It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Blasts Abortion: Roe v. Wade Started a “Culture of Death”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

im on the left and im pro guns. two completely different issues.

although im for extreme gun control. like very extreme and responsible gun control.
edit on 25-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Annee

Actually......pro-choice IS pro-abortion, but I digress.

I am pro-choice. When the choice came up, we chose against abortion. That makes you (and the rest of that echo chamber) wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good on him to call this out. It is the people that never wanted to be born or appreciate their own existence that support abortion.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What does one have to do with the other? Why do you assume all liberals wanna take your guns?
edit on 25-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpecOpPres1
Good on him to call this out. It is the people that never wanted to be born or appreciate their own existence that support abortion.

Hello? You in there? What pro-choice individuals support is the right of a woman to make her own choices. Just out of curiousity, how many un-wanted children have you adopted? Where is your accountability for circumstances that you would enforce on others?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
So... If a married mother of 4 was on birth control, and accidentally got pregnant again with a baby that the family simply couldn't afford, Trump would not allow her to have an abortion... But if an adult woman had sex with her adult cousin and became pregnant, he would allow her an abortion... because ... incest.

Yeah... makes a lot of sense, Don...

That argument has never made sense to me. (not disagreeing with you mind you just using it to make a point)

Yes of course, rape, incest but not you are making sure you can live without a huge burden because of a failure of a device? We live in very strange times. Be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well you know that Trump had to do something to cover up his 2 Corinthians flub at Liberty University. Throw some "abortion" red meat out there for the Fundamentalists to gnaw on so they forget that he has so little actual knowledge about the bible.

-dex

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Roe v Wade issue has always been a loser for conservatives in a national election.

Trump knows this...that's just another reason that I think he is playing his supporters for chumps.

Perhaps it's just me but it seems very odd that a life long liberal would turn into a conservative and begin pandering to the Right Wing, when he decided to run for the GOP.
Who's stupid enough to believe something like that?............oh wait.....

His real agenda should be apparent soon....
edit on 25-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

What does one have to do with the other? Why do you assume all liberals wanna take your guns?

Constitutional rights, its only good when the left agrees with it, otherwise its bad.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: Swills

Constitutional rights, its only good when the left agrees with it, otherwise its bad.

I lean left on most issues and I support the constitution as much as any die hard right winger.
I support the 2nd, Capital punishment, and a woman's right to chose. I also support people minding their own goddamn business.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
So... If a married mother of 4 was on birth control, and accidentally got pregnant again with a baby that the family simply couldn't afford, Trump would not allow her to have an abortion... But if an adult woman had sex with her adult cousin and became pregnant, he would allow her an abortion... because ... incest.

Yeah... makes a lot of sense, Don...

The argument would then be that the woman shouldn't ever have sex, because ANY birth control (short of a hysterectomy) has some failure rate. Sex should only be strictly for procreation, especially if you're poor.

At least, that's probably how the argument would go...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a way to give Fox Questions for the debate. You have not all figured this out yet? This should not even be a presidential issue or question. He could never make a change or difference either way. Just a way to get financial backing and roll the dice.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The argument would then be that the woman shouldn't ever have sex, because ANY birth control (short of a hysterectomy) has some failure rate. Sex should only be strictly for procreation, especially if you're poor.

and if every women in the US took this position, and refused to have sex, I kind of think that the christian right would back off real quick.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Culture of death sums it up eloquently

We have a culture of death it's called Republicans- endless war, torture, pollution, police violence, etc.

Their pro-life speech is just to get votes and to keep up the supply of poor people who are easily manipulated to vote for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Funny thing is, though, that statement on abortion must have erased all memory of that mistake, since Falwell is endorsing him!

www.washingtonpost.com...

or.... is it possible that Cruz scares the crap out of Falwell too???

