It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who says he feared mass shootings accidentally shoots stranger in movie theater, police say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

A man accused of shooting a stranger liberal Jihadist Pinko Commie Liberul at a Renton movie theater told officers he was carrying an unholstered gun because he worried about mass shootings was defending our freedums, police said.

Now it's really fixed, that is a paragraph worthy of Fox News or Brietbart.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hey now, this is a gun owner bashing thread and we shall not have anything but negative remarks concerning guns, gun owners and the obvious insanity of anyone who would even think of owning or carrying a weapon.
You know....the usual.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: xuenchen

Hey now, this is a gun owner bashing thread and we shall not have anything but negative remarks concerning guns, gun owners and the obvious insanity of anyone who would even think of owning or carrying a weapon.
You know....the usual.

No it ain't like that!
I mean, hell yeah... if that woman had been armed she could have pulled out her gun and shot back at him (even though it was an accident) and then the situation would have been EVEN BETTER!!! Right?!?!?
See I'm on your side!! Everyone needs a gun because things can get crazy out there!!!
Rightttt??????

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Like I said in the other thread.

This is why you don't walk around with one in the chamber.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Witnesses said he appeared to be intoxicated plus he was also on anxiety meds.

According to another witness, he stumbled into a nearby restaurant and dropped his gun on the floor.

After drinking just one beer? I don't think so...

Throw in the fact that he left the scene of a crime and has a prior DUI and I would say things are not looking too good for this guy.

The suspected shooter, 29-year-old Dane Gallion of Newcastle, faced a judge over the weekend. Court documents allege Gallion admitted to drinking a beer and taking anxiety medication before going to the movies Thursday night.

But, Gallion has a prior arrest for DUI – and witnesses in Renton said he appeared to be intoxicated. That, and because he allegedly left the crime scene, the judge granted Gallion $25,000 bail.

q13fox.com...

Depending on how often he takes Xanax and how much he took, plus a 22 oz beer, he easily could have been intoxicated enough to be stumbling and spilling his gun out of his hand.

The guy was stupid enough to be carrying a chambered firearm and drink alcohol after taking a Xanax. I'm all for gun ownership, I just wish we had a magic way to determine who is too stupid to own one. This guy is clearly too stupid to own a gun or a vehicle.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Just like a poster said in another thread, it's gun owners like this who will kill the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Part of gun ownership and gun safty is glaringly obvious in this case: the guy was on meds that make you drowsy AND consuming alcohol.

It even says in the medical info of the medication "do not operate heavy machinery" and "avoid driving" AND AVOID CONSUPTION OF ALCOHOL!- same goes for general alcohol rules, combine the two and you have a disaster one way or another, even if its just the guy falling down. (A well known benzodiazepine rule [xanax is one of these drugs]: combination of the two, the drug and alcohol has a multiplication effect, can be MUCH more dangerous to the health of the person taking it and the safety of others).

This was not just irresponsible of the guy about the decision to take the gun to a public theatre but to be have a gun on himself at all.

edit on b4646919 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This was your typical Administration false flag to inspire paranoia and fear for naive utopia hippies to continue to scream "AHH OMG GUNS! SCARY! SAVE ME MEN WITH GUNS AND BADGES AND TAKE AWAY ALL THE GUNS!"

Fueling the sheeps fear to demand the wolves to watch them, and make sure nobody has teeth or claws to fight back in the event said wolf becomes hungry.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I heard they found a live round on the floor/under his seat, sounds like he actually chambered a round when one already in?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
THIS is the argument against the "good guy with a gun" rhetoric.

More like scared spitless coward with a gun. I'm certain, though, that the victim feels eternally grateful to the patriot, hero who saved her from some bad guy.

No, it's not, because any responsible gun owner would say that this guy was not being a "good guy." It is irresponsible to carry your firearm while intoxicated, if not illegal (it is in some states). It is also irresponsible to be messing with your firearm in a crowded theater. It is also the most irresponsible of all to place your finger on the trigger of a firearm that you do not intend to fire, or to carry it in such a way that the trigger is not covered at all times.

No, this was not a "good guy with a gun," this guy is just a simple idiot that makes good guys with guns be labeled with hyperbole and stereotypes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

No...this is why you don't drink while taking medication that multiplies the effects of alcohol and then carry a loaded gun into a movie theater and either play with it to the point of firing it, or lose control of it making it fire itself (which, if anyone knows anything about firearms, is a highly unlikely scenario), or carry it inappropriately and dangerously, as the case is here.

The story says that he kept it unholstered in his waistband...a big red flag right there that this guy should not be carrying a firearm as he seems woefully incompetent. Couple that with his high anxiety to start with, plus apparent paranoia, plus being under the influence, and this was a disaster waiting to happen.

But to competent every-day carriers of a concealed weapon who are properly trained tactically, carrying one in the chamber is much more intelligent that not, because you never know on the small chance that you will even need to use that weapon defensively if you'll be able to rack the slide by the time you need to use it.

I wish the stories mentioned the type of firearm (brand and model), then I'd know if the likelihood of it firing after being dropped is either unlikely or damn-near impossible. For the vast majority of every-day-carry type pistols, there's either a trigger safety or such a strong trigger that a fall from a movie theater seat will not cause the weapon to fire.
edit on 27-1-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join