It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Decades of Denial National Cancer Institute Finally Admits that “Cannabis Kills Cancer”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoneJ
The reason that cannabis are easily to be over used and wrongly used should be taken into consideration...

You make an excellent point. As with so many medicines, there are adverse affects to be considered, including abuse. With cannabis specifically, the cannabinoids which stimulate our own immune systems, and which have shown the ability to kill cancer cells, are not psychoactive.

... if it's true that the Organization wants to protect some big pharma's interests.

At this point, there are too many laws and regulations on the books which prove otherwise...

But I don't think things are going in the way as you described. Drug discovery and development is a long process, and identifying a drug for a certain diseases is also a time-consuming process...

Very true -- researching and developing medications can be a long and intensive process. Especially when one is trying to turn a natural unpatentable plant into a synthesized and patentable product for all the wrong reasons. However, the cannabis and its cannabinoids is not a new field of study -- although it was restricted for far too long for (again) all the wrong reasons.

... no easy decisions should be made for any diseases, or it will be too late to save the people from the adverse effects of the drugs.

True. However, likewise, it's already been too late to save people from the adverse effects of diseases which cannabis can treat. People have a natural inalienable right to try to heal themselves using the fruits of the earth.

P.S. Welcome to ATS!
edit on 26-1-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Most of these studies are intended for people within the field to scrutinize, so when you just post them without understanding them you do everyone a disservice.

Then good thing you are here to make the record you want to make, eh?

I obviously did not conduct the study, and I obviously did not come to the conclusions of this study... others with far more knowledge than I did all that.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I've looked at a lot of this and it always surprises me that people still tackle the dilemma with " I knew someone who smoked cannabis and died of cancer."

We have decades of misinformation and disinformation to undo...

After all the research that has been done it's clear that CBD (cannabidiol) is the active compound that kills the cancer cells.
Best route to go is to directly inject CBD extract into the tumor and you should be good.

I'm not sure its that simple. The cannabinoids also work in synergy with each other; this is also called the entourage effect. CBGs play an important part as well. In fact, it is believed that all cannabinoids begin as CBGs, and that CBGs are therefore always present and required for maximum healing effects.

Still so much to research and understand...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Boadicea

A handgun kills cancer cells. What's your point?

WOOOW....
That must have been THE dumbest reply
in history... Seriously.....

Heres Another.... :
A handgun eradicates ignorance aswell.....
edit on 2016/1/26 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Hiya Boadicea! Hope you are ok!

I know for a fact that there has been lots of research on cannabinoids since the '70s, it's never bee hidden, so the title of that article is misleading (I know it's not your title). If you go to PubMed you will find hundreds of studies:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Thank you -- PubMed is wonderful!!!

Unfortunately success with mice and petri dish doesn't necessarily translate to success in humans, but scientists keep on working on it and one day, perhaps, they will have an 'eureka' moment regarding this topic. So far there have been no human trials to test the effect of cannabinoids and cancer and there is zero evidence cannabis has 'killed' cancer in people, like the article in the OP says.

This is so true.... success in vitro does not necessarily assure success in vivo. I did read of one clinical study in progress on humans testing CBDs on solid tumors at National Cancer Institute. I expect that with the legalization of medical marijuana in various states, that personal experiences and observations may help nudge the process along.

Here is a great website I follow and I think it may interest you: icrs.co...

Wow! Thank you! That is a wealth of information there... and I already know I won't understand half of it, but I'll enjoy trying to figure it out... maybe a little anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
Would the same theory apply using CBD from hemp?

I know you didn't direct this to me... but as I understand it, yes, CBD can be derived from the leaves and flowers of hemp, and to a lesser extent from the stalk, but not from the seeds.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Thank you, I know I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this topic, but I am definitely aware that cannabis contains a lot of active compounds which have been shown to interact with our bodies in varying ways specifically relating to health (especially CBD). Most of the time smoking the plant matter will not deliver the necessary compounds to where it should be and people need to be aware that smoking weed will not cure cancer.

But extracting the right compounds, in the right amounts and applying in whatever manner is best suited to the type of cancer has delivered extremely promising results.

We should really get someone who has knowledge on the different compounds and how they cause apoptosis in cancer cells.

