It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MK-ULTRA and you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

It probably stopped because it did fail. For one thing a drug addict's mind isn't working right so you can't control it, neither can they.
edit on 25-1-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Interesting. Now add in an element that makes someone more open to suggestion - maybe something along the lines of widely prescribed drugs - not necessarily hard drugs - something less insidious sounding, like anti-depressants. Doctors are handing them out like skittles, prescribing them for everything from headaches to hangnails. Modern life is so stressful, it's no wonder we seek out "safe" Dr. recommended, happy pills. It might be good for low level control to sway the masses.

Or they could just be plain old pills, but this conspiracy theorizing has piqued my interest.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
smurfy

Thing is, you were not accurate, not even close. Oh yes we can all make the same mistake in casual passing, but here it was important to have the right thing in the right place to begin with, especially since things have moved on a bit since then, but still, not so long ago, and no you do not mention wanting to correct any date, which also makes me also think you won't be making any movie any day soon.

Off by 3-5 years... Oh my. It is not as if the date had anything to do with the point of the thread in any event. the question asked is it going on today.
And if I may, why is me getting the exact year so important when I am simply asking a group of random people on a message board about a program that was supposedly ended sometime more than 30 years so important to you? If they Know what MK-ULTRA is then they know what I am talking about.
Read the edit its at the bottom of the post yes I do in fact mention correcting the date.
The edit tells you...

edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: Corrected Date Project Termination.

I cannot believe I am even having to address this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I am sure all of you are familiar with the Stanford Prison Experiment.
Do any of you feel that it is possible, that the influx of medicinal psychotropics in combination with a similar yet milder authority/prisoner diametric as we see in the Stanford Experiments that we often see in the media are two parts of a whole?
To be more clear, do you think its possible that a large portion of the population is in fact dealing with real mind control in a very real sense, as opposed to just being "actors" in the baseline zeitgeist of the population?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: CIAGypsy

This is not to say that science, sociology, and related projects haven't become more skilled at utilizing suggestibility as a means to an end. This is the entire science of propaganda...and it's used in far more than just defensive or offensive tactics. But there is a HUGE difference between use of suggestibility and a "mind-controlled slave."

I think this really sums it up best. Especially the suggestibility part. I would also say some people are a little easier to "suggest" or "nudge" into doing the things that you want.

I would say having unfettered access to a persons life would make a strategy of suggesting people into actions a little easier, add in alcohol and you could probably get people to do things they normally wouldn't do.

I could also imagine the disaster that would occur if someone tried using the same tactics of suggestion against a person that worked so well the first time only to be slamming their head against a wall wondering why they aren't getting the same reaction. It would also probably mean these tactics have a signature of some sort that would make the group or program identifiable.

I bet you would have a to break a person down in order to get some tactics to be effective. Again, I digress.

I personally find all of this stuff fascinating.

You got it...this is exactly right. Why recreate the wheel when you can find a wheel that is 3/4s of the way there already? This is why profiling of your data is so critically important. They can determine so much about your psychological profile based upon what you do, what you watch, what comments you make (and where), who your friends are or aren't, your job, your health, etc... This is also how cults work, incidentally....

Suggestibility can have so much more positive results in manipulation than MK-ULTRA ever dreamed about... And it's much cheaper and easier to pull off covertly.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

You got it...this is exactly right. Why recreate the wheel when you can find a wheel that is 3/4s of the way there already? This is why profiling of your data is so critically important. They can determine so much about your psychological profile based upon what you do, what you watch, what comments you make (and where), who your friends are or aren't, your job, your health, etc... This is also how cults work, incidentally....

Indeed, must of what you have expressed here is accurate.

In the case of Cults using various techniques to create indentured members or those bound to an ideological sense of loyalty or servitude, we see the common themeatics employed almost universally throughout such groups.

I will abstain from mentioning and detailing those tactics, for those of us invested in these types of studies know full well, and others new to the field can easily find the answers themselves with a bit of proper research. I do so because I am cautious about releasing such poisons into the thoughtscape online, mainly because I am well aware that there are imbalanced persons who fetishize these MK topics (whether as a Master or Slave) and I don't wish to give them any more ideas for their perversions. There are, sadly, enough "manuals" and books written on the subject of "mind control" to satisfy that subculture and I wish no place within the ranks of being even a remote accessory to the "hows" of such things.

