It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish woman stabbed to death in Refugee Centre

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination nowBut sadly nothing will bring back the young woman who was brutally murdered and for whom this thread was written and as such I believe that we must look objectively at the situation rather than just opening the doors and saying yes, you can claim asylum here regardless of who it is that is asking

The assumption that this thread was written in honour of that young lady that was murdered is incorrect. Given the tone and message of the OP I believe that this was just another lame excuse to be able to spout a new round of hatred against innocent people. These tactics are familiar: they were (and sometimes still are) used against black people, Jews and homosexuals, just to name a few other groups consisting of mostly totally innocent people. Most murderers wear trousers - but not all that wear trousers are murderers.

Spouting xenophobe tripe has become a tendency here and frankly it is tiring, because it is very clear that the instigators of this type of posting don't want to discuss anything. They want to hear they're right and if you proof them to be wrong, they start demanding more or other proof, simply call you a liar or put words in your mouth.

These are age old tactics, used by a minority that desperately needs to prove they are superiour. Not by acting as examples of the values we say we stand for, but by attacking others and denying them the very rights we say we would literally die for.

BTW: nothing against you personally "destination now". Just observing.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think I can solve this whole issue...we need to redefine what a country is.

I propose that we redeine a country to be the area of a house, this would have so many benefits, think about it. We're all a minority. We'd be duty bound to enter mixed race relationships. Borders between countries could be clearly defined using simple fences and hedges/shrubbery.

We could save tillions by stockpiling rocks and sticks as opposed to weapons that are built using technology that's more advanced than that being used in educationa nd healthcare...and use that tech instead for more appropriate things like education and healthcare.

Most wars would end in a bloody nose or a black eye at best...fatal knife or gunshot wounds at worst, but it's highly unlikely that a country of such meagre stature would produce WMD's, chemical weapons, drones or anything crazy like that.

Even then...people are argumentative, there's always trouble. Always someone wants drama, or being oppressed...I don't think it matters what we do. We're never likely to be a peaceful species any more than spiders are likely to become devout vegans. If the gobsh***s of the world ain't got immigrants to whine about there'll always be something else.

Maybe there are no solutions and we're just meant to wipe one another out in the end...

I never through it through very well, let me iron out some of the finer points.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: twitchy
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but... All this really horrible refugee stuff maybe, just maybe, will give us something to think about next time BEFORE we bomb the piss out of a country or fund rebels to overthrow a sovereign government. The Taliban, The Mujahideen, Al Queda, Sandinistas, Cuban Exiles, Augusto Pinochet, etc. ad nasuem. Maybe it's time to pave roads and build schools instead of funding murderers to appease oil tycoons or drug cartels.
Was ousting Assad (and failing to do so) really worth it?

If it weren't for the invention of the bomb, the re-invasion of Europe would have happened sooner.

The Muslims conquered and ruled Spain for 700 years. They want it back. That's what this new invasion is all about.

Here's a Romantic piece of propaganda:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: anxiouswens
She was a woman!a reply to: DBCowboy

Ahhh. That was her first mistake.

But seriously, it's sad.

It took the entire free world and several years to eradicate a group of people who hated Jews and wanted to force their ideology across the rest of Europe and the world in the 1940's.

Here we are in 2016. . . . . . . .

If you want to honor all those who died in WW2, then do yourself a favor and dig deeper to find out the true story.

WW2 wasn't about Jewish people.

We can never learn from the past if the version everyone believes is wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Please stop with the hatred and xenophone rhetoric...these responses are getting very old to discussions about the situation we in Europe are in.

These are merely facts there is no spreading of hatred, no -one is a xenophobe
There's a big difference between disliking a situation or group of people and downright bloody hatred!!

I feel very much for the real refugees of Syria, but I feel very much also for the folk of Scandanavia who are now having to cope struggle and adjust their lifestyles to accommodate a totally different culture.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: destination nowBut sadly nothing will bring back the young woman who was brutally murdered and for whom this thread was written and as such I believe that we must look objectively at the situation rather than just opening the doors and saying yes, you can claim asylum here regardless of who it is that is asking

The assumption that this thread was written in honour of that young lady that was murdered is incorrect. Given the tone and message of the OP I believe that this was just another lame excuse to be able to spout a new round of hatred against innocent people. These tactics are familiar: they were (and sometimes still are) used against black people, Jews and homosexuals, just to name a few other groups consisting of mostly totally innocent people. Most murderers wear trousers - but not all that wear trousers are murderers.

Spouting xenophobe tripe has become a tendency here and frankly it is tiring, because it is very clear that the instigators of this type of posting don't want to discuss anything. They want to hear they're right and if you proof them to be wrong, they start demanding more or other proof, simply call you a liar or put words in your mouth.

These are age old tactics, used by a minority that desperately needs to prove they are superiour. Not by acting as examples of the values we say we stand for, but by attacking others and denying them the very rights we say we would literally die for.

