It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (a review)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So after the recent Star Wars: The Force Awakens release, I decided that maybe I should take a look at the animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone wars.

At first I found it very child-oriented (It is a childrens tv series, after all), and didn't care much for the off-canon concept. The First season was alright, all stand-alone episodes, nothing particularly interesting. However, the seasons after that consisted primarily of two to three part episodes, many of which actually do reveal a ton of very interesting information what will make you wonder "Why the hell didn't they add that to the movies?"

Seasons 3-6 all contain a tremendous deal of information that covers the movies plot holes, things so impacting and important, such as how Qui Gon Jinn tells Yoda (after Qui Gon Jinn has already died) about truly being one with the force, after death. Things like, the explanation on why the republic clones just instantly turn on the Jedi after years and years of service with absolutely no remorse at all. Things like, Anakin Skywalker's progressive development to the Dark-side, instead of a what we see in the movies, which is practically instantaneous.

On top of all that, there are some very interesting new characters, as well as much needed character development for old characters.

My conclusion for the series is that, if you're a decent star wars fan, there is a lot of information in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The Acting (most of the time) is actually quite good, as are the visuals and the original soundtrack. Many of the stories are great, and needed. And many others are terribly annoying and too child-oriented (although these tend to be filler episodes with no actual context to movie canon and can be skipped).

Out of everything, I would give the series a 3.5/5

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I love this series, though I have not gotten through it yet, because I keep trying to get my kids into it with me!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I saw that Darth Maul comes back from the dead!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: chelsdh

I saw that Darth Maul comes back from the dead!!

Yes, that was one of the very off-canon story lines. It goes into his species quite a bit, which is interesting, but his continued existence is a bit beyond far fetched.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

The story (sort of) continues on with Star Wars: Rebels.

edit on 25/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, I haven't seen it yet

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hey Ghost, Thanks again for the avatar.
Disney did not pick up the clone war series, kinda bummed me out. They said it was too violent and did not want to pick it up or something like that? There is a few unaired episodes on youtube that are basic CGI animation, not fully worked.

Also did you ever see the original 2 seasons of the clone wars that was not cgi animated , but more cell type anime? Those are awesome.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Also there is a full theatrical movie titled the clone wars, before the CGI series and after the anime series.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Booji
Also did you ever see the original 2 seasons of the clone wars that was not cgi animated , but more cell type anime? Those are awesome.

Hmm, sounds interesting. I haven't seen it, but I will look into it

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Booji

Hmm, sounds interesting. I haven't seen it, but I will look into it
I think they 15 minute shorts on MTV or CN? They are amazingly brutal IMO.

ETA: here is is complete. like a new 2 hour movie all in one.

I'll look for the them last episodes also and add them here too. least I can do for you.

ETA II:
Here are the last unaired episodes of Star wars the clone wars complete in one transmission.

edit on 1 25 2016 by Booji because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Please see my last post for ETA.

Have fun!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

The Clone Wars series is cannon according to Disney.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
Oh, that's exciting! I haven't gotten to that! Now I have to watch it, alone if the kids protest.

new topics

top topics

join