It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lecture by Paul Metz, test pilot YF-23 and F-22

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A educational lecture on the development of Stealth, it's value and the F-22.

It covers pretty much the whole subject without touching classified information and answers many questions the average person has about Stealth, the F-22 and it's value. A number of questions he doesn't answer.

www.youtube.com...

Immediately after this video is Paul Metz describing the YF-23...

Very cool...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Thanks, S&F. Will be watching in a bit. Appreciate the link.👍😃

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm looking forward to watching it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Well worth the hour if you love aircraft!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Interesting how after the silence of the lambs clip he hinted about noise . Or was i reading to much into it .

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I must have missed that one...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

about 29.30 in the video is the hint , he only just touches on it .

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Watching now, half an hour into it and had to came back to give you a big thank you!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Do you think it has to do with the sound of the engine being surpressed or something similar like modifying the sound waves that are coming of the plane?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Watching now, half an hour into it and had to came back to give you a big thank you!

What I get out of this lecture is not only is stealth not going away, it is now the minimum standard for aircraft development, at least, militarily.

The problem being missile/defensive technology is the cheaper route and power projection, via aircraft, far more costly.

I wonder why the MIC hasn't matched or exceeded Russian technology in this area? Especially missiles that are delivered via these aircraft.

It's not like we don't have the means to do so.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Same for me.
MIC = military industrial complex?? Had to guess this one.

Sure that they did not matched up? Would they tell everybody if they did?
Maybe it has smth. to do with the F35s capabilities? The whole EMP and magic sensor suit thingy, you know what I mean? Blasting transistors with high current?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I'm sure they have a field around those parts that require protection from EMP. Faraday field, I believe it's called.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No, you got me wrong ;-)
I meant the rumors about the F35 capabilities to produce an EMP. If you blow up a transistor the right way, it produces a small EMP and that it can be focused with the right frequencies onto a target. I´ve read this in a well sourced book, written by three guys, one of them was Michael J. Coumatos, former U.S. Navy test pilot, the former U.S. Space Command director of wargaming, and a former National Security Agency counterterrorism adviser

It´s called farady cage btw.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Most "EMP" weapons are actually microwave weapons. The two are frequently confused, but no, the F-35 has neither. It will eventually be able to carry CHAMP once they get it small enough, but that will still be a missile.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thanks for the post!
Then I´m wondering why they "testify" in the first pages of the book that every mentioned technology is aviable and has been used the way or another. "Blackstar" was mentioned in there and techniques to blind satelite lenses etc...

W.B. Scott,
Michael J. Coumatos,

Edit: BTW, the EMP is "generated" when a transistor(-like) device on the hull is blown up due to high currents and the EMP then rides the microwaves down to the target, that´s how it´s explained. It´s integrated into AESA. The free electrons take the ride down the waves directly into the targeted circuit.
edit on 26-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The problem with that idea is that then they have to replace the radar or portions of the radar after missions where it's used. I'm not sure I'd want something on my aircraft that is generating a field that way either. Heh.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not sure either ;-) But I suppose it would be like PnP. All speculations of course (fired up by that book).

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It would also cause a major reduction in stealth, because it would cause damage to the skin. That would almost instantly reduce the ability to hide from radar, and a major RCS bloom.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That was something I didn´t think of, not clutching a straws here now but consider a transistor very very small.
Would that make a big impact on the RCS? If such devices exist, I would put them on replaceable panels in front of the AESA and so that the direction of the waves will carry the electrons to their target, "never" endangering the plane itself because the electrons are carried away in an instant.

Just theorizing here of course.
It´s always nice to chat with you!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The early F-117 RAM couldn't be touched with your bare hand, because skin oil would cause the RCS to bloom, and they'd have to jump through all kinds of hoops to remove it. It's not quite as bad now, but any kind of damage to the skin will cause the RCS to increase, anywhere from a little to a lot, depending on where it is at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join