It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The draft is slavery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Also, since you ignored my third point... can I assume that you are FOR slavery in the here and now... NOT in the hypothetical you raised in the OP?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
If you are for any kind of draft(including universal,) then you are. If you don't agree, prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: TerryDon79
So you made points to counter my argument, that didn't counter my argument?

Because your points for what being a slave is is minuscule. You missed off some major points that defines what a slave actually is.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
I have no idea what you're talking about. It's illogical to assume that since I ignored your off-topic remark, that I am for slavery. I am against taxation, but that's off topic.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So you disagree with premise one. Okay, refute it. What is the correct definition for slavery?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

One of the conditions of being a United States citizen is signing up for selective service. Every citizen has the choice to renounce their citizenship.

By remaining a citizen, you freely accept the condition that you sign up for selective service.

No, it's not slavery. It's a civic responsibility taken on freely by being and remaining a United States citizen.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

bah yes i agree with you. when my mind jumps the gun, i know i need rest.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
Every citizen? So a two year old can renounce citizenship? I'm trying to get you to speak precisely here. So you disagree with premise two?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113
Join the fray then, it's currently three against one haha.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So you disagree with premise one. Okay, refute it. What is the correct definition for slavery?

The first one is this.

(Especially in the past) a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them

oxford dictionary

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Every citizen? So a two year old can renounce citizenship? I'm trying to get you to speak precisely here. So you disagree with premise two?

A two year old isn't required to sign up for selective service now are they?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You said EVERY citizen.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
although id be careful about defining slave. there is a difference between human property and an american slave. an american slave is property, so yes you argument is sound, but slaves were treated a certain way by whites, so draftees may not be treated like american slaves, doesn't mean they couldn't of course, but i agree with you. as property the state could do with you whatever they want.

if the state can order you to die, then everything else they could do with you is justifiable. that's probably why no one likes the draft.
edit on 25-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You said EVERY citizen.

You're grasping for straws now.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That isn't the correct definition of slavery.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not at all, just asking that you speak more precisely. Which premise(s) do you disagree with?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That isn't the correct definition of slavery.

That is one of the definitions. And that's the Oxford Dictionary, not me, saying that.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That's called an "appeal to authority" fallacy, my good fellow. The definition is incorrect.

edit on 25-1-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
in fact nazi german made children fight against the allies, so it is possible for a state to force anyone to fight under a draft, they just don't make 2 year old fight because they cant point a gun.

i dont believe the US is capable of that but making anyone fight is unethical in my opinion. in the case of ww2, it was literally us or them considering how close the SS came to atomic power, but i dont think anyone was made to fight really, people were lining up around blocks to get some nazi arse.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That's called an "appeal to authority" fallacy, my good fellow. The definition is incorrect.

Are you kidding? It is the Internet so I can't tell sarcasm through text. If you're not kidding then I have nothing more to say as your idea of slavery is flawed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join