It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Decades of Denial National Cancer Institute Finally Admits that “Cannabis Kills Cancer”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
From The Free Thought Project, August 2015:

After Decades of Denial National Cancer Institute Finally Admits that “Cannabis Kills Cancer”

Although still claiming, “there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy,” the admission that “cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory,” highlights a rapidly changing perspective on medicinal cannabis treatments.

The National Cancer Institute notes the many medical studies (some still ongoing) that have shown that cannabis kills cancer cells, but these studies have been conducted in vitro and on animals, hence the lack of "enough evidence to recommend" for humans, although there is one trial listed showing the use of the cannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD) orally to humans to treat solid tumors.

As much as I'd like to believe our federal government (and Big Pharma) are finally trying to do the right thing, I don't. I think they are trying to use it for their own best interests -- not our best interests -- by keeping cannabis and all its healing properties under their complete control and direction. It still hasn't been taken off the Schedule I for drugs with no medicinal benefits. And Big Pharma is still trying to synthesize it, knowing full well that the greatest benefits are derived from the whole plants and all its cannabinoids working together in synergy. But that's not patentable and not controllable. Instead, as the National Cancer Institute tells us:

Cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in clinical trials for ways to manage side effects of cancer and cancer therapies...

Not to treat cancer... not to kill cancer.... not as a primary cancer treatment... but just to "manage" the side effects of cancer and (especially) Big Pharma's and Big Med's cancer therapies, like radiation and chemotherapy. And some of it borders on fraud. For example:

“Evidence from one animal study suggests that extracts from whole-plant marijuana can shrink one of the most serious types of brain tumors,” the NIDA said. “Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this ^^^ makes no sense to me. Radiation kills ALL cells, including cancer cells. Cannabis only kills cancer cells, NOT healthy cells. Cannabis doesn't need radiation to be effective. If cannabis aids radiation, it's because cannabis is a superior healing product.

But cannabis cannot be patented. At least not alone. Radiation treatments can be patented. As can a treatment process that includes cannabis. So if Big Pharma can show that their radiation treatments work better with cannabis, they can patent that process. It doesn't matter if cannabis would work better alone. They don't have to prove that. They don't even have to do what is in our best interests. And non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality clauses allow them to keep any such knowledge secret. They don't have to tell us.

This is the second time I've seen this play in action. The first time was when we were told that colloidal silver makes antibiotics more effective.. Well, since colloidal silver is a powerful NATURAL antibiotic in and of itself, I would expect that it would improve treatment with prescription antibiotics. It's also quite possible that colloidal silver is simply a superior healing agent that performs better than prescription antibiotics to begin with. But as long as the patent laws are what they are, they don't have to tell us that.

And it was for many of the same reasons that Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers were reluctant to even include patent laws in the Constitution, and tried to limit their application and issuance. They knew that patent laws could be and would be abused to serve the best interests of the few at the expense of the many, denying people their natural rights to the fruits of the earth and the wonders of nature.... including -- nay! especially!!! -- those that can save our lives. But that's a whole 'nother thread!

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My good friend smoked cannabis for over 40 years...Died of Cancer..S&F for the thread though.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

A handgun kills cancer cells. What's your point?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This is information isn't new.

Pretty much the same information published in 2012:

PDF

edit on 25/1/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

A handgun kills cancer cells. What's your point?

Did you not read the OP? That's okay. Just gives me a chance to reinforce my point -- thank you!

Like radiation, a hand gun kills ALL cells. Cannabis kills cancer cells, leaving the healthy cells alone. You may prefer a handgun to kill cancer; most of us prefer the lease invasive method with the fewest adverse side effects and the most effective healing abilities. Like Cannabis.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

This is information isn't new.

Pretty much the same information published in 2012:

PDF

Thank you for pointing that out...