I really see this plant helping us in the future with a lot of chronic diseases and maybe even general health.
Lets just make sure it's available to the public and does not get taken over by big pharma.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
My good friend smoked cannabis for over 40 years...Died of Cancer..S&F for the thread though.

My fiance died from kidney cancer after radiation and chemo.

What's your point?
edit on 26-1-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I did read of one clinical study in progress on humans testing CBDs on solid tumors at National Cancer Institute.

I can't remember reading that one...... could you please post the link? (and apologies if you have already done so and I've missed it)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

From The Free Thought Project, August 2015:

After Decades of Denial National Cancer Institute Finally Admits that “Cannabis Kills Cancer”

Although still claiming, “there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy,” the admission that “cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory,” highlights a rapidly changing perspective on medicinal cannabis treatments.

The National Cancer Institute notes the many medical studies (some still ongoing) that have shown that cannabis kills cancer cells, but these studies have been conducted in vitro and on animals, hence the lack of "enough evidence to recommend" for humans, although there is one trial listed showing the use of the cannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD) orally to humans to treat solid tumors.

As much as I'd like to believe our federal government (and Big Pharma) are finally trying to do the right thing, I don't. I think they are trying to use it for their own best interests -- not our best interests -- by keeping cannabis and all its healing properties under their complete control and direction. It still hasn't been taken off the Schedule I for drugs with no medicinal benefits. And Big Pharma is still trying to synthesize it, knowing full well that the greatest benefits are derived from the whole plants and all its cannabinoids working together in synergy. But that's not patentable and not controllable. Instead, as the National Cancer Institute tells us:

Cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in clinical trials for ways to manage side effects of cancer and cancer therapies...

Not to treat cancer... not to kill cancer.... not as a primary cancer treatment... but just to "manage" the side effects of cancer and (especially) Big Pharma's and Big Med's cancer therapies, like radiation and chemotherapy. And some of it borders on fraud. For example:

“Evidence from one animal study suggests that extracts from whole-plant marijuana can shrink one of the most serious types of brain tumors,” the NIDA said. “Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this ^^^ makes no sense to me. Radiation kills ALL cells, including cancer cells. Cannabis only kills cancer cells, NOT healthy cells. Cannabis doesn't need radiation to be effective. If cannabis aids radiation, it's because cannabis is a superior healing product.

But cannabis cannot be patented. At least not alone. Radiation treatments can be patented. As can a treatment process that includes cannabis. So if Big Pharma can show that their radiation treatments work better with cannabis, they can patent that process. It doesn't matter if cannabis would work better alone. They don't have to prove that. They don't even have to do what is in our best interests. And non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality clauses allow them to keep any such knowledge secret. They don't have to tell us.

This is the second time I've seen this play in action. The first time was when we were told that colloidal silver makes antibiotics more effective.. Well, since colloidal silver is a powerful NATURAL antibiotic in and of itself, I would expect that it would improve treatment with prescription antibiotics. It's also quite possible that colloidal silver is simply a superior healing agent that performs better than prescription antibiotics to begin with. But as long as the patent laws are what they are, they don't have to tell us that.

And it was for many of the same reasons that Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers were reluctant to even include patent laws in the Constitution, and tried to limit their application and issuance. They knew that patent laws could be and would be abused to serve the best interests of the few at the expense of the many, denying people their natural rights to the fruits of the earth and the wonders of nature.... including -- nay! especially!!! -- those that can save our lives. But that's a whole 'nother thread!

Sorry if this sounds glib...but it didn't work for Bob Marley
who was a rastafarian!!
edit on Tue, 26 Jan 2016 05:07:25 -0600075America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Did Bob ingest concentrates or did he smoke joints (plant matter) laced with tobacco?

Poor example IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Thank you, I know I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this topic, but I am definitely aware that cannabis contains a lot of active compounds which have been shown to interact with our bodies in varying ways specifically relating to health (especially CBD). Most of the time smoking the plant matter will not deliver the necessary compounds to where it should be and people need to be aware that smoking weed will not cure cancer.

You may not be the most knowledgeable person, but you probably understand more than most people. Medical marijuana is not as simple as it is too often portrayed.

