It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who questions the government is insane!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theorists

I found this and since some of us feel the way we do about the government, i found it interesting that most feel that we may have psychological problems.....

The common perception is that someone who is labeled a "conspiracy theorist" is suffering from some type of psychological disorder, and that label is usually applied to people by our government, and our news media. The next thing to consider, is that the label is applied to anyone who questions our government's version of events in any matter. Doesn't it logically follow that the media are teaching us to assume that anyone who questions the government is insane? When that label is applied to a person, doesn't it become easy to dismiss everything they say without even hearing it? How convenient for them.

-from Jeffrense.com website.

Insanely Yours,

DGtempe

[edit on 8-1-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
haha thats cute

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Everyone wonders about some posters mentality, me for one, so this is great for those who cant fathom were we come from

Seekerof, this thread is mainly pour vouz

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, after reading that article, dg, I feel it is so true. It is our responsibility to question government, and not sit back complacent and just accept whatever story they want to feed us as truth. ESPECIALLY, when what's left of the evidence does not support the official story. Since you have addressed seekerof, maybe he can explain to us his reasons for believing the outright lies that have been imposed on the American people and the world. It seems to me as a history major, he of all people would know about precedent, motive, Northwoods, PNAC, and the NWO, just to name a few...

Odd

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
god bless you, mr. rense.... you've brought so much enlightenment to so many people with so little sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
TA, it is a good article. It speaks for many of us who get bonked in the head constantly due to our way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
god bless you, mr. rense.... you've brought so much enlightenment to so many people with so little sense.
This is a perfect example

Too bad the poster cant elaborate.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, look at this way.

The government has a version.

We don't agree with that version. We call them dishonest politicians and liars and claim a great cover up.

Seems fair that they then call us crazy to try to maintain their position. It's a charade that goes on day after day.

Important thing to note is that they react to our theories. If we were indeed crazy and without substance, then they would have no need to react would they ? So, keep plodding on and keep them on their toes !

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

as posted by dgtempe
Seekerof, this thread is mainly pour vouz...

Amazing how I get drawn into a topic thread that I certainly had no interest in posting in nor did I make a post in the first place.

But since I have, allow me to say merely this: Rense.com has authoritive, accuracy, and reliability issues. Major issues, matter of fact. But to the novice viewer and user of the/that site, this is not fully revealed. You have posted an article from an entity which has no empirical backing, no legit source backing, nothing but mainly made up opinions, thoughts, and "half-truths."

Here, allow me to help you determine source information legitimacy, k?
Deconstructing Web Pages
Tips on Checking out a Web Site's Creditability
Teaching Web Evaluation
An Educators' Guide to
Credibility and Web Evaluation

Evaluating Web Information

ATS is a/an and may be labeled conspiracy website, but you can best be assured that "we" try to stay above the likes of Rense.com and other like sources of "news/current events" information. You can surely continue to utilize it, if you so wish, but when member's slam you over the source you have utilized/presented, such as the one you have presented in creating this topic: Rense.com, you certainly should have no problemo with such, especially enlight of the links I have just provided you above.

seekerof

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Rense is a legitmate source of information, but should be balanced with other sources in the effort to deny ignorance.

After all, we don't automatically believe Fox News or Al Jazeera - at least not until we have checked the info.

That said, I agree with DG - There are many people who truly believe that the Governments really are here for the good of the people. They do consider 'Conspiracy Theorists' to be insane,

Welcome to the Pixyland Nuthouse

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Quote from Rense article "...and he(George W. Bush) lost the 2004 election..."

The author makes some good points. I'll even give him the 2000 election.
But when someone states the above as a bald fact, I just shake my head. He should say "may end up losing", "is suspected of stealing the election", or the like. Until proven otherwise, President Bush WON the 2004 election by popular vote and electoral vote. (And exit polls and the Diebold conspiracy theory do not constitute proof.)

[edit on 1/8/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Everyone knows that "politician" and "liar" are synonymous terms 99% of the time.

Yet everyone thinks you're nuts if you question the government.

Talk about doublethink. Orwell must be spinning in his grave.

Odd

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Too bad the poster cant elaborate.

I wasn't going to drag this out any longer than necessary, but if I must, I will gladly rise to the occasion.

Look at some of the crap on that site. "US uses Iraqi children as human shields on tanks, vehicles"... "US Neutron Weapon Used In New Fallujah Battle?" "Did a UFO appear in John Wayne's Rio Grande?"

This isn't news... this is foolishness and Baghdad-Bob-caliber disinformation.

If you need to use rense.com to back up your claims, then it's time to find some new claims... legitimate ones, for a start.

I do not think you are insane, nor do I believe that we are handling the situation in Iraq properly. However, I do find it rather ridiculous that you see fit to tell me what I do or do not believe, e.g. your statement about the "common perception" and its bearings on my own world-view.

Please, do try to find another source of news, though. I heard the Weekly World News has had some interesting items...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I agree with the fact that Rense.com is slightly to the left

I agree that other sources should be used, i used it for the sole purpose of THIS article, an article that makes sense. If i stumbled into this article at Fox, i would have satisfied your need for the absolute truth in news and posted the link to the Faux website.

You miss the point. The point is that what we , the lefties, endure here, is precisely what they say. Some form of mental illness must be the cause to post anti-Bush stuff. And what happens when we try to make you see WHY we post this way? We're called nuts

Exactly what the article says.

Odd

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes, but we conservatives are frequently called hate-mongering, imperialistic war pigs... politics is a dirty business, no matter whose side you're on.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"Yes, but we conservatives are frequently called hate-mongering, imperialistic war pigs" Odd

Aren't you? Don't see to many conservatives trying to, IDK, negotiate. Someone doesn' bow down to Bush they invade them or threaten them. "If you aren't with us you are against us." Even if the us is invading a country that had no part of 9/11, had no WMDs, wasn't even able to harm us if they wanted to.

Well, people who question the government are crazy, how dare they think and not be the blind sheep the politicians want us to be. Oswald did shoot Kennedy, just remember that.....

Odd

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh, so now you're calling me a hate-mongering, imperialistic war pig?

Do you really think you know every conservative in this nation well enough to pass judgement based on the actions of the president?

That would be a little bit like me assuming every liberal in this nation is an insipid twit, based on what you just said.

EDIT: Don't bother pointing out the obvious irony in my post. It was intentional, and will serve as evidence that I'm not going to let you pull a remark like that without getting in a sucker-punch of my own.

[edit on 1/8/2005 by Odd]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It gets pretty bad when you're called a liberal because you're against the war.

I'm a conservative. I'm against the war. But that doesn't sit right with some people, because I don't fit in the GOP box or the Democrat box.

Of course, I support the Constitution Party--that's basically comprised of conservatives who are sick of GOP betrayal....

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, i for one have no problem with being labeled "insane" for questioning authority of any kind...heck believe me or not when i have something to say...your choice...guess we would have to lump the founding fathers, and great orators of this country with the same label if they were alive today and questioned some of the practices in government that are running rampant...btw...good article.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If we the citizens do not question our government this may as well give them the green light to do whatever they want without reprisal and unaccoutability. In a sense this is what is going in now. We Americans need to call the govt. on every issue no matter how large or small.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join