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I could care less what he thinks about it. Pro-choice covers all aspects of morality in regards to abortion. Don't like them? Don't get an abortion. Meanwhile, someone else with lesser morals can get one and not be in danger herself.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I have actually adopted three children and raised them to be mature productive adults who are not self entitled and have earned every accomplishment themselves. To include presidential academic achievement awards. I have also served over 20 years in the military and have saved countless children from certain death from the carnage of war in several hostile countries. Despite what a lot of folks think about military being all about killing, yeah some glee in smoking those who'd kill us and but all have compassion in protecting those who cannot defend themselves. A fetus cannot prevent it's mother from being a slut who isn't smart enough to use the pill. (Rape Cases are Different) But the majority of Pro-Choice descisions are made out of buyer's remorse. Why should an infant be destroyed because some dumb woman couldn't control herself. Instant gratification seems to rule society today and it has bred a bunch of self righteous indignant punks who cannot boil water, but can be tough on a forum. (Telephone Toughguys)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
OK here it comes.

Donald Trump is getting into the abortion subject.

Looks like he might be "Pro Life".

Says the Founders made a "right to life"

Ultra controversial indeed.

Donald Trump Blasts Abortion: Roe v. Wade Started a “Culture of Death” Killing Over 50 Million People

In some of his clearest and most forceful remarks on the issue of abortion since becoming a presidential candidate, businessman Donald Trump wrote a weekend op-ed in the Washington Examiner newspaper outlining his pro-life views and blasting both abortion and Roe v.Wade.

Trump opens the column explaining that he is pro-life with exceptions only for the very rarest abortions.

“Let me be clear — I am pro-life. I support that position with exceptions allowed for rape, incest or the life of the mother being at risk,” he said. “I did not always hold this position, but I had a significant personal experience that brought the precious gift of life into perspective for me.”

:wow

More theater and pandering from Trump. He's an insufferable manipulator and flip flopper.

Just a decade ago he was Pro Choice, maybe even up to a few years ago, and he was extremely Pro Choice even in favor of late term abortion.

Now he swings the complete opposite extreme direction and speaks about overturning R vs. W and putting "the right people" on SCOTUS.

What an obvious con artist.

Less than 3 years ago the guy was in FACT Pro Amnesty, now he's a "hawk" on Immigration.

How can a man change views so much, in short periods, especially in LATER years of life. That's not typical and STINKS of a botched attempt at "Populism".

But alas, for him it's about selling that car and being a "closer". Sell it Donnie Boy! Sell that crap to the masses ole' chum!!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecOpPres1
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I have actually adopted three children and raised them to be mature productive adults who are not self entitled and have earned every accomplishment themselves. To include presidential academic achievement awards. I have also served over 20 years in the military and have saved countless children from certain death from the carnage of war in several hostile countries. Despite what a lot of folks think about military being all about killing, yeah some glee in smoking those who'd kill us and but all have compassion in protecting those who cannot defend themselves. A fetus cannot prevent it's mother from being a slut who isn't smart enough to use the pill. (Rape Cases are Different) But the majority of Pro-Choice descisions are made out of buyer's remorse. Why should an infant be destroyed because some dumb woman couldn't control herself. Instant gratification seems to rule society today and it has bred a bunch of self righteous indignant punks who cannot boil water, but can be tough on a forum. (Telephone Toughguys)

For a second there is thought you were speaking of women, but realized you're talking about cattle.
edit on 27-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecOpPres1

A fetus cannot prevent it's mother from being a slut who isn't smart enough to use the pill. (Rape Cases are Different) But the majority of Pro-Choice descisions are made out of buyer's remorse. Why should an infant be destroyed because some dumb woman couldn't control herself. Instant gratification seems to rule society today and it has bred a bunch of self righteous indignant punks who cannot boil water, but can be tough on a forum.

meanwhile, catholic hospitals have free license to to prevent doctors from doing what they believe is the best care for their patient and thereby force those patients to endure a second operation to have their tubes tied even if that patient has a brain tumor and getting pregnant again would be detrimental to her and any future baby....

love your stereotype of the women who gets an abortion....doesn't fit reality too well though.

A broad cross section of U.S. women have abortions:[3]

58% are in their 20s;
61% have one or more children;
56% are unmarried and not cohabiting;
69% are economically disadvantaged; and
73% report a religious affiliation.
www.guttmacher.org...

over half have already had children, close to half are married or cohabiting-- is having sex with your husband being a slut, reaally? , close to 70% are not doing well financially- those danged husbands can't even manage to earn a living and probably couldn't afford the danged birth control, and close to three quarters are affiliated with a religion- but don't believe in it enough to practice what they preach when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

I bet that there are just as many stupid men out there who can't control their urges, living slutty lives as there are women!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join