It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon standoff: Grant County sheriff urges release of Hammonds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I wouldn't care what they thought if it was a cause I truly believed in then the cause would be more important.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

SF Great update.

BURNS – Leaders of the armed protesters holding the national bird sanctuary on Tuesday plan to push their anti-government agenda in Grant County, whose sheriff recommends the government give in to two of their key demands.

www.oregonlive.com...

So now the militia is anti-government according to this writer.

The militia is not anti-government by any means, they are against corrupt governments who abuse their power.

I find it really interesting how the writer attacks the militia by demonizing them right away.

Perhaps the writer doesn't understand the Constitutions, or he sides with corrupt powers because they pay him well to label these patriotic men as some kind of Terrorist.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Good catch.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yet One, when their claim is in support of the 'little guy' and the 'little guys' say "go home" is this not underhanded?
Is this not lying? Are they not proving themselves to be 'underhanded liars?

Were this a community revolt it would be one thing, and one I would support. I agree that the Hammond's should not be sent back to jail. But this insurrection is not being fomented locally. It has been instigated by "outside agitators' who thought that they would find local "support' for their own agenda and have not.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

No that's besides the point. They are trying to stop the BLM and Feds from taking their land anymore.

Some issues are bigger then a few people being inconvenienced

Sometimes there will be an inconvenience when there's a conflict.

That is a moot point in my opinion and the bigger picture here is far more important than any of that l.

They almost have their technocracy in place we gotta start fighting back before it's too late.
edit on 1/25/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/25/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The militia is not anti-government by any means, they are against corrupt governments who abuse their power.

And tell me, how does the militia characterize the US government?
What government do you think the writer was referring to? New Zealand?
edit on 1/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And tell me, how does the militia characterize the US government?

Really!

Militia are not against governments and you know that. They are against corruption and abuse of government power.

The militia are people like you and I.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Militia are not against governments and you know that.
Ok. They are perfectly fine with the US government. As long as it acts in a way they prefer.

The militia are people like you and I.
That might depend upon the particular militia you are talking about. The Bundites are not like me and I am not like them. They are, apparently, not like a number of people in Harney county.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

OMG One, Did you just justify 'collateral damage" by deeming it a mere inconvenience? Now I see why you side with the bullies.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Collateral damage is far fetched from the truth of what's happening.

They are 50 mile from the nearest city, need to dramatize it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

But Phage in your opinion everything is fine! We live in a utopia!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ok. They are perfectly fine with the US government. As long as it acts in a way they prefer.

Wrong.

Now you are making stupid assumptions to what you believe the militia thinks.

That might depend upon the particular militia you are talking about.

The fact is, there is only one militia.

The Bundites are not like me and I am not like them.

So you don't believe We The People have a constitutional right to take a stand when our governments breaks the laws and abuse their power?

They are, apparently, not like a number of people in Harney county.

what do you mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Far fetched maybe, but still, you see my point. But your whole thread is based on the statement of a sheriff from ANOTHER COUNTY. The sheriff from HARNEY COUNTY, along with the people of Harney County have asked them to leave. You are justifying armed occupation for 'questionable principles' that are not shared by the very people who are being used to justify it.

You keep saying that this is not the point. I know the other points One, and though I find them questionable myself, I still cannot agree that this is an action that people will rally around enough to make the difference that we both would see come about. Especially when the very people there, in the area are not rallying at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It's irrelevant to the overall point of what's happening what those people think.

Are any of them even ranchers?

Do you not care that these farms get taken mafia style and handed over to mega corps for mining and drilling?

Companies like Genie Energy who have a Rothchild and Dick Cheney working for them?

Not coincidences. I'm sorry but you can't convince to care what those people think. Their 50 miles away.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Now you are making stupid assumptions to what you believe the militia thinks.
No. I am relying on what they say.

The fact is, there is only one militia.
The fact is, that's a silly statement.

So you don't believe We The People have a constitutional right to take a stand when our governments breaks the laws and abuse their power?
They are not me. Therefore they are not my "we." Yes, people have the right to protest and even to break laws in the process. But that right includes taking responsibility for those actions. The Bundites are not willing to do that. Rosa Parks was. She knew she would be arrested. The Bundites are daring the authorities to try to arrest them. That's what their stupid "standoff" is about. But the authorities are not playing their game.

I have stated more that once that abuses of power should not be tolerated but this idiotic gesture of theirs is not a stand against that. They are using the Hammonds to advance their own agenda.

what do you mean?
Isn't it obvious? A good number of the people of the county which the Bundites have invaded want them gone.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I hope never to see any of the "Bundite supporters" (very clever reference that) here speaking in support of States Rights again.

The people of Oregon have been very clear that they do not need nor want folks from Nevada meddling in their local affairs.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Interesting turn of events... The Sheriff is backing the militia....

www.oregonlive.com...

Sheriff Glenn Palmer said in a statement to The Oregonian/OregonLive that "the government is going to have to concede something" to end the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. He said freeing a father-son ranching team from prison "would be a start. Sending the FBI home would be a start." He referred to the FBI's lead role in ending the refuge occupation.

Is this a county Sheriff doing his job? Well I'll be damned! Apparently a lot of people out there in Oregon, Neveda and surrounding states are quietly supporting this event.

STOP

Did you just say

Not coincidences. I'm sorry but you can't convince to care what those people think. Their 50 miles away.

Yet, above, your whole point of this thread was to suggest that the people out there in Oregon are quietly in support? And your link was to a sheriff from another county? And did I not make an attempt to demonstrate a contrary position to yours? Yet you then say you don't care what those people think. Just how am I to discuss this with you any longer, big picture or no big picture when you turn around and deny your original position like that?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The sheriff from HARNEY COUNTY, along with the people of Harney County have asked them to leave.

And we all want to know why?

Perhaps it is because the people of Harney county are cowards, to scared to take a stand against government wrong doing.

Perhaps the Sheriff of Harney county is corrupt. It certainly looks that way.

Maybe the militia should leave Harney county and let the BLM and FBI do as they please. And when the people of Harney start losing land and get trumped up charges and jailed they should keep quite since they pretty much flip the middle finger at patriotic Americans who believe in the Constitutional law.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm posting to show their support.

Why is that a county away doesn't matter but these people who are 50 miles away does?

Explain.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

No that's besides the point. They are trying to stop the BLM and Feds from taking their land anymore.

That is a moot point in my opinion and the bigger picture here is far more important than any of that l.

They almost have their technocracy in place we gotta start fighting back before it's too late.

So few see things as clearly as you do my friend!

You cut right though the BS to the meat of the argument.

They truly are very close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join