It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broncos vs Panthers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

What do you guys think?

Long time Denver resident here, so I'm livin it up tonight!

I think it'll be a good game regardless, hopefully better than the Broncos Seahawks game of shame. And before that game I remember everyone telling me that defense wins championships. So what now?

So who's your pick?

I can guarantee Cam Newton will have a tougher time come game day than he did today

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Go Broncos!
Woo hoo! My honey was born in Denver, it was a good day for him here too!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
With the way the teams played tonight, it is shaping to be a great game. Both D's played lights out, so who ever can do that again I see taking the game.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I'd like to see Payton go out on top. Plus I've always thought Cam Newton was crazy in a Dennis Rodman kind of way.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Word to your honey!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I agree but Carson Palmer played horrible as well. 4 interceptions!

Hopefully Manning puts up a better fight. Oldest starting QB in super bowl history! Breaking records left and right

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah, he's pretty cocky. I don't have a problem with him, he's good. But he can't handle the D.

I'm imagining Brady crying right now.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well I think the Panthers D knocked him off his game a bit too.

I just want a good game, would be cool to see Peyton go out with one last ring though.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Me too buddy. I want a Denver win.

Either way his run has been historic

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Rather see Denver win. But the way the panthers have been playing........ I predict them taking it. The cam newton x factor really opens up the offense. Should be a good game.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Well I think the Broncos have a history of poor offensive line play deep in playoff runs.

If they do that well...then they might actually win. It will come down to the 2nd half and how many mistakes Carolina makes. I'm picking Denver 27-24

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Defense does win championships.

Unless your Eli Manning.

Will be a great game, I predicted this SB match up in week 12. Glad to see it manifesto the way it did.

Gotta give it up to Carolina, an NFC championship game, made it look like men amongst boys.

I see Carolina holding the Lombardi at the end of game.

24-20 Carolina Panthers, Cam Newton for MVP.

No bias, I like both teams, but I think Cam is the most physical and skillful quarterback broncos will ever play, as well as a tough run game with a blanket Tight end.

edit on 25-1-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The Broncos will be extending their infamous Super Bowl loss record.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Would love to see the Broncos try and run on Panthers defense.

The Panthers are gonna smother old Manning

hoping for a good game and so happy its not the Patriots

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The way the Panthers played yesterday, Denver better bring game or it's going to be a beating!

Either way, looking forward to a great Super Bowl!!!!

NO PATS!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What's everyone's snacks going to be for the game?

I'm doing bacon wrapped jumbo dogs broiled then covered in bbq sauce.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What's everyone's snacks going to be for the game?

We usually do one of the Chili Championship recipes, jalapeno corn bread, mac and cheese and other various healthful food items.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Panthers by a mile high and I'm no fan.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A little background....

I'm a sweat orange, bleed blue life long Broncos fan. My wife on the other hand is a die hard Panthers fan, and has been from their inauguration. So it's going to be an interesting two weeks in our house.

I've watched EVERY PLAY, from EVERY GAME by BOTH TEAMS for the past few years. It KILLS me to say this, but we(Broncos) are going to have a very hard time against Carolina in the Super Bowl. I'm not saying we don't have a chance, but this Carolina team isn't going to make it easy.

My thoughts on the game,

THE GOOD
1. Denver's defense is going to give Newton and his receivers one a hell of a time. Personally I think that our secondary will take neutralize Carolina's passing game.

2. Our D line should keep Cam pressured, but not contained, he'll be putting up most of Carolina's points.

3. Carolina's not going to have a blow out game

THE BAD
1. Carolina's defense is pretty damn good, and our offensive line, not so much.

2. Our O-line isn't great

3. Did I mention that our O-line sucks?

In summary, I think Denver's defense will keep them under control, better than anyone has this season. The biggest problem I can see is IF Denver can keep up with the scoring. Carolina WILL be putting up a few points, hopefully Denver can keep up. I think it's going to be an epic day for both teams defenses, I'm excited to see what Denver's D is going to do to Carolina.

As much as it hurts to say
24-17 Carolina

Hopefully I'm wrong

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Life long Bronco fan, so my judgement is skewed.

Aside from Manning and DT, there's not much on Denver that is the same as it was 2 years ago against the Squawks. Denver's passing offense is nowhere near as explosive as it was then, but their defense is a whole different level of aggressive dominance vs the 2013-2014 squad. I don't expect this to be a blowout.

Carolina doesn't have mad talent at the receiver positions. Denver has controlled the best TEs in football this season, so Olsen isn't going to pose a matchup problem. Denver's front 7 won't allow Stewart to have any rushing room while also pressuring Newton all game long.

Low scoring game, probably will be decided on turnovers and who's defense wears out first. Playing and practicing at altitude makes a difference here, and I think it is safe to say Denver's defensive conditioning is second to none. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Osweiler take a few situational snaps behind center... truth be told, I'd feel better about the game if Osweiler was starting.

Denver 20-16, Manning announces retirement from the postgame podium holding the Lombardi in one hand and a ceremonial SB MVP award in the other.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join