It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Naming a zombie flick.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So I need help naming a zombie movie I saw a long time ago.

In the beginning it starts out a couple is out camping then wake up one day the zombie apocalypse happened. They get in to their car. Then a little later they get a flat tire I think it is.

Along comes another car. The usual ensues. Then at some point they make it out to some abandoned building out in the middle of nowhere. Other people soon show up.

The building looks like it was from the cold war. A bunker surrounded by wire fence.( Which is what I trying to identify) as well.

Anyone name this movie ?

That's all I really remember of it.

So I don't really know if I gave you all enough to go on.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

what era did it seem like it was from?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

what era did it seem like it was from?

Mid to late 90s to early to mid 2000s.

Nothing recent.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Man, I have no Idea. After that first 28 days later, I haven't bothered to watch much 'modern' zombie flicks, minus 28 weeks later of course. Those set a new standard for me, and that's what we need, another '28 _____ later'.

*EDIT : I just looked up the status on a sequel and the director of the original (Danny Boyle) is looking to make "28 Months Later" happen...

Oct 2015...

Boyle, who did not handle the first sequel “28 Weeks Later,” spoke to Screencrush about the possibility of him circling back to the series, and 13 years after the first, he’s still definitely interested.

“It’s the usual thing: it’s not about whether people think it’s a good idea that you’re directing. It’s whether you respond to the script or not,” he said. Translation: “Get a good script together and we’ll talk.”

Danny Boyle’s been pretty consistent about his interest in returning to the director’s chair for “28 Months Later” because he saw the second installment as a casual viewer and did not hate it at all.

MTVnews
edit on 25-1-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

"Saw it as a casual viewer and did not hate it at all"
Lol Was that a sarcastic remark from them? Or was that his official stance on the movie?

"Mr Boyle what did you think of 28 weeks later?"

"Honestly? I did not hate it at all."

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Subscribing out of curiosity

I've seen nearly every zombie movie going and don't recognise your description. There was one that came out in 2014/15 that sounds slightly similar with the broken down car and yours is a good decade earlier.

Keep bumping the thread with (ahem) on-topic posts and some zombie obsessive will nail it right away.

If you google 'list of zombie movies,' they show a image strip of dozens of zombie movies across the top of the screen.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah, I am a huge zombie movie fan myself and didn't recognize the description.

I was thinking State of Emergency, but that is only a couple of years old and doesn't match OP's description perfectly.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
At a tangent, I watched Wyrmwood Road Of The Dead last night, fantastic little australian zombie movie. Well worth a watch.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think I recall it, but not the name.

90% sure it was made by the Sci-fi channel

Camping couple, driving back to town on mountain road they run into a zombie, but not knowing the guy gets out and tries harder than I would to get the guy to turn around before walking right up to it with no caution.

They meet up with a few folks who are zombie professionals(after 2 days of the zombie outbreak), one of whom I think was a Pauly Perette lookalike except more manly.

Ive seen so many i get it confused from here on out, I'll have a look and see if i cant remember it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I did google them. At the time hit youtube and watched trailers.

There is so many I just gave up.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I remember seeing this. Everyone is trapped in this remote building fighting off the zombies. A desert-like setting, or at least very desolate. Now I have to find it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
HA!

Found it!!!!!

It's called 'Days of Darkness'

It wasn't so much I was interested in the movie per say.

But the Cold War building they held up in.

I think it was part of AT and T's microwave relay network that has long been since abandoned in favor of newer technologies.

Thanks for trying to help people.

Appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Good catch. That's the same one I was thinking of.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I am also trying to identify this 'remote outpost' in another movie called 'Eye See You'.

Been on on a 'cold war' kick lately.

I know the film was shot in in the US and Canada.

Any ideas ?
edit on 26-1-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There is so many I just gave up.

I've been chasing an Aussie film for at least fifteen years. On and off, probably spent 24 hours internet searching. It's got to the stage where I now believe I dreamt it and have given up.

Good catch with the 'Days of Darkness.' I'll see if it's one I've already seen.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I've seen it, but no idea on the outpost other than Vancouver.

edit on 1/26/2016 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Which one? Plot synopsis? Hints?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Thats the one I remember too. Terrible, just terrible... but great for a gory zombie flick!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

Which one? Plot synopsis? Hints?

Oh man. Here goes...

A guy is driving through the Aussie outback and stops at a 50s style roadside diner. One of those with the aluminum sidings. He ends up staying a while and talking to a Humphrey Bogart-style Private Eye who sits in the corner in shadow. The accent is Bogart etc.

There are other characters in the diner. By the end, we see that the diner is really a crashed UFO and the detective is an alien who learned English from watching B&W movies.

Never been able to trace that SoB.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Okay then, let's see what I can find.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join