It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is light relative to time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: chr0naut

Relativistic mass can be related to in respect to speed in one direction even if that direction implicates a spin.

In context an object brought to 99.99999 that of light in a spin would innately increase in density.

Given the right material....?? Take for example turning lead into so equivalent of lead 2.0 as a result of such a process.

In respect to matter differentiated there seems the argument that moving at relativistic scales seems apparent at the smallest scales.

In spin.

That's interesting, so if I had an ball bearing with a diameter of say an inch, and I spun it so fast that the surface got to 99.9 etc. Then their should be a progressive time dilation down to the centre, as the surface speeds of slices through it would be less than the spin on the surface. What would the observer see? would it pop out of the observers time field? Or would it collapse into a mini black hole and disappear? I mean their must be a time dilation effect.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yes that would be the point of the experiment we could observe time dilation directly.

I still feel that due to the effect there would be some kind of compression and this due to the relative increase in mass.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Yes that would be the point of the experiment we could observe time dilation directly.

I still feel that due to the effect there would be some kind of compression and this due to the relative increase in mass.

A bearing in a quantum locked field in a vacuum chamber , might be pulsed by a magnetic field to reach some interesting speeds, any takers?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

I mean considering. How due to relativistic mass (theoretically) in respect to the existence of a photon or a particle moving in spin at relativistic speeds????

Mass would increase, in consideration. To considering. that mass, related to a photon. Is the result of the same speeds and in context of matter, would result of added mass due to a relativistic event.

I am not disagreeing with the idea that the mass of a Photon is the result of relativistic speeds.....the mass of the object by default would
simply increase.

This due to the same effect upon matter, related to why a Photon can exist, the result of only its relative mass, the result of its speed but not the result of a spin.

As is apparent with respect to Matter.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Kashai because: Added abd edited content

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

"A bearing in a quantum locked field in a vacuum chamber , might be pulsed by a magnetic field to reach some interesting speeds, any takers?"

I would suggest that at relative speeds mass would increase due to relative mass.

edit on 27-1-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This has been a very interesting discussion. What we have here is a situation really well credentialed individuals say that the object would fall apart, this is actually Einstein's position. At the same as member who I respect made me aware Einstein's conclusions in this regard are not treated the same way many his other achievements are regarded.

We also seem to either have or are near to developing technologically, the means to test which is correct. The only real issue today with not doing this is our ability to contain the result.

But either way will learn something.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join