It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micheal Bloomberg eyeing possible run as independent...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Bloomberg dissatisfied with field...

Michael R. Bloomberg has instructed advisers to draw up plans for a potential independent campaign in this year’s presidential race. His advisers and associates said he was galled by Donald J. Trump’s dominance of the Republican field, and troubled by Hillary Clinton’s stumbles and the rise of Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont on the Democratic side.

Aren't we all more than a little dissatisfied?

The first question that needs asking is this... What would a Bloomberg candidacy bring to the table. Aside from stealing votes from Clinton, I mean.

I be honest, I know very little about the man. But Hillary doesn't like him, doesn't want him in the race. That, alone makes me think he'll be worth listening to.

As mayor, he didn't take a salary. I'm told he rode the subway to work. But that's virtually, for the moment, the sum total of my knowledge of the man.

So, ATS'ers, what are your thoughts? Bear in mind here, I know nothing of the man, but I'm not really interested in hyperbolic flights of angst. I'll make up my own mind, but to do that, honest thoughts, folks.

Enlighten me.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Bloomberg dissatisfied with field...

Michael R. Bloomberg has instructed advisers to draw up plans for a potential independent campaign in this year’s presidential race. His advisers and associates said he was galled by Donald J. Trump’s dominance of the Republican field, and troubled by Hillary Clinton’s stumbles and the rise of Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont on the Democratic side.

Aren't we all more than a little dissatisfied?

The first question that needs asking is this... What would a Bloomberg candidacy bring to the table. Aside from stealing votes from Clinton, I mean.

I be honest, I know very little about the man. But Hillary doesn't like him, doesn't want him in the race. That, alone makes me think he'll be worth listening to.

As mayor, he didn't take a salary. I'm told he rode the subway to work. But that's virtually, for the moment, the sum total of my knowledge of the man.

So, ATS'ers, what are your thoughts? Bear in mind here, I know nothing of the man, but I'm not really interested in hyperbolic flights of angst. I'll make up my own mind, but to do that, honest thoughts, folks.

Enlighten me.

Ex Banker head and Goldman Sachs crony, Fiscal Conservative, Global Warming fanatic, Education hawk, wants ALL Illegal Immigrants to be PERMANENT Residents.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Michael R. Bloomberg is funding Anti-Gun movement across the US. That will be his down fall in southern states.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Huge Turd...not a threat to any candidate...he is pretty much universally hated

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Little midget fruitcake liberal that banned sodas and tried to ban guns but his security is still packing. On my people I'll honk my horn in celebration of their death list.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Actually, I've heard things along the lines of while he's disliked, he's also respected universally.

The question that occurs to me, actually it was suggested to me as a reason he might very well be a viable candidate, is because even some of his more virulent critics say he left the city in better shape then when he was elected.

This same person said that while he had issues with some of his policies, such as the stop and frisk, there was more that was good, then bad...

Again, I don't know enough yet for an informed opinion on the man. Thanks, though, for replying.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Oh yes, I forgot to add he's an Anti Gun fanatic too... and banned Sodas as a 'public service'

Huge creep and DBAG

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

My best estimation of the man is that he is a centrist progressive who feels the government must stick it's nose in every aspect of American lives and dictate what's best for them whether they like it or not. This is a political move to bleed votes from Hillary at best and maybe from Bernie as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Screw that pud completely. Gumby for President!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
He will save us all from the

This gets more surreal and absurd every day

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Actually, I've heard things along the lines of while he's disliked, he's also respected universally.

Maybe outside the US...
Oh , wait . You did say UNIVERSALLY . Not in this universe. I imagine there is a universe in the infinite multiverse (just one though) where he is respected.

edit on 25-1-2016 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Please continue discussing here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closing ...

new topics

top topics

join