It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behind Donald Trump’s Attack Strategy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

When did you become the ATSNN police? Telling us that we should not support someone who we feel would be best for the country? It is almost as if you think you can keep saying the same thing over and over and over and suddenly we say 'you are right" he doesn't care about us.

You are so wrong from the truth. He is not pretending to be anything. That is what many of you cannot seem to understand. I like him not for his party but his stance. I was scared to death 2 years ago wondering what schmuck they would throw up and make us vote for. The last two GOP candidates had NO chance in hell to win and were career politicians.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're making sweeping statements about the intelligence of a specific candidate's supporters here...based upon their spelling?
That's a two-way street, my friend...and a lame argument, born of desperation.

Do only Sanders' supporters spell correctly and have flawless grammatical skills?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You're making sweeping statements about the intelligence of a specific candidate's supporters here...based upon their spelling?

Based on many other things as well, but yes. Yes I am.

That's a two-way street, my friend...and a lame argument, born of desperation.

Desperation? Why would I need to feel desperate? I really don't have a dog in this fight.

Do only Sanders' supporters spell correctly and have flawless grammatical skills?

Only Sander's supporters? No, but they seem to do better overall.
edit on 25-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So, to extrapolate from your points about spelling and grammar: Sanders' supporters are, overall, more 'intelligent' (in your opinion) than those who support Trump?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

So, to extrapolate from your points about spelling and grammar: Sanders' supporters are, overall, more 'intelligent' (in your opinion) than those who support Trump?

It's not just about spelling and grammar. It's part of a bigger picture.

But I would be willing to say that Trump supporters are by far much dumber than the supporters of any other candidate. Democrat or Republican.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
But I would be willing to say that Trump supporters are by far much dumber than the supporters of any other candidate. Democrat or Republican.

The same type of people that think the majority, other than themselves, are stupid.

Beware of those people.
edit on 25-1-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Down to their level? Beyond your mediating skills? If we are all so dumb what is so difficult with making your point. We understand it but when we do not agree we are dumb.

So we finally have it. You are willing to say that a Trump supporter is dumber than anyone who supports another candidate. Which means you think you are superior to anyone on ATSNN that supports Trump. Hmmm.....What would prove you wrong here as far as proof of intelligence? I Masters degree? A MENSA card? What would it be that would allow you to understand that Trump supporters are all not dumb?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What would prove you wrong here as far as proof of intelligence?

Not supporting Trump?

I mean it's a pretty damn good start.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You are willing to say that a Trump supporter is dumber than anyone who supports another candidate

On average, yes. I am not speaking in absolutes. Not every Trump supporter is a moron, but I'd say a large portion. When you see polls that show over 60% of Trumps supporters believe Obama is Muslim and was not born in the US, you begin to wonder. After observing people for a long enough period of time, I am confident in my assertion.

Which means you think you are superior to anyone on ATSNN that supports Trump.

What is ATSNN?

I do not think I am superior to anyone.

What would it be that would allow you to understand that Trump supporters are all not dumb?

I never said all. Many are dumber than a box of rocks and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that. Trump's entire platform and tactic is to appeal to dumb people.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

However if we don't support 'The Bern' or HIllary we are equally dumb right? I will not call someone who supports another candidate dumb or retarded and I have had to battle with MANY of you on here with language like that. It is a choice. Real simple to be honest. There is no one in the DNC field I could imagine in office. GOP side, well, Trump is the best option beside Carson and Huck. The rest are simply liars. (Christie is ok but would bring us to the brink of war)

Where is the stupidity of vetting candidates?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No, you did not say on average. You said, and I quote....

I would be willing to say that Trump supporters are by far much dumber than the supporters of any other candidate. Democrat or Republican.

They is not separation. There is no some or average. You talk about poor grammar or wording of you sentences so please explain.

His attack strategy is not to go after dumb people. It is to find people who are done with current politics. If some of those people are of a lower IQ what is wrong with that? Everyone is entitled to a choice. Sounds like you speak with an almost 'eugenic' thought process that the dumb should not have the same rights.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

They is not separation. There is no some or average. You talk about poor grammar or wording of you sentences so please explain.

