It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Misleading reports by CNN

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
CNN has claimed that UN Secretary General Kofi Annan flew to Sri Lanka on a USAF jet, whereas he was actually flown to Colombo onboard a RSAF KC-135R converted air-tanker,










Give the correct people credit when it counts man...




posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why would you care?



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerLordz
CNN has claimed that UN Secretary General Kofi Annan flew to Sri Lanka on a USAF jet, whereas he was actually flown to Colombo onboard a RSAF KC-135R converted air-tanker,


I don't believe that the RSAF (Saudi AF) has any tankers.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Republic of Singapore Air Forces (RSAF)



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Don't know what plane/chopper models they are but I can vouch for the "Colours" flying. They do indeed belong to Singapore.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22

Originally posted by LazerLordz
CNN has claimed that UN Secretary General Kofi Annan flew to Sri Lanka on a USAF jet, whereas he was actually flown to Colombo onboard a RSAF KC-135R converted air-tanker,


I don't believe that the RSAF (Saudi AF) has any tankers.


It's RSAF(Republic of Singapore Air Force.)



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Why would you care?



Well, I'm from Singapore for starters.And misleading the public is as good as being a low-down liar who should be in the drains drowning like a rat.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Looking at the engine and vertical stabilizer on the fixed wing aircraft in the photo one can infer that the aircraft is a Boeing KC-135 type. It is plausible that the press would assume it was USAF by mistake.

The press gets it wrong all the time in military matters and details - don't think it was on pupose at all, just ignorance.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks, there are a couple of RSAF's out there.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Singapore flew him from New York City in a jet tanker? Sounds kinda strange to me, maybe he flew there in a U.S. jet and then has been flying around in aircraft provided by various countries.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Looking at the engine and vertical stabilizer on the fixed wing aircraft in the photo one can infer that the aircraft is a Boeing KC-135 type. It is plausible that the press would assume it was USAF by mistake.

The press gets it wrong all the time in military matters and details - don't think it was on pupose at all, just ignorance.


Heh.It doesn't take that much time to look proof-read there doesn't it.LOL.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think he went to Acheh first and then got flown to Sri Lanka on a Singapore Air Force Plane. But hey, whatever it may be, these photos show him coming off Singapore Air Force plane/chopper.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Singapore flew him from New York City in a jet tanker? Sounds kinda strange to me, maybe he flew there in a U.S. jet and then has been flying around in aircraft provided by various countries.


Nope.He flew by Super Puma to Meulaboh from the RSS Endurance anchored off the Coast of Banda Aceh, accompanied by COL Tan Chuan-Jin, the SAF Joint Humanitarian Assistance Task Force Commander, the Medan Governor, Rizal Nurdin and Deputy Senior RSAF Air Liaison Officer, LTC Quek Chew Teck.He toured the site before leaving for Medan, where he boarded the KC-135R for Colombo, accompanied by John Wolfensohn, Head of the World Bank.





posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dixon
I think he went to Acheh first and then got flown to Sri Lanka on a Singapore Air Force Plane. But hey, whatever it may be, these photos show him coming off Singapore Air Force plane/chopper.


Yeah, I didn't see the original article and think I misunderstood Lazers first post. It looks like he was in the area and was flown to Sri Lanka later apparantly by a Singapore Air Force plane.



posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by dixon
I think he went to Acheh first and then got flown to Sri Lanka on a Singapore Air Force Plane. But hey, whatever it may be, these photos show him coming off Singapore Air Force plane/chopper.


Yeah, I didn't see the original article and think I misunderstood Lazers first post. It looks like he was in the area and was flown to Sri Lanka later apparantly by a Singapore Air Force plane.






top topics



 
0

log in

join