It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon standoff: Grant County sheriff urges release of Hammonds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events... The Sheriff is backing the militia....

www.oregonlive.com...

Sheriff Glenn Palmer said in a statement to The Oregonian/OregonLive that "the government is going to have to concede something" to end the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. He said freeing a father-son ranching team from prison "would be a start. Sending the FBI home would be a start." He referred to the FBI's lead role in ending the refuge occupation.

Is this a county Sheriff doing his job? Well I'll be damned! Apparently a lot of people out there in Oregon, Neveda and surrounding states are quietly supporting this event.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The Sheriff can say whatever he wants, but unless the terrorists have lots of oil money, the US government has a policy of no negotiations.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If more sheriff's did their jobs, our country might be in a lot better shape than it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Apparently a lot of people out there in Oregon, Neveda and surrounding states are quietly supporting this event.

Yet many of us out here are apparently not in support. The protesters occupy a federal facility. Yes or no? They do it in defiance of the US government. Yes or no? The US government is letting them basically come and go, use media sources across the board. Yes or no? The protesters are promoting themselves and their ideas all over the place. Yes or no?

The US government is basically quiet. How long now, a month? Where are the sharp shooters, where are the tanks, where are the gas canisters, where are cordons of swat teams circling the area starving these unprepared revolutionaries into submission?

Doesn't it seem that the big bad government that they fear so mightily seems very soft spoken about all of this? Isn't this fishy?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Doesn't it seem that the big bad government that they fear so mightily seems very soft spoken about all of this? Isn't this fishy?

You're kidding, right? The big bad government ain't really all that big or all that bad. The Bundy's are trying to light a short fuse on a large powder-keg. They just need Uncle Sug to lend a match.

The 10th Amendment surely needs to be taken into consideration when a Sheriff steps up to the plate.

Good thread start - S&F

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Their not terrorist.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No it's not fishy because the BLM and other federal agencies take these lands using underhanded tactics and move in big drilling and mining companies and allow them to drill and mine them.

It's totally corrupt.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You're kidding, right? The big bad government ain't really all that big or all that bad. The Bundy's are trying to light a short fuse on a large powder-keg. They just need Uncle Sug to lend a match.

The 10th Amendment surely needs to be taken into consideration when a Sheriff steps up to the plate.

Good thread start - S&F

That is exactly the reason.

They know the folks have had as much as they are going to take.

They are reading everyones texts and emails, listening to their conversations with the mics on their phones and net connected TV and comps....

They know the score.

And plenty of people are just sitting at home saying " I wish these mother flunkers would! ".

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The Bundy's are trying to light a short fuse on a large powder-keg. They just need Uncle Sug to lend a match.

I agree. But my point is this. I do not think that by putting up a cordon around the place, by not allowing anyone in or out or blocking electronic communication out of the place would be that fuse or that match to light it. Yet, even these small and easily agreed with by so many tactics are not being implemented. Why?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Even just the Feds showing up caused two more militias to show up.

Imagine if an accidental shot went off?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

No it's not fishy because the BLM and other federal agencies take these lands using underhanded tactics and move in big drilling and mining companies and allow them to drill and mine them.

It's totally corrupt.

Right though you may be, for me the fishyness of it all is still not explained. Why is the group being allowed such freedoms, still, after a month? Why have then not been shut down.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Even just the Feds showing up caused two more militias to show up.

Imagine if an accidental shot went off?

Two more militias showed up. Ouuuuuuuu. Big revolution. Where are the revolutionaries? Where are the hoards of constitutionalists showing up and joining in. They are not. Mostly just a war of words across the internet.

No, I think that this whole thing is a punk. You know a punk? A fuse that goes out before is ignites the explosive?
edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 19:51:19 -0600Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:51:19 -060016012016-01-25T19:51:19-06:00700000051 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah, well, Palmer is not the sheriff of Harney county but he certainly would be sympathetic to the Bundites.

Palmer is aligned with the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, a national nonprofit which interprets the constitution to severely limit federal government powers. Palmer was the association's first "Constitutional Sheriff of the Year" in 2011 and now serves on its advisory board.

He often speaks critically of the federal government, particularly the U.S. Forest Service, which is a major land owner in his county.

County Judge Scott Myers said he was aware of the second meeting but Palmer has shared no details.

"I have no idea whatever what they've discussed," Myers said.

Wolfe, president of the Oregon State Sheriffs Association, said the state's other sheriffs are concerned with Palmer's conduct. He said he asked Palmer for details about the meetings.

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think it's because two other militias showed up armed to teeth.

They don't want a full on military confrontation with the militias.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Pretty simple... many people are paying them no mind... if they go in with armored vehicles and snipers like so many folks seem to want.. that just might push conservative leaning middle of the roaders to take a longer more serious look at militias.

Right now they are giving them enough rope to hang themselves..

Now the longer people talk they might sway folks in that region to their side... personally I think BLM is one of the most corrupt govt organizations out there, so the fed may be losing ground amongst the people most effected by BLM.

But your average mouth breather just continues to rant about why hasn't the govt killed these people.

Odds are high by doing nothing other than monitor them, they will eventually go home to be picked up later away from cameras... the Fed cant afford another ruby ridge, or waco.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The government has to bleed them financially. It's their best first move. That also might mean letting them leave. They're not really disrupting much of anything out there in the boonies to begin with. I'll even bet the government wishes this entire incident would just be completely forgotten about and that they're hating on the 'embedded media'.

If this thing ends in a stalemate, the government looks impotent and the Bundy's are poorer.

If people start shooting, it could get bad in more than one place real quick ... and I do mean bad.
edit on 2512016 by Snarl because: Wow

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I think it's because two other militias showed up armed to teeth.

They don't want a full on military confrontation with the militias.

I would imagine that a full third of those two militias are federal officers. Setting up a agent provocateur senario.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There are a lot of newly opened eyes out there these days....
With government hypocrisy and double dealing poking out everywhere ......
Nobody ever heard of the 1% ten years ago hardly.....
Now a majority of the world hates their guts....
We know the just us system is skewed.....
Shots fired at the wildlife refuge may just herald the beginning of the second great American revolution......

edit on 25-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Indeed. I just now watched on local news, an interview with the Harney County Sheriff who reiterates that not only the community but he himself would like them all to leave. That even though they had said they would leave if the community wanted them to and that they have voted for them to leave at community meetings, the occupiers still have not left as they said they would.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When you were little.....were you a junior G man?
Try to see the bigger picture here.....there is far more going on than 29 good ole boys camping out on Federal property....
And threatening no one yet....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join