That was a statement referring to the group as a whole, but it is not indicative of all of his supporters. That is why I added the caveat of "on average".

His attack strategy is not to go after dumb people.

I didn't say attack strategy. I said his platform and tactics appeal to dumb people.

It is to find people who are done with current politics.

No, it's to find stupid people that will fall for his line of bull#. He's a greasy used car salesmen that understands the old saying "there's a sucker born each minute".

If some of those people are of a lower IQ what is wrong with that? Everyone is entitled to a choice.

There's nothing wrong with that and they do have the right to choose whom they want to vote for. There's also nothing wrong with suggesting that the candidate they support is using their own stupidity against them.

Sounds like you speak with an almost 'eugenic' thought process that the dumb should not have the same rights.

Nice try. I have not said anything that would indicate I believe idiots shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else.

Do we need to add reading comprehension to the list of things many Trump supporters have a problem with?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's not just about spelling and grammar. It's part of a bigger picture.

Not a trick question; I'm trying to understand your thinking on this.
IYO..are Sanders supporters generally more intelligent than Trump supporters:

A.) Because they support Sanders over Trump?

B.) Because Sanders draws more intelligent supporters than does Trump?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't understand the focus on Sanders.

I am willing to say that any other candidate draws more intelligent supporters than Trump. Just based on the polling information, you can see that Trump attracts idiots like flies on a pile of #.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

LAST CHANCE:
You are responsible for your own posts.

Maybe member should read the OP again.
It seems many have forgotten what the topic is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Proof. You want to say they are all dumb. Don't try your reading comprehension barb to try to discredit me.

You added average AFTER you initial comment. Backpedaling. What is your proof?

Also, this thread is about attack strategy which is the same as platform. You cannot separate the two.

All you are doing in ALL of your posts is putting down those who like Trump and Trump himself. No proof. None.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think mis-spelling is due to people posting from Android phones and because some computers are not using spell checkers.

Not to mention the Trump wave might just be spontaneous internet video reactions.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You want to say they are all dumb.

I did not say all.

Don't try your reading comprehension barb to try to discredit me.

When you come to a conclusion that is not implied in any way whatsoever by my post, one must question whether or not comprehension is, in fact, part of the issue.

It's either a reading comprehension issue, or it was a knee-jerk emotional response made in desperation.

You added average AFTER you initial comment. Backpedaling. What is your proof?

It's not backpedaling because I stand by my original assertion. I did say average to further clarify my point. Not everyone that supports Trump is an idiot.

If you think my further clarification is some sort of "gothca" moment that you can cling to, you're sadly mistaken.

Also, this thread is about attack strategy which is the same as platform. You cannot separate the two.

Were we not talking about Trump supporters? Why would Trump use an attack strategy against his own supporters? His tactics and platform he uses to get support is entirely different than his attack strategy against his opponents.

All you are doing in ALL of your posts is putting down those who like Trump and Trump himself. No proof. None.

I have every right to voice my opinion on Trump and I will talk negatively towards him as I see fit. As far as proof, let's take a look, shall we?

Our new poll finds that Trump is benefiting from a GOP electorate that thinks Barack Obama is a Muslim and was born in another country, and that immigrant children should be deported. 66% of Trump's supporters believe that Obama is a Muslim to just 12% that grant he's a Christian. 61% think Obama was not born in the United States to only 21% who accept that he was. And 63% want to amend the Constitution to eliminate birthright citizenship, to only 20% who want to keep things the way they are.

www.publicpolicypolling.com...

In terms of demographics, Trump’s supporters are a bit older, less educated and earn less than the average Republican.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The Boston Globe analyzed the announcement speeches of 19 presidential contenders and found that those who keep it simple do best.

The billionaire Donald Trump, for instance, talks to voters in a way that can be understood by a fourth-grader and tops the Republican polls.

onpolitics.usatoday.com...

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.

www.cnn.com...

Even Trump knows a large portion of his supporters are stupid, and that is why he says things like that. He admits that he can say and do anything and his supporters would gladly kneel to service the Don.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join