It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a more advanced search feature?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm trying to search up a particular thing I responded to lately (lately as in sometime this week, which may have been 100 posts ago), and I wanted to search it up in the Search feature. However, I find it extremely primitive, and it basically only searches for a single word, and usually only in the title of the topic or OP, it would seem.

Is there any way to do more advanced searches?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Yes. Google your question slash ATS. Mods know we have search issue here for long while.

Google-question/ATS

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I would like to add. If you are on "new topics" and you wait for EVERYTHING to load, A N D your post (in question) is reletively new (within 24-48hrs) PLEASE F/alt, and search keywords.

It will save MOD time and space

edit on 24-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I'm trying to search up a particular thing I responded to lately (lately as in sometime this week, which may have been 100 posts ago), and I wanted to search it up in the Search feature. However, I find it extremely primitive, and it basically only searches for a single word, and usually only in the title of the topic or OP, it would seem.

I don't think advanced. The old search is still available and good for the old stuff, but may not be for the purpose of something as recent as 100 post, but I'll check on that as I have the link in another browser.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Google is really our friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

LOL ......

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why would you go through a search?

Look through your post history.

I go back hundreds of posts on occasion to find a particular thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yes, but I don't recall which thread this was posted in, and it could take a very long time to go through possibly 100 posts, even with alt-F. Which is why I was wondering if there is a better search function

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Do you remember a key word? If so post it, we'll search it...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Didn't you say you had a 140+ IQ? I dunno, memory is weird. I just keep scrolling down until the thread titles remind me which one it was. Guess we're all a bit different.

Try this one:

site:www.abovetopsecret.com pl3bscheese+weirdo

think you should be able to figure it from there

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Or this
abovetopsecret.com/Ghost147

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Do you remember a key word? If so post it, we'll search it...

"The cosmos is also within us, we are made of 'star stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" Is a full line I wrote in the post I'm looking for (not the one in this topic)

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Didn't you say you had a 140+ IQ? I dunno, memory is weird.

Yes. I also stated that I have Dyslexia, and Dyslexia has a number of memory related issues:

~ Excellent long-term memory for experiences, locations, and faces.
~ Poor memory for sequences, facts and information that has not been experienced.

I just keep scrolling down until the thread titles remind me which one it was. Guess we're all a bit different.

Again, It's not that I'm unaware that that's a possible way of finding what I'm looking for, I was just wondering if there is an advanced search in the forums so I didn't have to do that.
edit on 24/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Sorry I keep making assumptions people know WTH I'm talking about. You link leads nowhere, I think you mean /mem but that doesn't really make much sense anyways.

I was referring to google.

See

You do a google search with site: keyword1+keyword2

I already gave you the superior way. Just search the keywords on google. Use your name and whatever was in the post

edit on 24-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I already gave you the superior way. Just search the keywords on google. Use your name and whatever was in the post

0 results

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Your syntax is incorrect.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Your syntax is incorrect.

All I searched was for my name correlated with Carl Sagan (as both the full name, and Carl and Sagan separately)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'm guessing you're trying ats search?

Go to google.

site:abovetopsecret.com ghost147+"phrase is this one here"

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No, I used google. However, if i set the search tools option to "All Time" I get a number of posts but all far older than what I'm actually searching for. If I change it to "Within the past week" there are no results at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No clue. You don't seem like the type to goof, so if that's the exact phrase then it's a little strange.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No clue. You don't seem like the type to goof, so if that's the exact phrase then it's a little strange.

Yes. Odd indeed. Oh well, I guess I have to do it the old fashioned way. Thanks for the help. At least I can use this in the future

top topics

<<   2 >>

join