It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

There is a lively discussion on how female volunteers should dress. Tifa who is an Iranian and works in the women and children’s centre stands up in baggy jeans and a loose long sleeved top. Her long dark hair is neatly tied.

"This is the appropriate way for us to dress here. No miniskirts, no tight jeans, no long loose hair and we have to be careful about touching and hugging. It is not appropriate. For many people here these things are provocations and misunderstood, and we are not the ones who suffer the consequences, it is the women who live with these men. I understand what the men are saying and it’s not polite."

A woman from ‘No Borders’ disagrees:

"They are coming to Europe- they will be living amongst women like us. This is a chance to educate them."

"This is not the place to start, in a vulnerable community of 90% young men. There will be time for that. Right now our job is to protect any women living here from harassment."

"What about rape alarms?"

"No woman refuge would use a rape alarm- it would be shameful to for them to do so."
www.calaidipedia.co.uk...

Offered advice from the woman who understands, the No Borders woman choses to suggest her own obviously flawed plan.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

There is a lively discussion on how female volunteers should dress. Tifa who is an Iranian and works in the women and children’s centre stands up in baggy jeans and a loose long sleeved top. Her long dark hair is neatly tied.

"This is the appropriate way for us to dress here. No miniskirts, no tight jeans, no long loose hair and we have to be careful about touching and hugging. It is not appropriate. For many people here these things are provocations and misunderstood, and we are not the ones who suffer the consequences, it is the women who live with these men. I understand what the men are saying and it’s not polite."

A woman from ‘No Borders’ disagrees:

"They are coming to Europe- they will be living amongst women like us. This is a chance to educate them."

"This is not the place to start, in a vulnerable community of 90% young men. There will be time for that. Right now our job is to protect any women living here from harassment."

"What about rape alarms?"

"No woman refuge would use a rape alarm- it would be shameful to for them to do so."
www.calaidipedia.co.uk...

Offered advice from the woman who understands, the No Borders woman chooses to suggest her own obviously flawed plan.

What could possibly go wrong?

Is there something I'm missing or is the contents in the OP evidence that Islam is a brutal religion and is designed to suit blokes. It certainly seems to discriminate against women. It seems, under Islam that If a woman gets raped its her own fault which by extension seems to suggest that blokes have got the right to sexually assault women.

Is an Islamic bloke who has a wife or daughter got the right or even the obligation to kill the bloke that sexually assaulted his female?

Seems to me that things would be somewhat more just if they did such an obligation or the right.

edit on 25-1-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

When it comes to culture, it's tough to label it. Both are extreme in different ways. The west allows women unfettered tolerance when it comes to dress codes and promoting virtually any body part she's inclined to. It was far more restrictive in the day.

Simply put in the west women are dominant when it comes to sexual matters. The yea/nay mechanism is completely in their control.

In the Islamic world the yea nay, at least rule-wise is in the man's control. Both go to extremes that I can see.

Simply put, I prefer the one I'm used to despite this one area of disadvantage. Likewise the complete culture, itself.
I prefer mine...

Where the two cultures over-lap, the Islamic seems the more aggressive. The western version more passive and tolerant. If that continues, especially in light of the slippery slope that the west's culture seems subject to, Islam will win in the long run.

Unless there is a general attitude change in the west, that is....

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

How sad when women have to worry if their clothing is going to cause them to be raped that day, soo sad.

It is a cruel word after all.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It is sad and something that will take time to change, we're still not 100% there ourselves and our culture never had to dodge bombs as we revolutionized norms and realized that a lot of traditions needed to be walked away from.

new topics

top topics

join