And, by extension, pointing out that a known natural healing substance is criminalized as a drug with no known medicinal benefits, and our access to life saving medicine is denied, even as Big Pharma tries desperately to synthesize and patent it for THEIR benefit... not ours.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Holy ****...that's pretty impressive news...maybe they can put it in the bloodstream like an IV drip...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Holy ****...that's pretty impressive news...maybe they can put it in the bloodstream like an IV drip...

Hmmmm... maybe! I've never thought about that before, but IV-drip is a very efficient method of delivery and distribution for at least some meds, so why not cannabinoids? If I ever hear of someone developing such a treatment, I will immediately think of you!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
8 Things You Should Know About Cannabidiol (CBD)

Thank you for the link! That's an awesome article; very informative, very easily understood, and so very important! It's well worth the read.

And explains how Big Pharma and government rationalize their crimes against humanity:

According to the federal government, specific components of the marijuana plant (THC, CBD) have medical value, but the plant itself does not have medical value. Uncle Sam’s single-molecule blinders reflect a cultural and political bias that privileges Big Pharma products. Single-molecule medicine is the predominant corporate way, the FDA-approved way, but it’s not the only way, and it’s not necessarily the optimal way to benefit from cannabis therapeutics. Cannabis contains several hundred compounds, including various flavonoids, aromatic terpenes, and many minor cannabinoids in addition to THC and CBD. Each of these compounds has specific healing attributes, but when combined they create what scientists refer to as a holistic “entourage effect,” so that the therapeutic impact of the whole plant is greater than the sum of its single-molecule parts. The Food and Drug Administration, however, isn’t in the business of approving plants as medicine.

(Bolding by me -- Boadicea)

Thank you again, BlackMarketeer!!!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
My good friend smoked cannabis for over 40 years...Died of Cancer..S&F for the thread though.

I don't think anyone believes smoking cannabis chronically (please excuse the pun) will prevent or cure all cancers, and cases of individuals with a high, lifelong intake do not serve as evidence against the ability of cannabis to kill cancer cells.

It's only a "miracle drug" in comparison to solve of its Big Pharma counterparts, not an *actual* "miracle" drug. If it was foolproof, everyone would be consuming it, laws or not, and cancer would be gone forever.

Also, simply smoking high THC cannabis may not be much of a benefit at all against any cancers.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I appreciate the point -- and it's an important point to make, that just smoking pot isn't going to prevent/cure anything (except maybe insomnia!) -- but it's important to understand that different methods of preparation and delivery have different healing benefits, as do the different cannabinoids -- both alone and in combination. Further medical research is needed to fully understand the best methods of preparation and delivery for different healing effects on various maladies. Smoking the dried plant material is an effective means of releasing the THC cannabinoid, which requires heat to be released, and inhalation (whether smoke or steam) is an efficient means of delivery in the body. This is very effective for pain, nausea, and other symptoms that respond to THC and/or the Endocannabinoid Receptors I; but it is apparently not so effective or efficient for other cannabinoids which stimulate the Endocannabinoid Receptors 2, an integral and vital part of our immune systems, enabling our bodies to fight cancer and other ills naturally.

In terms of oral ingestion, the cannabinoids can also be extracted with solvents or oils, and ingested via oils, tinctures, teas, pills, etc. Another ATSer suggested use in an IV-drip.

The link posted by Blackmarketeer explains some of this -- and much better than me!

8 Things You Should Know About Cannabidiol (CBD)

ETA: P.S. Sorry I didn't respond to your post right away. I totally missed it! I didn't even realize you had posted until someone else responded to you. My apologies.
edit on 25-1-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Allow me to share a bit of experience with diagnosies....I have 4 different diagnosis from 40+ experts at 2 very top medical universities. Not even close to each other. They all agree...I don't have cancer.

My point being, you can be wronfully diagnosed by the very best or worst of doctors.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

sigh - in laboratory tests - hydrofluric acid destroys all cancer cells and all pathogens

oh - also destroys most of the lab equipment and disolved the lab technician - but hey thats just a minor " side effect "

i am sure that the difference between in vivo and in vito has been explained to you more than once

so why are we here again ?