We should really get someone who has knowledge on the different compounds and how they cause apoptosis in cancer cells.

Blackmarketeer posted a great link with info on CBDs (I think it was on the first or second page, if you want to go back and find it). I know there are a couple very knowledgeable posters... maybe they'll grace us with their presence (and wisdom!)

I really see this plant helping us in the future with a lot of chronic diseases and maybe even general health.

I agree! I was very excited and optimistic when I learned about the endocannabinoid receptors throughout our body and they role they play in our immune system. It seems our bodies are made for cannabinoids and cannabinoids are made for us! Very promising.

Lets just make sure it's available to the public and does not get taken over by big pharma.

That may in fact be our biggest challenge. Grrrrrr.....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

No worries!

It's just a quick blurb at the National Cancer Institute link about halfway down the page:

Cancer
~ Studies in adults now in progress include:
~ Cannabidiol (CBD) by mouth to treat solid tumors.

I haven't tried to look it up further yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Think of it in this way.

Smoking milk thistle will do nothing for you.

Eating concentrated milk thistle extract will save your life if you happen to eat a death angel mushroom.

I swear what peeves me off the most is the snarky replies of "well so and so smoked a plant and they still got cancer".

It's the concentrated form that is proven. NOT smoking plant material.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Sorry if this sounds glib...but it didn't work for Bob Marley
who was a rastafarian!!

RIP Bob Marley.

Unfortunately, smoking weed does not have the medicinal effects Mr. Marley needed, which is an effective means of delivery for THC, but not the cannabinoids which activate the immune system response. Mr. Marley did not have the opportunity to treat himself with the cannabis products we have today. He chose another natural diet-based method of treatment available at the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Think of it in this way.

Smoking milk thistle will do nothing for you.

Eating concentrated milk thistle extract will save your life if you happen to eat a death angel mushroom.

Great analogy!!!

I swear what peeves me off the most is the snarky replies of "well so and so smoked a plant and they still got cancer".

It's the concentrated form that is proven. NOT smoking plant material.

It's very frustrating. But sometimes it takes a while to unlearn the "facts" we think we know. I'm most disappointed that so many people don't even bother reading the information provided to educate themselves before making such snarky remarks. [ [ Big Sigh ] ]

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

No worries!

It's just a quick blurb at the National Cancer Institute link about halfway down the page:

Cancer
~ Studies in adults now in progress include:
~ Cannabidiol (CBD) by mouth to treat solid tumors.

I haven't tried to look it up further yet.

I saw that but as it said in progress I didn't search, however, I did now and unfortunately the results have not been posted yet. Here is the link: clinicaltrials.gov...

So lots of studies ongoing but no solid evidence that it works on humans as yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I prefer a tincur filled to the brim with the cure all; in a spiced hot tea;

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I saw that but as it said in progress I didn't search, however, I did now and unfortunately the results have not been posted yet. Here is the link: clinicaltrials.gov...

Thank you for the link. I didn't expect any results yet, but I do want to read about how they're conducting the trial. While studying the vaccine studies, I've been fascinated by different approaches and areas of focus, that all contribute to the greater body of knowledge, sometimes leading to unexpected discoveries or links, how one study leads to another study... One of these days, I want to really dig into the cannabis studies. I don't know what I'll find yet, but that's what makes it such an exciting prospect! But first, I need to get through the vaccine studies... I'm stuck on the mitochondrial studies right now. I've just got some mental block that's not letting me understand it all. Ugh!

So lots of studies ongoing but no solid evidence that it works on humans as yet.

I am so very optimistic about the cannabis studies -- and, ultimately, treatments -- because of the research discovering the endocannabinoid receptors. Time may prove otherwise, but it does seem that our bodies are designed for cannabinoids -- and vice versa. There's obviously much we're missing at this point, but the possibilities and promise are amazing, but once we figure it out... OH MY GOD!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Well, let see what happens, medicine is progressing so fast, who knows what we'll discover in the near future. But I love your enthusiasm!

Have you ever considered doing a course? (instead of self studying). Because despite of what some say, I can assure you that being part of a university (college) can broaden your research in a way google will never be able to do it (lots of research is free through a university but incredibly costly otherwise). And learning from 'experts' can help you understand how to read the results.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join