It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Candidates Physically Look

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was going to put this in chit chat, because I mean this to be funny. But then I thought it might eventually get moved here, so...ing that off.

How a candidate physically looks matter to some people. There would have been less Palin fans if that were not true. I came across this quote from Donald Trump:
"It's very hard for them to attack me on looks, because I am so good looking."-
Donald Trump 8/7/2015
Not going to bother to source it, it is on every article of Trump's top 10 outrageous quotes. This quote gave me the idea for this thread. I already know it is shallow to allow how a candidate looks to effect whether you support them or not. Trump insulted a female candidate's looks, I think it was Clinton, insulting Fiorina it that way wouldn't have made sense as she is a Republican and it was before he started insulting other Republicans.

I decided to make a list of what I thought:

Trump: When he was younger, he wasn't too bad. There is a well-known picture of him sitting in front of gold walls in his apartment. For the time...kinda suave. Now...his face seems malformed and he has a strange orange garment on his head. He is always wearing a nice suit.

Clinton: When she was younger, again, she seemed to be attractive. Now, I find nothing particularly wrong or particularly good. Sometimes she has good hair. Sometimes she looks tired. I sort of like her pantsuits.

Cruz: Eddie Munster's long lost brother.

Sanders: Well, he's old. He never seems tired though.

Rubio: He's not bad. He is losing a battle with his hairline (a battle Cruz and Trump lost long ago). He seems short, but is apparently 5'10"or 5'11". Nice suits. I even like the boots he wears that give him a little lift.

O'Malley: He's just plain. Nothing bad or good. Unremarkable.

Fiorina: Not bad, I guess. Sometimes the expression on her face can make her go from not bad to bad though.

Paul: Now he is kinda cute, really good hair. Nice suits.

Christie: He is a big man. A nice smile and laugh though. He reminds me of the Student Government President I dated in college, he has a big personality, but in that regard cannot trump Trump. For Trump and Christie their personality is part and parcel of their looks I think.

Carson: He looks okay. Then he opens his mouth and it's Minnie Mouse.

As for anymore...I simply can't remember.

What are your impressions? Please keep it to the candidates. Try to be funny rather than mean.

edit on 24-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

During the Nixon/Kennedy debates, if listened to on the radio, Nixon won. If watched on television, Kennedy won.

Looks and age are important.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can't remember ever seeing a good looking presidential/vice presidential candidate, male or female.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

During the Nixon/Kennedy debates, if listened to on the radio, Nixon won. If watched on television, Kennedy won.

I am a Sanders supporter. I watch them on TV. Just having a little fun.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaryaNoxx
I can't remember ever seeing a good looking presidential/vice presidential candidate, male or female.

Kennedy was very handsome, but before my time. I know some men found Palin attractive, especially some magazine covers. Obama was a lot more attractive 7 years ago. The job aged him.
edit on 24-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't really mean to ask for impressions of my impressions. I was looking for others to make their own comments on the candidates.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I loved the Eddie Munster's long lost brother for Cruz.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am extremely relieved we don't vote solely on looks (if so, I'd probably vote for Rick Perry for his awesome glasses alone). What a fun thread!

Trump: Biff Tannen. To me, any attraction he may have commanded in his younger years has been overpowered by his smugness. To me, that kind of arrogance will make any person unattractive.

Clinton: She was super attractive in her younger years and is still a decent looking person in her older years. I'd say she looks like most tired professional women who let the stress of life rule them.

Cruz: Argh... I agree with your assessment %100.

Sanders: Doc Brown. This man looks and sounds the part he plays. I think he looks like an older man who has chased the same goals his entire life.

Rubio: Almost cute in a boyish way but soooooo bland.

O'Malley: Like Rubio, he could be attractive if he weren't sooooo boring.

Fiorina: She reminds me of the bad guy in Orange is the New Black. The woman who was running the prison and was totally crooked. Personality and looks totally make me think of her every time I see her.

Paul: All around handsome guy. He would make a wonderful Bruce Wayne.

Christie: His persona is so likable that I find myself overlooking his views sometimes.

Carson: This man is an enigma to me. He looks totally smart and "with it" and, when he talks, it sounds like he's going to say something very profound and touching... but then he says what he does and I'm baffled. If you didn't understand English and was watching and listening to Carson talk, you would think he was talking about inclusion, peace, and love. Not a bunch of fearful cult rhetoric. Very confusing.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sanders looks like Christopher Lloyd's character Doc Emmett Brown from 'Back to the Future'...only crankier.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You want an old sweaty guy over a much younger healthier guy.

Ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Rather than commenting on ACTUAL looks...I see personality or image similarities.

Hillary: Eva Peron meets Leona Helmsley.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
TRUMP: Michael J. Fox meets Ronald Reagan

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sanders: Everyone's crazy uncle in the basement meets Ebeneezer Scrooge.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Your whole post is spot on! I forgot about Perry's glasses! And Sanders IS Doc Brown!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You want an old sweaty guy over a much younger healthier guy.

Ok.

For President, this time around ya. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Fiorina: I think she's hot....nice legs too.
Condoleeza Rice meets Dana Perino

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My mother, a Republican, Baptist, Right Winger, thinks Trump looks "Creepy" and so do most of her bridge club and Jazzercize friends. They told me they can't vote for a creepy man.

I think Sarah Palin is extremely attractive....and stupid.

H. Clinton is way past her prime.

Sanders could look like the Elephant man and I would still vote for him.

Sanders is the only person that I could vote FOR...I usually just vote against the Fascist Right.
edit on 24-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Fiorina: I think she's hot....nice legs too.
Condoleeza Rice meets Dana Perino

Good comparisons in your posts!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cruz: Robin Williams meets a young Grampa Munster.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My mother, a Republican, Baptist, Right Winger, thinks Trump looks "Creepy" and so do most of her bridge club and Jazzercize friends. They told me they can't vote for a creepy man.

I think Sarah Palin is extremely attractive....and stupid.

H. Clinton is way past her prime.

Sanders could look like the Elephant man and I would still vote for him.

Hey..I have jazzercise on VHS, would go to the community center for the actual live workouts when I was about 13. You make me sound old lol.

True, Sanders could look like anything and I would vote for him too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join