It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My introduction to the good people of ats(and bad I suppose)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I have been a lurker for years but recently decided to join up and add my voice to the pool of information here. This is my first post/thread and I'm on a tablet so please don't take my lunch money if i don't format this right or something of the sort. I'm honestly not sure what kind of info to put here? I'll just go with the basics. I'm 22 and just moved from Tennessee to California. It'd be a safe bet to call me a hippie, although I don't really claim that title.

What brought me to ats was the insatiable thirst for knowledge I'm sure you know well. I stayed here because, well, ats seems to have "its head up its own ass" the least, lol. I have noticed recently that there has been more insults and attacking of members personally instead of focusing on the topic and would like to see less of that. Or am I too new to even say such things? Either way I look forward to dancing the mental dance with you all.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

Well, hello Sourcery!

I don't think anyone is "too new" to have an opinion and yours is valid...

What takes you to California (if you don't mind me asking)?

I am in TN and am leaving, also, one day. I am just curious what motivates people to leave AND what motivates people to stay...

See you around!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Welcome and your observations are, unfortunately, astute... though we do look at our own anuses (or is it ani?) on occasion.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Welcome friend. You are a keen observer and observer.

You shall do well here! Get ready to RUMBLE!!! (kidding)

Why did you leave Tenn for the Left Coast?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hey tn thank for responding! Rehab brought me out here actually. It has been I think 9 months now. Livin the dream out here! I'm wearing shorts right now hahahaha I feel bad for you tn. reply to: TNMockingbird

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hey bad dogma! Thanks for responding. I recognize your username. I think there was a study about life expectancy and anus watching ratios
a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Welcome Sourcery!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi anon! Im trying to keep up lol. I believe I answered your question.
a reply to: anon72

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks reldra! You're rad. a reply to: reldra

link   
Hello and welcome to ya. Please to meet you I'm sure.

link   

Hello Sourcery and welcome.

Did you know that Hippie is dead? Yes indeed. In 1967 the denizens of the Height Ashbury district in San Francisco held a funeral. A funeral in the street with a parade and everything. It seems they saw that the nature of the Haight was about to change.

The term Hippie is a term coined by the mass media and the core of the residents in the Haight were not fond of it. But the media pushed it and the teens from around the country were going to flock to SF the next summer for the summer of love (another media catch phrase) so the Diggers and others of the Haight at the time held the funeral to separate themselves from the coming media created sensation. "Death of Hippie' Look it up.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Well, I like that descriptor. Ty!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Good Luck to you!!!

I can think of worse climates to do that in!

Yes, feel bad for me!

I am in shorts...just NOT outside!

I'm sure you don't miss the climate!

Again, good luck! And, nice to have you here!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi terry, i was not aware. excuse my first response, I took offense where none was given. Cheers
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

edit on 25-1-2016 by Sourcery because: Sorry terry

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just curious, where were you thinking of moving? It's funny because most people I meet out here want to go to the east coast. Grass is always greener or something like that. a reply to: TNMockingbird

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, travel is the primary goal. Every nook and cranny of the U.S. and Canada...

Depending on the "climate" in the rest of the world when that day comes...we shall see if travelling abroad would be wise.

We are planning our trips according to the seasons.

When I settle down (LOL if ever!) It will, most likely, be the Gulf Coast.

And I can't wait!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to say hia reply to: EnigmaAgent

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This is true...

When I moved from LA to Alabama several years ago, I thought to myself: "what the hell have I got myself into..."

Eventually though, I fell in love with the south.

When I lived in Cleveland, TN. for a year, I was blown away by the hospitality there.

Speaking of hospitality, welcome!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hey Bird,

I've seen both sides of the fence, stay there, trust me!

When the SHTF, and it probably will soon, you do NOT want to be in CA...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey thanks, Murgatroid! Sure enough, Southern California is slowly tightening its grip on me haha. a reply to: Murgatroid

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join