point that false teeth will be a thing of the past in the near future. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ben, In the tooth growing process there are three steps, the first step is not yet connected to a nerve, nor is there a nerv for it, they implnt a first step version, it then grows the tissue and nerves needed.

Ycon, Because natural tends to be better than artificial.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
I would get teeth different from my own, but nothing like a fang, LOL thats so stupid.

You better not tell that to an ape cause they have 3 inch fangs

Bode

[edit on 1/13/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Originally posted by Ycon
I would get teeth different from my own, but nothing like a fang, LOL thats so stupid.

You better not tell that to an ape cause they have 3 inch fangs

Nor should you say it to someone who does want fangs, because it's rude.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
[edit on 1/16/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Take good care of your teeth to begin with & you won't have to worry about losing your teeth.

Once they're gone, they stay gone!

I feel sorry for those adults who have small teeth. They look like they have child size teeth.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think in a short period of time. You will be able to implant teeth at home. also be able to repair damage and decayed teeth at home, using nano-technology.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Take good care of your teeth to begin with & you won't have to worry about losing your teeth.

Once they're gone, they stay gone!

I feel sorry for those adults who have small teeth. They look like they have child size teeth.

Unfortunetly some people inherit bad genes and cant seem to keep their teeth in good shape regardless of how well they take care of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That is sweet.

I know many people who have lost their teeth due to injuries, this would be real helpful for them.

Also helpful for old people. Those old people from now on can eat anything they want, of coure there would be digestion problems but that is different.

Getting fang kind of teeth is pure dangerous. The last thing we want is a serial killer dracula.

Surf

top topics

join