It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catman of Greenock, Scotland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My pals uncle was a mechanic in a small bus garage in greenock scotland.
One night he noticed a figure crawling under a bus,the figure was totally black.
The garage had 2 cats who were fed every day but always seemed hungry all the time.
Pals uncle seen the figure crawl over to the cats feeding bowls and start eating the food.
He went over to see if this was one of the workers having a joke,when the hairs stood up on the back of his head.
The figure was a man dressed in black covered in oil head to foot.
the man could not walk or talk,He made gestures with his hands.
After a couple of weeks all the garage workers seem him and started to leave him food.
Catman would not eat normal food as we eat,he ate mice, rats,cat food,dog food.
My pal took me and another guy to Greenock to see this person.
It was about 6pm at night,dark and we seen this figure crawling towards us.
My other pal started to get emotional,he could not believe that some one was living
like this who was a mentally and physically disabled.
We informed the police etc and the only thing they came up with was that he had came of a fishing boat
got drunk in a local pub,got into a fight lay some where injured and missed his boat.
Catman was supposed to be a russian sailor.
There is a short video of him on youtube.

edit on 24-1-2016 by 1KINGHUGO because: I have posted this story in the wrong forum.

edit on 1/24/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Removed all caps from title.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What has this to do with space exploration?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MaryaNoxx

Apologies, i have posted in wrong forum.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaryaNoxx
What has this to do with space exploration?

Everything.

He was a Russian Sailor, living rough in Scotland. I think it was part of the Russian Space Cosmonaut training programme.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1KINGHUGO

Haha wow! That guy is a nut.

I realize that its rude of me to say, but that's just the first thing that came to my mind. That is a very poor lifestyle he's living and I would hope better for him but its so strange and unnerving that my first reaction is to laugh,
edit on 24-1-2016 by MaryaNoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
was it this guy? I remember seeing something about him years ago

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

No mate,Catman crawled.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Damn, man...that guy isn't quite right. It looks like he took a bash to his noggin.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Was it George Galloway?????

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wow, that's actually kind of sad. You can tell he definitely took a seriously blow to the top of his head. The scar is the only clean spot on him. Actually surprised it didn't get seriously infected considering he's covered in dirt and grime like that.

It's just like the police to shrug it off like that. I mean isn't there some sort of system set up to take people in who obviously can't care for themselves who need help or medical attention?

It amazes me that he can live like that. Though God knows for how long. Sad just sad.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I am utterly disgusted by the police, they should have taken this guy for at least a check up to ensure he is not ill and the social services were created to care for people with special need's which this guy definitely qualifies for.

At least the guy's taking the video seem to care enough to post it and to highlight his plight, someone need's a good talking too as this guy obviously need's help, if he can not communicate he need's to be in sheltered accomodation at least and to be cared for medically, god only know's what this guy has been through.

Don't worry about the forum mistake the mod's can move it if they see that as justified and most of us do not search by forum anyway, we just look at the latest threads and browse from there.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He must have some place he goes to/lives, otherwise how does his hair stay so short and where did he get the shoes and clothing he's wearing? From the looks of him, aside from dirty face and hands, he doesn't look malnourished. It'd probably be a kindness if the local doctor would donate a bit of time and check him out, for his sake and that of the townfolk in case someone decides to go all pitchforks and torches on him!

And "kind" of sad?! Wow. I'd say it's awfully sad! Poor guy. Can't believe the police just shrug it off. Wonder how they'd feel if they found out he was someone they know(s) father, uncle or grandfather? Hope someone will kinda keep track of this story and updates on it. I'll try, but my teeny tiny brain isn't the sponge it used to be. Old age + life's problems = lotsa holes therein!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That poor man..I hate that there is literally nothing I can do to help him, sometimes it really tears at my heart strings.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Hi. I felt the same as you. I left him normal food that we eat,he did not touch it.
A scottish production company are making a movie about him.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just looks like a normal crawl home from the pub in Greenock on a Sunday mornin to me....That my friend is what we call The Crawl of Shame..

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Naw,get carried home.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ohhh I read about this guy!

Apparently, people give him food, and maybe he does not actually eat the rats he catches. I also did read that he has been attacked before and has been in hospital some times, but always he goes back to the streets. It is his choise. The people in his town take care of him.

I wonder though, why is he black?

If the story is true, and he is a Russian sailor, well Russia has like maybe one black person in the entire country. Anyway, this guy does not appear African.

And what happened to his legs? He cannot walk. Would love to hear his true story.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helicopter
Ohhh I read about this guy!

Apparently, people give him food, and maybe he does not actually eat the rats he catches. I also did read that he has been attacked before and has been in hospital some times, but always he goes back to the streets. It is his choise. The people in his town take care of him.

I wonder though, why is he black?

If the story is true, and he is a Russian sailor, well Russia has like maybe one black person in the entire country. Anyway, this guy does not appear African.

And what happened to his legs? He cannot walk. Would love to hear his true story.

He's black because he's covered in oil. He cant walk due to a supposed injury he received in a beating.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
No government should let something like this persist. Very cruel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join