Suggestibility can have so much more positive results in manipulation than MK-ULTRA ever dreamed about... And it's much cheaper and easier to pull off covertly.

Suggestibility is the KEY...and in this modern age where anyone's fantasy is available online with a few keywords and a bit of browsing, not to mention the free will use of an abundance of chemical enhancements for "recreation" purposes, mass marketing and target demographics, there is a large subset of the population currently using the most low end of the MK techniques of their own free will and volition....without even being aware of it.

Marketers and internet savvy persons are well aware of the use of visual/auditory techniques in order to sell a product - or an idea- and they work their trade every day....through hashtags, keywords, clickbait, fashion trends, you name it, it's being made available.

Most people only see the idealized "glamorous" side of these fantasies....introductions into various subcultures, political and social movements, ideologues and so forth. Not everyone sees the darker side of what lies beneath the surface, and to be brutally honest...I hope they never swim into those dangerous waters. I had to wade into that world as part of my psychology studies years ago, and I still suffer negative effects from coming face to face with the depths of human depravity.

MKULTRA and it's subsidiaries may no longer be in operation at a Governmental level, but it is wide awake and gnawing at the ropes of modern media consumption....and there is and always will be a great demand for someone able to sell the proverbial ice to an Eskimo.

edit on 1/25/16 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling, grammar edits

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Which goes for another argument against encryption back-doors in our electronics. For people unaware of things the government wouldn't even need to bug most suspects homes or cars, they walk around with a bug all day, that being their smartphone.

As you said in your earlier post, technology is making surveillance extremely cheap. I read somewhere, forgot where, that it use to cost 13 or 14 dollars an hour to watch someone, technology has cut that cost to 2 cents an hour.

Hacking someones phone or computer is as easy as writing a script and getting them to visit a website. Then you have all the access you need to a persons life.

Not to mention you could make a pretty penny if you know the right people to sell certain things gained through your information collecting.
edit on 25-1-2016 by gpols because: Added a sentence.

edit on 25-1-2016 by gpols because: grammar

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

And...most of the time...they don't even need to hack it. Ask anyone who works with OSINT how easy it is find information on people online. Information that is freely and publicly available. No hacking involved... I can find everything from social security numbers, phone numbers, addresses, relatives, what school(s) you attend, what church(es) you attend, and even where you grocery shop. I make an entire psychological profile on you without you even knowing that I'm looking...all without ever once hacking anything you own.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I will abstain from mentioning and detailing those tactics, for those of us invested in these types of studies know full well, and others new to the field can easily find the answers themselves with a bit of proper research. I do so because I am cautious about releasing such poisons into the thoughtscape online, mainly because I am well aware that there are imbalanced persons who fetishize these MK topics (whether as a Master or Slave) and I don't wish to give them any more ideas for their perversions. There are, sadly, enough "manuals" and books written on the subject of "mind control" to satisfy that subculture and I wish no place within the ranks of being even a remote accessory to the "hows" of such things.

I'm really glad that you aren't putting it out there... I see self-described professionals do that all the time in the media and it makes me cringe. Thanks for making all the potential copy-cats aware and shortening their learning curve, right?

Of course, I know you understand all about the suggestibility potential and it's uses/implications. We've discussed this before...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If you know where to look... what's crazy is a lot of this information you can get from government websites.

My experience with being the "suggestie" and the "suggesters" is they hacked my phone and computers. The thing about it is I know who it is and the reasons for it, but wouldn't you know it. They'll sit here and deny it to the death of them. Even though my former employer is good friends with Rick Santorum(former senator) and his brother Dan. Rick and John Boehner being apart of the gang of 7.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

I understand...thus my comment on another thread about not always knowing who is your friend and who is your enemy. I work with government and military at many levels. Yet, I am pretty sure that to-be-unnamed departments have taken more than one glance in my direction...lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Think about all those people who think they have loyal friends, but are really their enemies. A lot of people are loyal to a fault and hang out with their enemies everyday eat with them and all, but they stick around and deal with less than they deserve because those people fill some kind of emotional or psychological need.

Crazy world out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join