It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Decades of Denial National Cancer Institute Finally Admits that “Cannabis Kills Cancer”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The writing is on the wall. All you need to do is know where to look. People all over have won their battle with cancer using cannabis treatments. The battle is finding the right cannabinoid levels and administration method. In Tommy Chongs case it was a suppository of phoenix tears.

'Tommy Chong’s cancer battle takes a turn for the worse' pagesix.com... So much for the oil!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
what we need is a chemical that can somehow read cell's genealogy and recognize it as a cancer cell. extremely hard to do even by non chemical means. the answer may not be a chemical solution at all as far as i can see. we may need a form of virus modded to destroy only cells that are vastly different from its neighbors.

Amgen is collaborating with Merck on a study pairing its treatment (imlygic) with the Anti-PD-1 drug Keytruda in melanoma and head and neck cancer. Also Roche has signed on to match its atezolizumab, an Anti-PD-L1 therapy, with it in breast and colon cancers. It also still in a trial with Ipilimumab in melanoma and data has been presented at ASCO meetinglibrary.asco.org... It's even be tried in pancreatic cancer. There are also many other oncolytic viruses too neuro-oncology.oxfordjournals.org...

Even bacteria has been used - intratumoral injection of Clostridium novyi-NT spores induces antitumor responses www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... annonc.oxfordjournals.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Agartha -- More human trials in progress. I wanted to be sure you saw these too!

originally posted by: jondoeuk

originally posted by: daveinats
I believe they are talking of Cannabis Oil...not smoking it.

I highly doubt it. It's likely they are referring to highly purified canabinoid agonists (i.e., THC, CBD and so on) and discuss the preclinical data. There have been very few studies in humans in regards to treating cancer www.nature.com... but this is now changing and a number are either planned or ongoing www.cancerresearchuk.org... clinicaltrials.gov... clinicaltrials.gov... clinicaltrials.gov...

Again, thank you for the links!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Synthetic marijuana is what crack was in the 80's. If big pharma is behind it? Must be another mind control drug/program. #disclosure

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
While, I am in no way an expert on the matter, having only done little research on the issue.

It appears to me that due to the lack of evidence in human trials, because of the lack of in vivo studies, it is too early to claim cannabis as an end-all cure for even certain types of cancers. From what I have seen it has shown promise as a treatment, in conjunction with traditional cancer treatments; however, the overt claim that cannabis alone can "cure" you of cancer is outrageous and unfounded, as of now, there is not enough scientifically backed evidence to make that claim.

I am, by no means, stating that there are not medicinal properties to cannabis, I know it has been used for numerous purposes from anti-nausea, to increasing the appetite of persons going through chemo.

edit on 26 1 2016 by ShayVirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
soon it will be legal but I rather see it legal n help people that need it

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ShayVirus

from anti-nausea, to increasing the appetite of persons going through chemo.

Not in my experience. Though results vary.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ShayVirus

from anti-nausea, to increasing the appetite of persons going through chemo.

Isn't personal use frowned upon here?

Or is it only "pro" use?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShayVirus
While, I am in no way an expert on the matter, having only done little research on the issue.

It appears to me that due to the lack of evidence in human trials, because of the lack of in vivo studies, it is too early to claim cannabis as an end-all cure for even certain types of cancers.

The OP is about the National Cancer Institute acknowledging on their website that cannabis kills cancer cells... or, more appropriately, cannabinoids within the cannabis plant kill cancer cells. The NCI website also provides information on past/present studies using cannabis and/or its cannabinoids.

I am, by no means, stating that there are not medicinal properties to cannabis, I know it has been used for numerous purposes from anti-nausea, to increasing the appetite of persons going through chemo.