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

sigh - in laboratory tests - hydrofluric acid destroys all cancer cells and all pathogens

oh - also destroys most of the lab equipment and disolved the lab technician - but hey thats just a minor " side effect "

Hence the significance -- and natural beauty -- of cannabis, which only kills the unhealthy cancer cells and NOT healthy cells. Thank you for again highlighting that very important truth!

i am sure that the difference between in vivo and in vito has been explained to you more than once

I am well aware of the difference (and significance) between "in vivo" and "in vitro," hence my inclusion of the following in the OP:

...these studies have been conducted in vitro and on animals, hence the lack of "enough evidence to recommend" for humans...

But to clarify for those who do not know the difference, "in vitro" refers to studies performed "in the glass," such as petri dishes and test tubes, and "in vivo" refers to studies performed "in the living," such as animals and humans.

The lack of such studies says nothing negative about cannabis' healing qualities... but it says much negative about Big Pharma.

so why are we here again ?

To once again demonstrate the amazing healing qualities of a natural plant, a weed, which should be widely available and easily accessible, but which has been criminalized and artificially restricted for the selfish benefits of the few at the expense of the many. At least that's why I'm here. I'm not sure why you're here, but I have my suspicions...
edit on 25-1-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

CBD oil has been shown to kill cancer cells and not healthy cells. MUCH better than the current level of cancer treatment, namely chemo before shuffling you off to the hospice to die while the "health care" (note the sarcastic quotes) industry drains your bank account and insurers.

ETA: Cannabis and Cannabinoids–for health professionals (PDQ®) (cancer.gov)
edit on 25-1-2016 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So wait, they admit that marijuana kills cancer cells but they can't recommend it to treat cancer? What kind of sense does that make? That's like saying dieting had been proven to cause weight loss but they can't recommend you dieting to lose weight. What a dumb statement.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Marijuana helps against which cancer???? Cancer is not a single disease, it is a whole faimily of diseases. The onlist thing that is common is that the cancer-cells dont follow the standard way cells are supposed to grow. Some may travel in your blood system/lymp system to other areas in your body and start gorwing there. Some stay in the same area and just never dies. Etc, wtc, etc. To say mariuana kills all types of cancer is the same as saying antibiotics cure every disease

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Great thread! S&Fs! My mother-in-law has a brain tumor, right now, and I'm going to pass on this article. She'll be having radiation treatment but was told it will only stop the growth of the tumor. So, she'll also have brain surgery to remove what the radiation will not shrink.

I'd love if she would consider cannabis oil, too.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Marijuana helps against which cancer????

Breast cancer -- both estrogen dominant and otherwise, colon cancer, skin cancer, and more...

Cancer is not a single disease, it is a whole faimily of diseases. The onlist thing that is common is that the cancer-cells dont follow the standard way cells are supposed to grow. Some may travel in your blood system/lymp system to other areas in your body and start gorwing there. Some stay in the same area and just never dies.

Which is the exciting and amazingly incredible and beautiful thing about cannabinoids being so effective against so many types of cancer! And so many other diseases/conditions!!!

And why denying people these healing gifts of nature is truly a crime against humanity.... not to mention criminalizing and caging those who exercise the natural inalienable right to nature's gifts.

To say mariuana kills all types of cancer is the same as saying antibiotics cure every disease

Of course, you do realize that I never said "marijuana kills all types of cancer." I really don't know if it does or not, and I doubt you do either. (If you do know of a type of cancer that cannabis does not kill, please share.) However, we do know that antibiotics do not cure every type of disease. So it's really not the same thing. One is a known and one is an unknown.

Another important distinction is that antibiotics work alone -- without any help from the body's immune system -- to kill both good and bad organisms in the body. Cannabinoids not only work alone to fight cancer and disease, but also work with the immune system, specifically the endocannabinoid receptors, to stimulate and activate our own disease fighting capabilities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join