Sorry, but I call this BS.
You are doing the same, but just opposite, oh and doing a Godwin in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I noticed the police chief in Stockholm has requested 4,000 new officers.

You see...new job openings. Rise in demand and all that...the market is working. The refugees are actually helping the swedish economy.

Take that haterzzz.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I feel very much for the real refugees of Syria, but I feel very much also for the folk of Scandanavia who are now having to cope struggle and adjust their lifestyles to accommodate a totally different culture.

Reminds me of forced busing for integration here in the USA.

Some things just have to happen due to circumstance.

edit on 27-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

All kinds of economy boosts I'm sure. More funeral parlors and morticians; jail guards, Judges and attorneys; security guards, doctors, psychologists, social workers, workers needed to process application for public assistance; safe houses and people to treat rape victims!

Indeed a brave new world!

/s

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Well said!! I could not have said that better. Especially, when it comes to someone being raped or murdered, then it is very important to remain objective on this issue. Unfortunately there are certain posters even within this thread that have nothing better to do than deliberately arouse public fear about this particular subject, which is the very definition of fearmongering. Their approach would be laughable if this wasn’t such a serious issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

I disagree with certain European countries taking in so many migrants so fast. Especially when there are so many countries closer and easier for them to assimilate. I do not have any disagreements with this. However I will defend the majority of migrants that have found themselves here against being painted with the same brush with the acts of a small amount. Which is what is happening.

Soooo, from which country are you if I may ask?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: anxiouswens
She was a woman!a reply to: DBCowboy

Ahhh. That was her first mistake.

But seriously, it's sad.

It took the entire free world and several years to eradicate a group of people who hated Jews and wanted to force their ideology across the rest of Europe and the world in the 1940's.

Here we are in 2016. . . . . . . .

Guess they're not too good at history.

Or they think they'll be more successful than the ones who already failed. Good thing they're not smart enough to become politicians I guess.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How's that for gratitude?
Stabbing women in the back.
Par for the course I'm sorry to say.
What a shame Sweden can't see them for the danger they are.
For everyone crying xenophobia will you not admit the goal of Islam is world domination?
I see lots of Muslim protesters carrying signs that say as much.
It took nearly 1,000 years of fighting to get Islam out of Europe.
Guess conquering in the name of Allah is old school.
They'll just move in and accomplish the same, no weapons necessary.
Just take 4 wives, go on public assistance and outbreed the natives.

I have no hatred for Muslims.
What goes on in the name of Islam disgusts me as much as what's done in the name of capitalism.
The bottom line is freedom and Islam cannot coexist, despite what bumper stickers might say.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This story is a tragic loss of a young woman who, going by the background was trying to do some good in this mixed up crazy world. Herself from a family of refugees/ migrants from Lebanon who had settled in Sweden.

Reading through this thread though, the underlying agenda comes through loud and clear. And the fact that this poor young woman's tragic and violent death is being used as a backdrop for yet another one of " those " threads is tiresome, and a little bit sick. Makes me wonder if she would ever imagine her death being used as part of a dialogue in refugee bashing.

Just as a last thought...anyone know how many other murders/ stabbings / violent crime occurred in Sweden this week ? Do we only get news of violent crime in Europe when it involves refugees ?

edit on 27/1/16 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just as a last thought...anyone know how many other murders/ stabbings / violent crime occurred in Sweden this week ?

No

Do we only get news of violent crime in Europe when it involves refugees ?

Yes

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that people who are not even from Europe and/or affected by this refugee crisis are telling me what my moral standpoint should be, when it comes to the future of my country and our children.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that we'll never agree about this.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

I disagree with certain European countries taking in so many migrants so fast. Especially when there are so many countries closer and easier for them to assimilate. I do not have any disagreements with this. However I will defend the majority of migrants that have found themselves here against being painted with the same brush with the acts of a small amount. Which is what is happening.

Soooo, from which country are you if I may ask?

From which country I am I?

Meaning where was I born? Or where do I live? Infact, nevermind. I am of Irish descent, born in England, my wife is German. I live in Oslo, just a few months ago I was living in Edinburgh. I am fluent in German and English. I've also lived in Germany. So I consider myself very much "European".

soooo, what does this matter?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm only asking because I wanted to know if you are affected by this refugee crisis or the other general issues we see across Europe.

Oslo, not exactly uncompromised.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

I'm only asking because I wanted to know if you are affected by this refugee crisis or the other general issues we see across Europe.

Oslo, not exactly uncompromised.

Uncompromised?

In what way do you mean this? Because if you are insinuating that Oslo doesn’t have any migrants then you obviously have never been to Oslo. I do not know the exact figures but I'm guessing 30% of Oslo population are migrants, 10% being muslim.

Since you are asking, where do you reside?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join