You are referring to the known medicinal and therapeutic qualities of the cannabinoid THC, usually smoked or vaped. Other cannabinoids, such as CBGs and CBDs have been shown to have a stimulating effect on our own immune systems via endocannabinoid receptors throughout our bodies, usually taken in oils, teas, or edibles. CBDs have been shown to kill cancer cells in vivo. CBDs have been shown to shrink tumors (and a human trial is ongoing). CBDs and CBGs have also shown antibacterial and antibiotic properties in studies going back to the 1950s. CBDs and CBGs are not psychoactive like THC.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntoast
soon it will be legal but I rather see it legal n help people that need it

Me too. I don't think it ever should have criminalized to begin with. I doubt Big Pharma understood when they helped have it criminalized that it had so many medicinal properties; but they knew it had enough to not want the competition.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have read that cannabis can cause nausea. I don't remember under what circumstances though... if it was a certain combo of cannabinoids or what.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Good thread. Aside of the snide comments, I've wondered the same as you. In the days of wearing a young mans clothes, I smoked my fill of pot. Eventually i got bored with it and quit. I never thought the plant warranted the harsh propaganda associated with it. Eventually, I figured it was true that it was "demonized" by Wall St. so as to ban hemp and make other fibers available for textile applications. In other words, Hemp was "too" cheap and could not be patented and a new world of, and the expansion of "alternative" fibers meant future profits to those who wear fine shoes. Also, they could be patented.

The only way to gain a ban on hemp was to "convince" the nation that the plant is evil and horrific consequences awaited for those who avoided the propaganda. The mere fact that cannabis has been used throughout time for numerous reasons, particularly in healing applications, must be eliminated by those with nefarious intent. Therefore, the use of cannabis must be criminalized in society. If there was a real hazard of cannabis it was the hazard of ruining one's character with a record of criminal behavior.

You're thread is worthy of consideration if for no other reason we now have evidence of beneficial properties for healing. Now, the establishment is eating crow. All of those who knew they were right in making us safe from the Devil's weed now are seen for what they are. A bunch of ignorant do-gooders hell bent on dictating human behavior for their pleasure. If it was possible to calculate in dollars of the harm inflicted upon good and productive citizens, it would match the funding of the cold war if all areas of concern i.e., prison time, family loss of income, loss of children, attorney bills, divorce etc., were converted into the equation.

If you are a true libertarian as I, and you find it humorous knowing the silly attempts of the ruling class to force people to their demands, you'd laugh like I and at the same time be sad and angry of the damage they created among others that wont be intimidated. It's like making suicide a crime. To do so means you care not what they deem. Smoking pot is like that. If I decide later in life I wish to smoke pot again, either for recreation or for therapeutic purposes, I will. I don't need permission by govt. officials to dictate my behavior and people like Gov. Christie can kiss me where the sun does not shine.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dagann

If you are a true libertarian as I, and you find it humorous knowing the silly attempts of the ruling class to force people to their demands, you'd laugh like I and at the same time be sad and angry of the damage they created among others that wont be intimidated.

Yup! Guilty as charged (wink!).

Very well said -- everything. In the name of protecting us from ourselves, but while actually using law and law enforcement to benefit the few at the expense of the many, they have harmed many in countless ways, and let too many suffer (even die) for their greed and avarice.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Amen PAINTERZ. This is just another instance of the pot heads wanting to legalize the drug. Then it will be a short step to another 'good drug'. Check out what happened in Switzerland and Sweden when drugs and/or needles were legalized. Not good!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

A handgun kills cancer cells. What's your point?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VoiceOfDissent

Welcome to ATS!!!

If you meant to leave a comment after the quote, it didn't come through...

If you just thought the quote was worthy of repeating, that's cool; but we're also supposed to write at least a couple lines about our take on it. Just FYI

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I still believe a strong mind can cure almost everything. The subconscious mind is too powerful.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nito92
I still believe a strong mind can cure almost everything. The subconscious mind is too powerful.

I think you may be right.... at least, I sure can't argue!

Our bodies and minds have been so polluted, I think many natural functions have been compromised. And that may very well be one of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well maybe our mind cant do everything of course but I believe the subconscious is way too powerful (for the good and for the bad, like everything really) indeed friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23
Well I had cancer when I was 8. Started smoking when I was 13. Always believed it helps me not getting it back and also with other stuff. Well that's my believe in the plant 'god' gave us. Should be legalized. Almost over here (like few years ago but who know maybe one day. Live next to holland... there are better newscasts then here... also #ed up people but less and very different people. Openminded people.. but I do hate there "I know better blablabla" thing. If this article is recent or not it's the first time I see this one. Thanks but when it will be used also in lower classes is a diffent question..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join