It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Blasts Abortion: Roe v. Wade Started a “Culture of Death”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
OK here it comes.

Donald Trump is getting into the abortion subject.

Looks like he might be "Pro Life".

Says the Founders made a "right to life"

Ultra controversial indeed.

Donald Trump Blasts Abortion: Roe v. Wade Started a “Culture of Death” Killing Over 50 Million People

In some of his clearest and most forceful remarks on the issue of abortion since becoming a presidential candidate, businessman Donald Trump wrote a weekend op-ed in the Washington Examiner newspaper outlining his pro-life views and blasting both abortion and Roe v.Wade.

Trump opens the column explaining that he is pro-life with exceptions only for the very rarest abortions.

“Let me be clear — I am pro-life. I support that position with exceptions allowed for rape, incest or the life of the mother being at risk,” he said. “I did not always hold this position, but I had a significant personal experience that brought the precious gift of life into perspective for me.”

:wow

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Culture of death sums it up eloquently. As a liberal leaning lefty, this would be the biggest topic that polarizes me. Which is why I "feel" it is murder but respect others views.

So let's chalk this up as the very first thing Trump said that I agree with.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Trump! Abortion! This thread has got it all. Popcorn time...Unleash the Liberal Apologensia...3....2...1...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like a reasonable standpoint to me. Abortion is the killing of another human without their consent, ie murder. And he stated he would make exceptions for rape/medical complications. This is pretty much the viewpoint of almost everyone I know.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Right of individual choice is not pro abortion anyway you look at it. It's just Right of Choice.

Back to The Donald.

He's sure going after the Christian Right.

edit on 25-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In past he has been extremely pro choice..he is playing his base like a fiddle.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I should think that the Freakonomics observations would appeal to Trump - Abortion and crime: who should you believe?.
I guess this is a sign that he is taking the campaign seriously and that he needs to appeal to the religious base. Great...things are about to get weirder.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Trumps soft on crime.

We offer evidence that legalized abortion has contributed signiŽ cantly to recent crime reductions. Crime began to fall roughly eighteen years after abortion legalization. The Ž ve states that allowed abortion in 1970 experienced declines earlier than the rest of the nation, which legalized in 1973 with Roe v. Wade. States with high abortion rates in the 1970s and 1980s experienced greater crime reductions in the 1990s. In high abortion states, only arrests of those born after abortion legalization fall relative to low abortion states. Legalized abortion ap- pears to account for as much as 50 percent of the recent drop in crime.

THE IMPACT OF LEGALIZED ABORTION ON CRIME

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Right of individual choice is not pro abortion anyway you look at it. It's just Right of Choice.

Back to The Donald.

He's sure going after the Christian Right.

Lots of Christian "Left" Pro Life people too.

Perhaps even more than Christian "Right".

Sources please !!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Trump! Abortion! This thread has got it all. Popcorn time...Unleash the Liberal Apologensia...3....2...1...

"Apologensia"

new word.

Lets get a copywrite !!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I should think that the Freakonomics observations would appeal to Trump - Abortion and crime: who should you believe?.
I guess this is a sign that he is taking the campaign seriously and that he needs to appeal to the religious base. Great...things are about to get weirder.

He could get a lot of Christian Democrat votes now !!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ha ha, I am now pro life after being pro choice, I'm a Republican after being a Democrat, I disagree with Hilary Clinton after supporting her previously.

Thankfully I'm not from the U.S, but it's hilarious watching the desperate Republicans clinging on to his every word.

At least he's not a Bush or a Clinton.

edit on 25/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Sounds like a reasonable standpoint to me. Abortion is the killing of another human without their consent, ie murder. And he stated he would make exceptions for rape/medical complications. This is pretty much the viewpoint of almost everyone I know.

Well most of the people you know are apparently logically inconsistent. It's murder except in cases where the pregnancy resulted from rape?

Donald Trump can say whatever he wants, he clearly demonstrated an awareness that his supporters are complicit in their own manipulation when he said, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

That's the most honest thing that's come out of his mouth.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is a good topic, Xuenchen. Trump's position needs to be clarified because it has changed over the years. Abortion is one of those social issues that does tend to make you change your stance as your life's experiences develop, and sometimes people do change their view because of it.

From what I read about his position in 2000, he was anti-abortion but pro-choice. In other words, he personally hated the thought of it, but if a woman chose to terminate her pregnancy, it was her choice. I think he even included partial birth abortion back then.

Then, he eliminated his support for partial birth abortion, but still supported choice on the rest of it.

Now, I think his position is pro life in that taxpayer funds should not be used to pay for abortions or to fund groups like Planned Parenthood that promote and perform abortions.

His position on abortion is the same as mine then. It is legal, so if you want to snuff that emerging life out, you may make that choice, but don't expect the rest of the taxpayers of America to fund it. Pretty simple.

Edited to add: Partial birth abortion should be illegal.

edit on 25-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

He could get a lot of Christian Democrat votes now !!!!

Bernie and Hillary would probably have received a lot more support by now, if Liberal Progressives hadn't aborted so many of their potential voters over the past 40 years.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sounds like Trump is desperately pandering to the Christian Right. Not a good move imo. Roe v Wade has always favored the libs. Might be different now....doubt it.

Anyone but LIVs knows Trump has flipped flopped so many times that you cant trust anything the says.
edit on 25-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The abortion rate among Fundamental Christians is actually pretty high according to some statistics.

My guess is - - some of these people may vocally denounce Roe vs Wade - - but, might actually vote differently.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is what I hate. I don't mind Ben Carson saying this, only because I believe that Ben Carson is a devout Christian who believes that's the way it should be based on his religion. I can respect someone who is a true believe while disagreeing with him.

With Trump, I don't think for a minute he believes that and if his young wife got pregnant and decided to get an abortion, he wouldn't object. He's lying about this to appeal to the far right base. They aren't seeing through this.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Culture of death?

Not so much...

In the 1950s, estimates of numbers of illegal, unsafe abortions ranged widely, from 200,000 to 1.2 million per year.

The Bad Old Days: Abortion in America Before Roe v. Wade

In 2011, 1.06 million abortions were performed, down 13% from 1.21 million in 2008. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred.

Abortion Facts Sheet

Abortion rates in the United States are at their lowest in 40 years, according to a new report from the Guttmacher Institute. In 2011, the U.S. abortion rate was 16.9 abortions per every 1,000 women aged 15 to 44, the lowest it's been since abortion was legalized in 1973. Between 2008 and 2011, the abortion rate fell 13%, resuming the downward trend that had stalled between 2005 and 2008.

Abortion rates lowest in 40 years

The number of abortions and the per capita abortion rate have both decreased since Roe v. Wade. Just more nonsense from the Trump campaign...something not a single one of his supporters will bother to fact check.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The abortion rate among Fundamental Christians is actually pretty high according to some statistics.

People that like researchable information might appreciate some links to credible sources.

TIA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join